• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
If you use 85% scaling, try experimenting with the Sharpness setting as well. Putting it at 8 made it look a whole lot better than 5 when scaling down 1440p with 85%.

Acrano

Nov 2, 2017
Germany
It's the nvidia drivers. I didn't have this problem until I updated to them, and then started getting a ton of crashes with the tobii and other errors relating to easy cheat and file versions.

So I rolled back to the 418.91 drivers and haven't had those kind of crashes since.

Seems like that did the trick. I rolled back to version 419.17 (with device manager, last version of the driver) but the game keept crashing while booting up. I then deleted the driver completely with a tool and did a clean install with the version 418.91 you mentioned.

No crashes for over an hour now, hopefully it stays that way, I will see tonight when I play.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
2K is 1920x1080.
Same way as 4K is 3840x2160.
2560x1440 is 2.5K if you wish.
2K resolution is a generic term for display devices or content having horizontal resolution of approximately 2,000 pixels. Digital Cinema Initiatives (DCI) defines 2K resolution standard as 2048×1080.

1920x1080 is refereed to as 1080p or "full HD".

dgrdsv

Oct 25, 2017
Digital Cinema Initiatives (DCI) defines 2K resolution standard as 2048×1080.
Yeah, and they also define 4K as 4096x2160. Doesn't stop anyone from calling 4K what is called 4K right now. Same is true for 1920x1080.
One thing is for certain though: 2560 is not 2K by any measure.

Legjend

Oct 25, 2017
Have some micro stuttering with the following specs:

I5, 16GB, 1070

What do you guys think it is? Have an SSD as well

Nezacant

Oct 27, 2017
Windows just updated to build 18365.16 for me... now Division 2 will not start. It crashes on its loading screen every time.

EDIT: Not limited to Division. Seems to be an issue with DirectX. All games crash. :(
EDIT 2: Rolled back to 18351.8 and everything works again. Insider Preview folks be wary.

Last edited:

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
86fps in benchmark at 3440x1440 with all settings maxed (except Volumetric Fog down from Ultra to High)

79fps in benchmark at 3440x1440 with all settings maxed (including Volumetric Fog being Ultra)

I think the extra 7 frames are worth that tick down.

Remark

Oct 27, 2017
game runs fine outside of all the crashes from dx12.

i dont wanna switch to dx11 because i lose like 20 frames

Remark

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, I genuinely don't seem to gain much frames in dx12 for it to be worth the aggro (2080 and an overclocked 6600k)
Well I'm running on a mid-range AMD card (RX 570) so that's a big reason why I'm seeing such a big increase. I would imagine for NVIDIA cards especially high-end the difference is lot more negligible.

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Had to go back to DX11 for this one on my wife's 1070. She was able to play it all night last night without a single crash, but performance is noticeably worse. I hope NVIDIA and Ubisoft get these issues ironed out soon. NVIDIA has struggled with their DX12 driver support in general, with Frostbite games and now the Division 2.

Philtastic

Jan 3, 2018
Canada
I have given up on DX12 after disabling all overlays and the full-screen optimisations. Some days, it runs for hours before crashing, but then other times it crashes within half an hour. The last straw for me was when it crashed right before a mission ended: I still got the completion, but it really highlighted how the game could crash at critical moments. The game has never crashed on me with DX11.

Tainted

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I have given up on DX12 after disabling all overlays and the full-screen optimisations. Some days, it runs for hours before crashing, but then other times it crashes within half an hour. The last straw for me was when it crashed right before a mission ended: I still got the completion, but it really highlighted how the game could crash at critical moments. The game has never crashed on me with DX11.

I'm with you on this. I like the frame boost and eye candy of DX12...but it is not worth it at all if the game randomly crashes. In a game like this, you just can't have that.

noomi

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
So @ 1440p resolution scale to 85% and sharpening to 8 is what's recommended for an FPS boost? Should look indistinguishable from normal 1440p with 100% res scale?

Also what is the default sharpening, 5? I thought it was 7....

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
I disabled the sharpening as it looked terrible. I don't need my games looking like trash tier russian ENBs.

Deleted member 4970

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was about to come in and ask if there are DX12 fixes... damn, I hope they can patch it soon. I haven't tried DX11 yet and I hope it doesn't jeopardize my settings because I really like how the game looks and runs right now!

Edit: just ran the benchmark with an avg FPS of 75 and the lowest that I could tell being 71fps so I think I'm good!

Last edited:

Tainted

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I was about to come in and ask if there are DX12 fixes... damn, I hope they can patch it soon. I haven't tried DX11 yet and I hope it doesn't jeopardize my settings because I really like how the game looks and runs right now!

Edit: just ran the benchmark with an avg FPS of 75 and the lowest that I could tell being 71fps so I think I'm good!

At this point I just think DX12 is unstable on the Snowdrop engine as Div 1 behaved the same once the DX12 support was patched in. I do not know how much of a priority it is for them to resolve....it was not even mentioned in the last State of the Game stream.

Remark

Oct 27, 2017
At this point I just think DX12 is unstable on the Snowdrop engine as Div 1 behaved the same once the DX12 support was patched in. I do not know how much of a priority it is for them to resolve....it was not even mentioned in the last State of the Game stream.
I can't play this game on DX11 tho.

Game becomes a stuttery mess on DX11. DX12 it's smooth and looks better but the crashes man......

Tainted

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I can't play this game on DX11 tho.

Game becomes a stuttery mess on DX11. DX12 it's smooth and looks better but the crashes man......

I checked your post history and noticed you are only running with 8GB of system RAM....I would be upgrading that to 16GB asap to fix up the DX11 performance at least. DX11 performance for me rarely drops below 60fps @ 1080p at ultra preset

Im happy to keep playing it in DX11 until they fix up the DX12 stability (Which I doubt they will tbh). DX12 looks nicer on the eye and maybe less frame drops when things are hectic but unplayable due to the random crashes.

My Specs: i7-6700k, 16GB RAM, gtx1080 8GB

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
These days you really want 16GB RAM for open world game otherwise you'll start to run out and get stuttering.

Philtastic

Jan 3, 2018
Canada
For stutter, particularly if you have less than 16 GB of RAM, I found lowering the extra streaming distance really helped to get a smoother experience. For me with 8 GB, I put it to 2.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
I'm wondering how do I get MSI monitoring overlay to work in this game?
It seems like I can't get them to work in this one and couldn't in Odyssey either, I've tried with uplay overlay disabled too.

And yes, I've noticed that almost all of my performance drops have been due to the CPU. It didn't make sense that I'd have so much of an effect on my CPU eventhough it's about 3-4 years old. I can tell because reducing graphics settings doesn't seem to help with drops. Infact I reduced them so much that I was basically running a mix of medium and high on a GTX1080/i7 6700K at 1080P. I locked the framerate to 60 and voila ! the random drops below 60 were kinda gone.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Well I'm running on a mid-range AMD card (RX 570) so that's a big reason why I'm seeing such a big increase. I would imagine for NVIDIA cards especially high-end the difference is lot more negligible.
Can confirm, it's like a 30% performance boost on my RX580 as well... Went from 40-50fps on high settings to 60-70fps on the very high preset. I even bumped the reflections up since it only cost 1-2 fps.

Remark

Oct 27, 2017
I checked your post history and noticed you are only running with 8GB of system RAM....I would be upgrading that to 16GB asap to fix up the DX11 performance at least. DX11 performance for me rarely drops below 60fps @ 1080p at ultra preset

Im happy to keep playing it in DX11 until they fix up the DX12 stability (Which I doubt they will tbh). DX12 looks nicer on the eye and maybe less frame drops when things are hectic but unplayable due to the random crashes.

My Specs: i7-6700k, 16GB RAM, gtx1080 8GB
I upgraded to 16GB about a week ago (2-day'ed 16GB 2666Mhz RAM thru Amazon). The game runs better on DX12 but on DX11 it's still a stuttery mess with my FPS jumping from 45-90 depending on where I'm at in the open world. It's legit not an enjoyable experience.

ss_lemonade

Oct 27, 2017
It seems like I can't get them to work in this one and couldn't in Odyssey either, I've tried with uplay overlay disabled too.

And yes, I've noticed that almost all of my performance drops have been due to the CPU. It didn't make sense that I'd have so much of an effect on my CPU eventhough it's about 3-4 years old. I can tell because reducing graphics settings doesn't seem to help with drops. Infact I reduced them so much that I was basically running a mix of medium and high on a GTX1080/i7 6700K at 1080P. I locked the framerate to 60 and voila ! the random drops below 60 were kinda gone.
Is that the same as RTSS? The displays just fine for me.

castaction

Oct 28, 2017
i have a ryzen 2200, rx570 8gig, 16gig of ram, i manage to get 45 to 60fps on low setting 1080p, i do like the game

Jhey Cyphre

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like the game is running well, but I keep seeing this very slight screen stuttering? Anyone experience anything like this?

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
I'm getting these mini-hitches since the skill fix patch was released.
Had none until then since the early access release.

Anyone else experienced this? Did you manage to fix it?

Edit: PC

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
I've been getting more of them, and even one or two really bad ones, and it's almost always coupled with the "your connection to the server is poor" errors on the side. My connection hasn't changed and not experiencing it anywhere else, which makes me think they might be having server issues after this last patch.

bargeparty

Oct 30, 2017

You generally need to update afterburner and rivatuner for new games. I'm not sure if they updated the afterburner package on Guru3D but like last week or so i had to download a separate update for rivatuner only to get it on the latest version.

Now looking at your setup it's pretty similar to mine but i have a 1070. My cpu is overclocked to 4.6ghz bit I'm not sure if that matters much. I'm running at 1080p/60 easily with a couple settings turned down. I used the suggestions in the hardware unboxed video and digital foundry to tone down a couple of the more intense settings with minimal impact to graphics quality. Most are at their highest or just a step down. I'll sit comfortably above 60 i just lock it for smoothness.

Something seems wrong for you.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
My performance isn't great(anything from 45-100 depending on location) but I'm being heavily bottlenecked by my OC'd 3570k and 8gb of ram. Can't wait till I upgrade later this year.

At least it runs better than Anthem which is still unplayable to me.

Deleted member 1185

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ive been having the hitches since launch. Definitely a server side issue i think, after the hitch my character is usually running in place for a couple of seconds before he seems to catch back up and resync with the game server

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
You generally need to update afterburner and rivatuner for new games. I'm not sure if they updated the afterburner package on Guru3D but like last week or so i had to download a separate update for rivatuner only to get it on the latest version.

Now looking at your setup it's pretty similar to mine but i have a 1070. My cpu is overclocked to 4.6ghz bit I'm not sure if that matters much. I'm running at 1080p/60 easily with a couple settings turned down. I used the suggestions in the hardware unboxed video and digital foundry to tone down a couple of the more intense settings with minimal impact to graphics quality. Most are at their highest or just a step down. I'll sit comfortably above 60 i just lock it for smoothness.

Something seems wrong for you.
It's an updated version.
It's not working even on AC Odyssey, yet it's working fine in Sekiro