• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 12635

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
From my experience that damn Uplay client causes a lot of those issues. Some users reported that deactivate all of the overlay features and reduce the priority of process in the scheduler has helped them to reduce the crashes ...

MMBosstones86

Oct 25, 2017
Is this game just horribly optimized? I've turned down the intensive settings, and it still hangs around 58ish FPS while not moving. Even changing from 4k to 2k had almost no impact on FPS on my 2080. That....doesn't seem to make sense

dgrdsv

Oct 25, 2017
Is this game just horribly optimized? I've turned down the intensive settings, and it still hangs around 58ish FPS while not moving. Even changing from 4k to 2k had almost no impact on FPS on my 2080. That....doesn't seem to make sense
Something is limiting your fps. Check your GPU usage. Make sure that you don't have any fps limiter active. I'm getting 77 fps in game's benchmark on my 2080 in 2560x1600 with all maxed out. And my 6850K is certainly slower than your 9700K.

Jhey Cyphre

Oct 25, 2017
Man... still nothing about the DX12 crashing? It's noticeably smoother on my end, so it's a total bummer that I'm still getting the occasional crash. Seems to happen lot when I start checking out inventory and such.

FRV

Oct 27, 2017
Weird that they still haven't hot fixed the slow loading they introduced with the patch days ago.

Telaso

Oct 25, 2017
I've noticed the loading screens take longer if i'm alt tabbed out during them. If i stay focused it only takes about 2 minutes to load in.

Weird.

Telaso

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, I'm a pretty heavy Path of Exile gamer. Where you can be in game doing content within 5 seconds of hitting go on the launcher.

Anything is too long after that :)

MMBosstones86

Oct 25, 2017
Something is limiting your fps. Check your GPU usage. Make sure that you don't have any fps limiter active. I'm getting 77 fps in game's benchmark on my 2080 in 2560x1600 with all maxed out. And my 6850K is certainly slower than your 9700K.

Yup. Turned off V-Sync and benchmark now shows ~90. Strange it can't hold 60 w/ Vsync on.

Deleted member 12635

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
The starting of the game while there is still a delay between the anti-cheat tool and the actual start of the game is fixed for me now. Back to the old way of starting ...

Slackbladder

Nov 24, 2017
Kent
So, can't get 60fps and 4k with everything highest with a 2080ti, i5 [email protected] and 32GB 3200mhz RAM. Now of course if I tweak I can get that, mainly by dropping Volumetric fog. But the trees in this game really hit the fps. Changing vegetation settings doesn't seem to affect them only stuff like grass and bushes. Set to low and it looks too ugly.

Now, when will DX12 be fixed? Crashing constatnly on my laptop though admittedly better on my desktop. Still a bloody pain.

Deleted member 12635

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
So, can't get 60fps and 4k with everything highest with a 2080ti, i5 [email protected] and 32GB 3200mhz RAM. Now of course if I tweak I can get that, mainly by dropping Volumetric fog. But the trees in this game really hit the fps. Changing vegetation settings doesn't seem to affect them only stuff like grass and bushes. Set to low and it looks too ugly.

Now, when will DX12 be fixed? Crashing constatnly on my laptop though admittedly better on my desktop. Still a bloody pain.
I made the experience the game is reacting to overclocking in a bad way. If you drive your GPU at modest settings I run into zero issues unless I try to hard with my OC.

Slackbladder

Nov 24, 2017
Kent
I made the experience the game is reacting to overclocking in a bad way. If you drive your GPU at modest settings I run into zero issues unless I try to hard with my OC.
Yes, oc'ing runs the risk of ctd'ing. I had that experiance with my old 1080ti. My laptop however is all stock though and doesn't hit 99% of my gpu usage ever. It's just randomly crashing and it's impossible for me to find the cause. And it wasn't always like this. Initially it was fine. But after the newest drivers and game updates seems to have become unstable on my laptop. Frustrating.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Those slight stutters that occurred from time to time are gone for me after the newest patch. Loading is also a lot better.
Anybody else?

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Those slight stutters that occurred from time to time are gone for me after the newest patch. Loading is also a lot better.
Anybody else?
I did not get a single stutter since the patch, I could see my friend lag sometimes, like when he was having stutters/freezes, but he told me he did not stutter.

So it may have been tied to network, but now it's decoupled from the render, thus no more stutter ?

PixelatedDonut

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Philly ❤️
Still getting stutters here, supposedly this problem was in division 1 too and people changed cpu affinity to fix it, sadly you can't do it on d2.

Specs:
I5-6600k stock
Evga 1070 ftw
16gb ram
And the game is on an nvme ssd.

My character seems to freeze for like 5 seconds randomly and I end up almost dying. Looks like a texture streaming issue or something. No other problems with any other games and I have solid gb internet that has so problems anywhere else.

MMBosstones86

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still manually closing EAC each time to prevent the hitches. was getting some massive drops with it running in the background. Seems better without.

Still getting stutters here, supposedly this problem was in division 1 too and people changed cpu affinity to fix it, sadly you can't do it on d2.

You can still change the affinity through task manager.

Deleted member 4346

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Have the problems with NVIDIA and DX12 crashes been fixed yet? I ended up putting this game by the wayside since my wife's system was never stable on DX12, and DX11 was stuttery.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
New NVIDIA update claims to improve performance by up to 30%. No idea if it is legit.

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Just played for about an hour and my stuttering seems to be gone during the time I played. I was getting them every 15 minutes or so before the driver update and had zero in my hour of playtime. I am going to try enabling DX12 next. I was getting the stuttering significantly more often when using DX12 so I will test it out next.

EDIT: I am still getting the DX12 stuttering but it is not nearly as frequent as it was but back to DX11 I go.

Last edited:

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New NVIDIA update claims to improve performance by up to 30%. No idea if it is legit.
Up to 31% is for Metro Exodus, TD2 is up to 11% :

• In Metro Exodus, performance increases by up to 31%, with overall average improvements across all tested resolutions and GPUs of 10.5%
  • In Strange Brigade, performance increases by up to 13.7%, with overall average improvements of 7.7%
  • In Tom Clancy's The Division 2, performance increases by up to 11.3%, with overall average improvements of 3.6%