• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia

(Click for general game info.)

🖥️ System requirements:
thedivision2sysreqscoklw.jpg

🧰 Latest drivers: (as at 24/02/2022)
AMD: 22.2.2
Nvidia: 511.79

📊 Benchmarks:
ComputerBase (German; launch build)
GameGPU (Russian; beta build)
PC Games Hardware (German; beta build)

🎩 Tips and tricks:
List of known issues: See this official forum post. (Credit to Ubi itself via daxy.)
Cap the frame rate/potentially improve frame times: Download RivaTuner Statistics Server (if you use MSI Afterburner, then you already have it installed), input your desired framerate limit in the "Framerate limit" box, and hit Enter . Alternatively, those with an Nvidia GPU can either cap the frame rate at the driver level via the Nvidia Control Panel (requires the 441.87+ drivers) or use Nvidia Inspector to force a vsync internal lower than one-half (click the small tool icon to open the game profile section).
Note: Useful if your system can't maintain, say, 60fps and you're sensitive to the wild fluctuations, or you're experiencing uneven frame times. The greater window the engine has to render a given frame, if you're imposing a lower frame rate than the game can otherwise provide, may also help in alleviating stuttering related to data streaming.
Mitigate instability when using DX12 (1): Disable the Uplay overlay (untick "Enable in-game overlay for supported games" in Uplay -> Settings -> General) and any other overlays that may be running (e.g. RTSS).
Mitigate instability when using DX12 (2): While the game is running, install and run Process Lasso, right-click EasyAntiCheat.exe, navigate to CPU affinity -> Always -> Select CPU affinity, clear the existing selections, and select a single core/thread. Be sure to click "No" when exiting Process Lasso so that the rule is automatically applied to future instances of EasyAntiCheat.exe. (Credit to someone @ Reddit via SleepSmasher.)

icon_warning.png
When posting your own tip/trick or something else you'd like to see here in the OP, be sure to tag my username (@GrrImAFridge), as this way I'll receive a notification. I may miss your suggestion otherwise.

⚙️ Graphics settings:

Graphics quality: Low; Medium; High; Ultra; Custom
Brightness: Self-explanatory
Contrast: Self-explanatory
Vsync mode:: Off/On
Frame rate limit: Off/On
Custom FPS limit: 20fps -> 200fps in increments of 5pfs

Shadow quality: Low; Medium; High; Very High
Spot shadows: Low; Medium; High
Spot shadow resolution: Low; Medium; High; Very High
Contact shadows: Off; Sun low; All low; All high
Resolution scale: 50%; 75%; 85%; 100%
Sharpening: Self-explanatory

Particle detail: Low; Medium; High; Ultra
Volumetric fog: Low; Medium; High; Ultra; Cinematic
Reflection quality: Low; Medium; High
Local reflection quality: Off; Low; Medium; High; Very High
Vegetation quality: Low; Medium; High
Subsurface scattering: Off/On

Anisotropic filtering: 1x; 2x; 4x; 8x; 16x
Parallax mapping: No/Yes
Ambient occlusion: Low; Medium; High; Very High
Depth of field: Off/On
Object detail: 0 -> 100 in increments of 1
Extra streaming distance: 0 -> 10 in increments of 1

Lens flare: Off/On
Vignette effect: Off/On
Water quality: Low; Medium; High
Chromatic aberrsation: Off/On
Projected texture resolution: 128; 256; 512
High-resolution sky textures: No/Yes
Terrain quality: Low; Medium; High

Windowed mode: Windowed; Windowed (fullscreen); Fullscreen
Resolution: Self-explanatory
Refresh rate: Self-explanatory
Monitor: Self-explanatory
Enable reduced latency: No/Yes
Enable DX12 renderer: No/Yes
HDR: ?
HDR peak brightness: ?
HDR peak brightness for UI elements: ?

Last edited:

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ah we have a performance thread already, was about to post one

thedivision2_2019_02_jvkfs.png

2700x/1080Ti/DX11/1440p

45-70 fps at maxed out settings. 60 fps+ are possible with a bit of tweaking (or just using the high preset), but most people don't like reducing settings so...

DX 12 seems to perform worse then DX 11. It was the opposite in D1 for me. GSync also doesn't work for me with DX12.

2080Ti should arrive today, will update once I have numbers for that.

Edit: 2080 Ti is ~ 40% faster
thedivision2_2019_02_j0jx2.png

Last edited:

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Getting about 90 fps with everything maxxed at 1080p on my 2600x/2080 non-ti which seems pretty good considering you have to go out of your way to max these settings, even ultra doesn't throw them all up. Game is very pretty too.

Like. the difference between stock ultra and just some minor tweaks was pretty huge in visual quality.
LtfPyjt.jpg

Pluna

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 27, 2019
After fiddling with settings I noticed that it said you need to restart the game to apply those settings... the hell?!

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Anyone here using a DS4 controller? Does vibration works for you?

The game is barely holding 60fps at 1080p on my PC, i5 7600 and gtx 1060 6gb.

After fiddling with settings I noticed that it said you need to restart the game to apply those settings... the hell?!
Yeah, some effects need a restart. It's always been like this since The Division 1. Lots of games do this too, in fact.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Was able to get it to a relatively stable 60 at 1080p with a 970 + 4690K (at 4.3 Ghz) and a mix of high-medium settings. The largest change in perceived smoothness was from dropping extra streaming distance down to 0 from the default +5. Still get some drops to the high 50s every now and then (rain!), but I think it should be possible to get it there.

Kadath

Oct 25, 2017
DX 12 seems to perform worse then DX 11. It was the opposite in D1 for me.

DX12 is still unusable in D1. I haven't compared performance, but DX12 is filled with glitches, strobe lights, graphical artifacts, z-fighting and flickering quite frequent.

It's a total mess, and last I checked was just a month ago with brand new drivers. I only got D1 at the end of 2017, but DX12 never worked through all of 2018.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
DX12 is still unusable in D1. I haven't compared performance, but DX12 is filled with glitches, strobe lights, graphical artifacts, z-fighting and flickering quite frequent.

It's a total mess, and last I checked was just a month ago with brand new drivers. I only got D1 at the end of 2017, but DX12 never worked through all of 2018.

Only checked briefly a couple of months ago. Seemed fine to me, but not gonna argue. Was barely 15 minutes, just wanted to give it a try after reading that dx12 was implemented.

Skeleton

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Getting about 90 fps with everything maxxed at 1080p on my 2600x/2080 non-ti which seems pretty good considering you have to go out of your way to max these settings, even ultra doesn't throw them all up. Game is very pretty too.

Like. the difference between stock ultra and just some minor tweaks was pretty huge in visual quality.

Nice, I am in the middle of a build using those specs so 90 FPS sounds good, could possibly get higher at launch too!

Kadath

Oct 25, 2017
Only checked briefly a couple of months ago. Seemed fine to me, but not gonna argue. Was barely 15 minutes, just wanted to give it a try after reading that dx12 was implemented.

The texture z-fighting can be massive, but occasional, so it can happen that you can play a long time without noticing it.

More conspicuous issues (on Nvidia) is the whole lighting flashing white, from time to time, but I think it happens only inside buildings.
Another issue is green blurred splotches of color along the top of the screen. It almost feels like some weird halo or lens flare, but it's a glitch.
Oh, and it's also unstable, but this is inconsistent too, so it can happen it plays fine for a while.

DX11 instead fixes all of these.

Pluna

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 27, 2019
R5 2600 + Vega 56 Red Dragon (OC'ed to V64 level) @ 1440p and I need to tweak some settings to not dip too much below 60 in large open areas. It's running at 65-70 (70 is my freesync max) for the most part at the high preset though. Like 90% of the time. When it dips it's never below 50.
I need to check how it runs with DX12.

Last edited:

Tezu

Oct 25, 2017
This easy anti cheat keeps crashing my game. The same thing happens with Apex. Anyone knows why?

I can't start the game, and when it starts, it crashes before it reaches the main menu :(

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
This easy anti cheat keeps crashing my game. The same thing happens with Apex. Anyone knows why?

I can't start the game, and when it starts, it crashes before it reaches the main menu :(

Have you added the EAC executable to your exceptions list for your firewall/antivirus? Unlikely, but it might be the culprit.

It's in C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Ubisoft Game

"EACLaunch.exe"

Kadath

Oct 25, 2017
By the way, this is the kind of answer you get from Ubisoft on their forums (this is D1, but I have a suspicion that if D1 is still in this state to this day, can't expect to have it all magically fixed in D2):

uVY7Nkq.jpg

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
By the way, this is the kind of answer you get from Ubisoft on their forums (this is D1, but I have a suspicion that if D1 is still in this state to this day, can't expect to have it all magically fixed in D2):

uVY7Nkq.jpg
The same goes for Dualshock 4 support.

2014 thread: https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/953729-Dualshock-4-rumble-not-working
2018 thread: https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1738230-PS4-Controller-Vibration-not-working

Still not fixed in this beta build.

Tbh, this is a deal breaker for me. Especially since the game is not on Steam now so I can't use Steam API to hook my DS4 as XBox controller. This was the only way for me to get vibration in the first game. Anthem it is for me.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
I'm travelling these days so can't check it myself but I suspected that the nvidia PCSS and HFTS technique from Division 1 would be gone in Division 2 with it being an AMD marketed game and what not.

Can anyone who is playing this confirm if this is the case?

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
I'm travelling these days so can't check it myself but I suspected that the nvidia PCSS and HFTS technique from Division 1 would be gone in Division 2 with it being an AMD marketed game and what not.

Edit: oops misunderstood
I'll have a look

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
There aren't any specifics for the AO technique. Only low to highest.
If it's there then it'd be under shadows, not AO

What a massive disappointment though, a variable penumbra soft shadow technique would've been amazing for a foliage rich environment like the one in this game.

Pluna

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 27, 2019
Wow, that the hell?! I did just enable DX12 and switched to preset ultra, did a restart and now it never dips below my fressync limit of 70 @1440p. It definitely runs way better with DX12 on my Vega. Alt+Tab did crash the game though... lol

Edit: did run around in the city for 10 minutes and the fps is rock solid in DX12 for me. Frametimes stable. Have to check how it is in big fights with fog and all but the performance improved by quite a bit with DX12. Alt+Tab definitely crashes the game every time now though. That didn't happen with DX11.

Last edited:

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
If it's there then it'd be under shadows, not AO

What a massive disappointment though, a variable penumbra soft shadow technique would've been amazing for a foliage rich environment like the one in this game.

Yeah, my mistake, saw that abbreviation and my mind immediately went to HBAO+.

Anyway, I checked and it's the same deal under all shadows settings. They're not labeled -- just low - high(est).

Tezu

Oct 25, 2017
Have you added the EAC executable to your exceptions list for your firewall/antivirus? Unlikely, but it might be the culprit.

It's in C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Ubisoft Game

"EACLaunch.exe"

My Windows firewall is always off and I don't use anti-virus :(

Tried updating my gpu driver and it didn't work either.

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
Yeah I have a similar build to Pluna, just a weaker CPU (Ryzen 5 1400), and my framerate is usually around 70+ at 1440p Ultra. Also got a massively OC'd Vega 56 Red Dragon, above stock Vega 64 performance. DX12.

Pluna

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 27, 2019
Yeah I have a similar build to Pluna, just a weaker CPU (Ryzen 5 1400), and my framerate is usually around 70+ at 1440p Ultra. Also got a massively OC'd Vega 56 Red Dragon, above stock Vega 64 performance. DX12.
Did you check DX11? Performance is worse with DX11, right? Does it crash with dx12 when you alt+tab out and back in? I disabled fullscreen optimization and that might be the cause, not dx12.

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
Did you check DX11? Performance is worse with DX11, right? Does it crash with dx12 when you alt+tab out and back in? I disabled fullscreen optimization and that might be the cause, not dx12.

I think I alt+tabbed without it crashing, but I don't know for sure. It did disconnect me though, so I'm calling it a night for now.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, my mistake, saw that abbreviation and my mind immediately went to HBAO+.

Anyway, I checked and it's the same deal under all shadows settings. They're not labeled -- just low - high(est).
well that sucks! 10 years since it was introuduced and we actually have sequels getting rid of PCSS, I don't understand why devs just don't do their own variable penumbra based solution for shadows, RDR2 managed it on consoles ! Thanks though.

Tezu

Oct 25, 2017
Any chance you are using an Asus graphics card?

Nope, I have a Zotac one.

The easy anti-cheat don't let me start the game because of the lightningservice.exe (probably an Aorus RGB thing). But even if I end the process, one of those three might happen:

1. The game doesn't even launch;
2. It launches but before it even reaches the main menu, it crashes to the desktop without any error warning;
3. One time only I managed to make to the character screen, but right after it, it gave me the error "charlie-03" , something about the Easy anti-cheat and that I might reinstall the game. I did, didn't work.

I update my drivers, closed anything RGB related, closed anything that might give me an overlay (afterburner and others) and even removed all my overclock (CPU, RAM and GPU).

It still crashes.

Revikan

Oct 28, 2017
Indiana
Nope, I have a Zotac one.

The easy anti-cheat don't let me start the game because of the lightningservice.exe (probably an Aorus RGB thing). But even if I end the process, one of those three might happen:

1. The game doesn't even launch;
2. It launches but before it even reaches the main menu, it crashes to the desktop without any error warning;
3. One time only I managed to make to the character screen, but right after it, it gave me the error "charlie-03" , something about the Easy anti-cheat and that I might reinstall the game. I did, didn't work.

I update my drivers, closed anything RGB related, closed anything that might give me an overlay (afterburner and others) and even removed all my overclock (CPU, RAM and GPU).

It still crashes.
Strange. lightningservice.exe prevents me from running any game that uses eac. I end the process and it always fixes the issue for me. I hope you get it resolved!

Tezu

Oct 25, 2017
Strange. lightningservice.exe prevents me from running any game that uses eac. I end the process and it always fixes the issue for me. I hope you get it resolved!

Thanks! There are a few people over Reddit having the same problem.

I gotta work now, I hope someone find a fix before I get to play at home :)

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks! There are a few people over Reddit having the same problem.

I gotta work now, I hope someone find a fix before I get to play at home :)

Is there a way to verify all necessary game files are present? Maybe that would do something.

Last edited:

Tezu

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a way to verify all necessary game files are present? Maybe would do something.

There is, didn't work either :(

There are a few people saying that disabling overlays works, this did nothing for me and same for a few others. I have the same problems with Apex, even if I manage to open the game it'll eventually crash without any warning. Both games uses EAC.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Can't find any kind of difference between dx11 and 12 on Nvidia, but I'm just a layman... who knows. G-Sync definitely doesn't work at DX 12 for me though.
1080Ti to 2080Ti scaling is way better then I expected

2700x/1080Ti, 2080Ti / 1440p / DX 11 / manually maxed out settings.

division2yukcb.jpg

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States
The game looks and runs great for me @ 1440p/60fps w/ high settings on 4790k & RTX 2060. I had several d/c the first hour and the framerate dropped a bit while it was raining but overall I am impressed.

wbloop

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
For fuck's sake, I can't get Afterburner to run with Division 2. If I start the game up with Afterburner it just puts itself in windowed mode with a black screen and Alt+Enter crashed the game. Just fantastic.

anyone with a 2080 chime in on what to expect?
I would love to, if my benchmarking tools would work. MSI 2080 Gaming X Trio here.

ABK281

Apr 5, 2018
Yeah this game definitely doesn't run at a steady 60 fps on a 2070 at 1440p. Odd that they recommend a 1070 for 1440p, unless there's a large disparity between the high preset and the mostly maxed out settings I was using.

Evergarden

Oct 25, 2017
How does it run on 1080 ? I still haven't made it to home and kinda curious if I can run it @1440p with High+Max settings

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I've crashed 4 times in the space of about an hour. The frame rate is very sporadic, for example I just chugged down to 48fps while at a vendor. I feel like there's a bit of stutter, the game doesn't feel smooth even at high frame rates. Big battles like the first boss fight hammered frame rate too. Overall I'm not impressed, but it's a beta so who knows? It really does feel like one that's for sure.

8600k @ 4.8GHz, GTX 1080, SSD, 16GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz, 1080p, 144Hz

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
For fuck's sake, I can't get Afterburner to run with Division 2. If I start the game up with Afterburner it just puts itself in windowed mode with a black screen and Alt+Enter crashed the game. Just fantastic.

Very odd :/

AB and RTSS have no conflicts on my end, even with the overlay on. Perhaps disabling Uplay's in-game overlay would do the trick.

Dictator

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Berlin, 'SCHLAND

A shame that that is the case if so. Looking at the above list of settings, I think it to be true.

A sequel maybe where you cannot get the shadows looking better than the first game would be kinda lame.

wbloop

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Got AB/RTSS running. I updated to the beta versions of both.

i7-4790K @4.5GHz
16 GB DDR3 @ 2400 MHz
MSI RTX 2080 Gaming X Trio

Everything maxed out on 1440p: This game definitely is demanding on Ultra. It regularly drops under 60fps, even if it's more the 55fps range. It got more crazy during shootouts for sure. Inside the White House I got to about 120fps, but the run up to the WH was in that 55 to 70fps range.

Evergarden

Oct 25, 2017

I would love to, if my benchmarking tools would work. MSI 2080 Gaming X Trio here.
Just had the same issue, disable the game overlay from Uplay settings and try it with that. I worked for me.

I've crashed 4 times in the space of about an hour. The frame rate is very sporadic, for example I just chugged down to 48fps while at a vendor. I feel like there's a bit of stutter, the game doesn't feel smooth even at high frame rates. Big battles like the first boss fight hammered frame rate too. Overall I'm not impressed, but it's a beta so who knows? It really does feel like one that's for sure.

8600k @ 4.8GHz, GTX 1080, SSD, 16GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz, 1080p, 144Hz
This doesn't look well. ☹️

ABK281

Apr 5, 2018
Nevermind, the game is running well above 60 fps at 1620p now. I turned off the low latency mode which was affecting performance slightly from what I can tell and turned off vsync. For some reason this game won't stay at 60fps every time I turn the camera with vsync on, even though it's running well above 60fps without it. Might try turning on prefer maximum performance in nvcp.

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
9600k+1070 at 1440p and i have to turn most things to med/off to stay above 60fps outdoors. well, that was just the first encounter. inside the whitehouse is 90ish, but its outside that matters. havent gone further than that, had to leave for work.