• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Inki

Oct 30, 2017
The game is gorgeous, Ultra preset but with Vsync off (forces "Custom" preset - DX12) was getting around 70-90fps at 1440p

8700K (Not overclocked)
16 GB 3200 DDR4
1080ti

HOWEVER I would sometimes get a very short audio Stutter then the screen would lock for about 5 seconds then a crash. Mostly happened randomly but it always happened out of a fight, times I was just running around. No area transitions, or heavy flucuation in scenery (In the city).

Acrano

Nov 2, 2017
Germany
Did you better performance with dx12 or 11?
Better performance with DX12 but I got some graphic bugs in an area with flickering shadows and after 3-10 Minutes the game freezes for a second, then it goes from fullscreen to windowed mode and just closes itself unfortunately. Had no problems in Resident Evil 2 Remake and World of Warcraft with DX12.

Last edited:

Sterba

Oct 25, 2017
Playing on a 9700k and rtx 2070 both at stock, 16gb RAM at 1440p using DX12. Most settings on Ultra, but Fog at medium, and then the Shadow options a mix of Medium/High. Didn't have any stuttering. Floated between 70-90 FPS outside. Indoor would be between 100-110 FPS. Didn't have any crashes either. Kinda wish I would have tried DX11 now though.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Supposedly the dx12 mode is less crash prone if you disable the Uplay overlay. Saw a few people post that on reddit.

OP
OP
GrrImAFridge

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
To unlock the Uplay version early via VPN:

1) Download and install F-Secure Freedome (no hard limits, but the trial period expires after five days), FlyVPN (20-minute session limit), ProtonVPN (speed-limited), TunnelBear (500MB data limit), VPN Gate (no hard limits) or VyprVPN (no hard limits, but remember to cancel within 72 hours)
3) Connect to a server in Asia, Australia, or New Zealand
4) Restart Uplay (if you're logged in)

Edit: No longer necessary.

Last edited:

Inki

Oct 30, 2017

1) Download and install F-Secure Freedome (no hard limits, but the trial period expires after five days), FlyVPN (20-minute session limit), ProtonVPN (speed-limited), TunnelBear (500MB data limit), VPN Gate (no hard limits) or VyprVPN (no hard limits, but remember to cancel within 72 hours)

Is this is a single time unlock or do I need to be going through VPN while I play until local time unlock? I assume this is only for those who have the 3 day head start as well? This won't help with the standard version of the game?

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Is this is a single time unlock or do I need to be going through VPN while I play until local time unlock? I assume this is only for those who have the 3 day head start as well? This won't help with the standard version of the game?
Apparently you need to have the VPN up each time you log in, but once you're in you can turn it off.

OP
OP
GrrImAFridge

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Is this is a single time unlock or do I need to be going through VPN while I play until local time unlock?

You can disconnect from the VPN after launching the game, but if you exit it before unlock o'clock in your region, you'll need to reconnect to launch it again.

I assume this is only for those who have the 3 day head start as well? This won't help with the standard version of the game?

Correct.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone confirm that they're in-game via a VPN? Waiting on the day one patch atm, just want to confirm I can get in today.

Gibbo

The Fallen
Nov 20, 2017
Anyway for people who bought it on the Epicstore to unlock it early? Bought the Gold edition - but servers are still listed as being offline. I'm located in Singapore

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
2700x/2080Ti/1440p/manually maxed out settings

DX12
benchmark_20190311_14bzjma.png

DX11
benchmark_20190311_1440jm5.png

Average performance in DX12 is better and FPS seem to be way smoother in zone 1. But there is something going on in zone 2 and 3. There was even a noticeable stutter at the beginning of zone 3 on DX12 (even visible in the graph). It wasn't there on a second run though....
Give DX12 at least a try.

WildWayz

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I had about a 1.7GB patch today (pre-loaded it on Saturday)... at work at the moment, but used VPN to unlock it. Closed VPN and it locks itself again... so launch it, then close it.

The open beta ran well in DX12 - think I was running it @ 4K on high... stable 60fps.

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
Can't play until Friday (peasant regular edition), how is the stuttering, from anyone that encountered it in the beta?

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017

Much appreciated

astro

Oct 25, 2017
2700x / MSI 2080 Trio / x470 Gaming Pro / 16GB G.Skill FlaireX / EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G3

Ultra preset / 1440 / Ca + Vin off

80-90fps

Game plays and looks gorgeous. This feels like a great launch so far!

Doof

Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky
Anyone with a 980? Beta performance was a little stuttery even on medium settings for me. Hoping the full game's better, but it might be time for an upgrade.

IMACOMPUTA

Oct 27, 2017
I'm also not satisfied.

I7 7700k
Gtx1080ti
16 GB Ram
1 TB ssd

I'm running 75% of 4k with a mixture of high and medium settings and I still get drops into the high 40s. Hopefully the final release will be more optimized.

Also, what's up with the lack of game-ready drivers from Nvidia? They haven't released anything for REmake2 and that's a high profile release.

Tell me about it. That's been pissing me off.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck I'm CPU capped at high 50ish fps with a 6600k, will direct x 12 help?

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Anyway for people who bought it on the Epicstore to unlock it early? Bought the Gold edition - but servers are still listed as being offline. I'm located in Singapore
Epic store is locked to the region you purchased it from, so using VPN doesn't do anything and you'll have to wait until it's actually launched in your region.

EDIT: Found the issue. Basically Epic store launch is global at 12AM PST. It's only uplay version that's getting the staggered regional releases.

Last edited:

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Boosted my OC and return to DX 11, getting over 60 fps usually with some dips, still 100% CPU usage, sometimes just on one or two cores, sometimes all of em

Slackbladder

Nov 24, 2017
Kent
Another crash. Not EAC and MSI. So barely had 10 minutes of the game. Turn off Uplay overlay? Damn stupid if it works. Also crash report doesn't work.

Slackbladder

Nov 24, 2017
Kent
Nope. Still getting crash with overlay off. And I have newest drivers which are apparently for Division 2. No idea what's up.

Slackbladder

Nov 24, 2017
Kent
Yeah, lasts maybe 5 or so minutes then hangs. Have to restart PC. Didn't have this trouble with either of the betas I participated in. Waste of fucking time.
Easy Anti Cheat comes up with that message when I restart. Wouldn't be surprised if that's fucking it up. Don't have any other software running though.
Oh and Xbox One controller doesn't have vibration. Not that it matters as I can't play the fucking thing.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
Got some cash on my PSN account but I'm pondering about the PC version.

My specs are:

Ryzen 5 1600.
16GB DDR4 @ 2400mhz.
GTX 1050 Ti (lol)

Now I know it might be a strange mix of components but I'm wondering if I can reach 30fps on mid settings or something, or if it would run better than the base PS4 version. I know my graphics card is the less good part of my setup but it does a decent work with other games so far.

Basically because I want to give this a go on mouse and keyboard controls and hoping it's gonna run better than my console. Plus, how much should I worry about cheating or whatever on this?

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Got some cash on my PSN account but I'm pondering about the PC version.

My specs are:

Ryzen 5 1600.
16GB DD4 @ 2400mhz.
GTX 1050 Ti (lol)

Now I know it might be a strange mix of components but I'm wondering if I can reach 30fps on mid settings or something, or if it would run better than the base PS4 version. I know my graphics card is the less good part of my setup but it does a decent work with other games so far.

Basically because I want to give this a go on mouse and keyboard controls and hoping it's gonna run better than my console. Plus, how much should I worry about cheating or whatever on this?
It'll run better than the base PS4

BarnabyJones

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone playing early got dx 12 to work without constant crashes or random invisible NPC's? I have an 8700k, 1080ti, 16gb ram. It happened a lot during the open beta and was just curious if it's been addressed in any way.

Last edited:

Slackbladder

Nov 24, 2017
Kent
I think it's a driver problem. When it crashes (in DX11 it hangs and DX12 it CtD's) sometimes my GPU fans drop down to default speed. Either that or their OC is a problem. But they're fine on every other game so...

MattyG

Oct 25, 2017
It's running mostly okay for me. 75ish fps on a 1080ti/8700k ,with almost everything maxed at 1440. Only issue are some random drops, almost freezes, every few minutes. I was playing on a VPN (though it was shut off after I got into the game) so I'm wondering if it wasn't connection issues.

Also, unless I'm missing something the lack of AA options are baffling. IQ isn't super sharp no matter what settings I use, and I suspect it's whatever AA they have forced that you can't change

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
So looks like my Ryzen 7 1700 and 1070 are still holding the 1080p boat well enough? Heck yes, I fucking love this card/CPU combo, been a treat on 1080p gaming.

voOsh

Apr 5, 2018
Just played for 1 hour on my 4690K/1080 system with DX12. Performance was better than the private beta and I'm quite pleased although I did crash once (but ended up right back where I was in the mission) and the sound sometimes glitches out for a few seconds.

Quample

Dec 23, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
I can't tell if some of the dips I'm getting are when stuff is loading. It seems like it though, like when you finish the step of a mission it stutters for a second. It's offputting though, game doesn't seem to perform that well to me. 980Ti/6700k here, mostly medium/high settings. Getting 60 most the time with random dips.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
My system:

i7 4790k
1080 Ti
16GB RAM
Win 10

Game-settings:

- 1620p
- maxed out, except:
shadows: high
objects and streaming: 7/10
no CA, no motion blur

I ran the benchmark several times (3x DX11, 3x DX12), with driver-versions 419.17 and 419.35.
There were no performance-differences between driver-versions except for an odd one-second-freeze in DX12 with 419.35 in a certain scene.

Overall, DX12 runs smoother, stuttering feels "less stuttery" and the lowest framerate was 61FPS (DX11: 53FPS).
In taxing scenes like the shootout, I got a FPS-boost of 5-10 frames in DX12.
But ingame, DX12 seems to be kind of broken for me because the game crashed several times and the ingame menu stutters a lot.