• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Safe to say performance is very close to that of the original division ?
no, I would not say so

I've been playing TD1 for the past 1.5 weeks and I average 80 to 120 fps

with TD2 and identical settings (if available), I get about 60 to 80 fps

however -- TD1 is a 3 year old game, so you should not have the same expectations. also there are a few different/missing graphics settings between the two games

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
That's interesting. Maybe DX12 just has an issue when running at the High or Ultra presets ....

I'm also running Afterburner, although not the OSD, but I am using GFE OSD as well as uPlay overlay. In beta I crashed a lot on DX12, so I'm surprised it's actually working fine.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Getting odd hitches every so often where everything freezes and then speeds up. I thought it was network issues but reading the last few pages it seems safe to say its performance related?

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can't play the game at the moment. I'm having crashes after 2-3 minutes max.

(GTX 1070, I76700K, tried everything ; DX11/DX12, all graphic presets, etc...)

Arsic

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone here also stream ?

I can do max everything dx12 on my rtx 2080, i7 9th gen with 8 cores using OBS Studio. I turn off v sync , so full screen , but can't seem to cap FPS above 90 for the audience. For me I can do 200 FPS on my end and the game looks amazing. G sync disabled as well. Oh and game does look and run better on dx12 not 11 for me oddly.

I turned the Antri to 8x as well to help and capped at 90. Looks great but I was wondering if anyone had any other ways I may be able to play at 120 locked and keep a smooth image for viewers ?

Slackbladder

Nov 24, 2017
Kent
Another wierd technical wtf! On my laptop it runs fine, really well. Tried it in g-sync which I wasn't going to do as my g-sync is funky due to the overdrive being too high and causing inverse ghosting. But I thought I'd take a look. I was met with this -
CBmiXRP.jpg

Black lines/dots on everything. Particularly when moving. Now I could'nt get a shot with MSI Afterburner because when I did it looked fine. It's the display. Never seen this in dozens of games I've played on my laptop. And I remember someone else mentioning this on the Ubisoft forums. Seems the tech gremlins are fucking around somemore.

Are you both on the latest Nvdia driver which is optimised for Div 2 ? (419.35 )
Sounds like my issue. And I've tried everything and am using latest drivers. I thought lower settings helped but i still get a crash some5 minutes in.

Last edited:

Dajanksta

Oct 28, 2017
Only been PC gaming for a few years now off and on. I have DX12 but how do I ensure I'm running a game or this game in particular on DX12?

Also thanks for this thread and all the tips. I will be making sure I utilize some of them since I don't have the worlds best PC. Still learning how to upgrade things and it's a slow process.

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
I am playing at 1440p downsampled to 1080p. Every time I start the game it goes back to windowed, what gives?

edit: it doesn't let me enable directx12 either.

Tainted

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Only been PC gaming for a few years now off and on. I have DX12 but how do I ensure I'm running a game or this game in particular on DX12?

Your video card needs to obviously have DX12 support (Nvidia 9xx and upwards / AMD HD 6000 and upwards ). Then under graphics options there is a setting which switches on DX12 support (Video / Enable DX12 renderer)

Last edited:

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
For those that keep getting crashes, if you are on the newest nvidia drivers (419.35) try rolling back to 418.91 or so.

I was getting constant crashes with the newest drivers on my 1070, rolled back to those drivers and have put in about 15 hours with no crashes.

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, getting annoyed by this.

AnythingI change in the video tab just resets after a new start. I tried to launch as admin and it still wasn't changed upon restart.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
As others might've said already, with a 970, DX11 seems to perform better or equally to DX12. I ran a few benchmarks and did not see DX12 perform better than DX11.

uzipukki

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
DX12 runs quite a bit better for me.
4FjjBlW.png

DX11

bNYS8lY.png

DX12
11% less CPU usage is striking.

Seems a few people on the Ubi forum are getting random hangs/crashes like me. I've tried everything imaginable and all I've discovered is it's something to do with the Ultra settings. Currently have a Support ticket with Ubisoft and giving them the info they require.
I was like, what gives, you're getting 73FPS and I had 81FPS with the same config, 8600K and a 1080Ti but then I realized you were running 3440x1440p while I had 2560x1440p.

Slackbladder

Nov 24, 2017
Kent
I was like, what gives, you're getting 73FPS and I had 81FPS with the same config, 8600K and a 1080Ti but then I realized you were running 3440x1440p while I had 2560x1440p.
Yep those extra 880 lines make all the difference! Once all the crashing is fixed I'll try it at 4k on my LG Oled TV. HDR is usually good on Ubisoft games. Probably need to tweak the settings to hit 60fps though.

Prophane33

Oct 25, 2017
尾張国
Ryzen 5 2400G (everything stock, but newest 9.3.2 drivers)
16gb DDR4 @ 3200mhz

1600X900 w/ 75% Scaling and graphics preset to LOW and V-Sync off.

DX11 = 5031 (56FPS)
DX12 = 5180 (58FPS)

I'm sure I have some room to bump up certain settings, but as is it's completely playable and 58~60 fps (with a couple lower dips) ain't nothing to sneeze at.

Last edited:

GReeeeN

Senior Analyst at GSD
Verified
Mar 6, 2018
Anyone else having issues with Nvidia control panel Vsync working on DX12?

Is there something up with exclusive fullscreen?, I have full screen optimisations turn off in the exe...

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Found this on Reddit...alot of ppl saying it fixes the crashing in DX12.

1: Find the location of your 'TheDivision2.exe" application

2: Right click it and Select properties

3: Click on the Tab labeled "Compatibility"

4: Check the box that says "Disable full screen optimizations"

5: Click on "Change high DPI settings"

6: Check the box that says "Override high DPI scaling behavior. Scaling performed by."

7: Select "Application" in the drop down box. Click ok

Then make sure next time you boot up Division that DX12 is on and that you restarted the game.

Hopefully this helps some of you with the constant crashes. The frame rate boost is so important with DX12 to enjoy it more.

[EDIT] - Make sure that your Steam overlay and your Ubisoft Overlay are turned off.

Will test it out soon

Thanks! Disabling full screen optimizations seems to have fixed those weird hitches/split second freezes for me.

Really hope a driver fixes these hitches. It's like 2-3 times a session, but it just hangs for a solid second or two. Other than that it runs incredible, but when it happens it just feels like shit

You encountered the same issue, maybe those tweaks will fix it for you, too.

Last edited:

GReeeeN

Senior Analyst at GSD
Verified
Mar 6, 2018
Anyone get the ds4 working properly with the game with input mapper/ de4 windows also running?

Seems like the game is always trying to switch to ps4 controlswith xbo mapped and makes the game unplayable.

Slochy

Oct 25, 2017
4790K/2080 Ti, DX12, 4K. Everything maxed except for Shadows (High) and Volumetric Fog (Medium), not a single crash in 15 hours yet.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Okay i think i found what was wrong with The Division 2 for me. It wasn't crashes, but really long periods of stuttering (30sec+). Apparently there's an issue with the Logitech G933, i had to kill the Surround Process and now everything is fine and i have twice the framerate i had.

What. The. Hell.

Tranqueris

Oct 26, 2017
The Division 2 seems committed to crashing every time I try to check the projects lady. Just tried the compatibility settings thing, gonna see if it works.

I've gone from hourly crashes to crashes every 10 minutes. I'm gonna have to ditch DX 12 now and see if that fixes it.

Last edited:

Absent Breeze

Oct 25, 2017
So been trying to fix this myself but been getting a bit frustrated. I have a 2070 and i5-6500 at 1080p. Figured the CPU might bottle neck but in benchmarks it's usage is only at like 70% (GPU at 60%) while in interiors or wild areas fps seems fine but while in the city the fps will drop to like 48 then settle around the low 50s. Even turning settings down does not seem to fix this issue either, and others with my setup don't seem to have this issue.
(Edit: looks similar to the vid below)

Last edited:

Fxp

Oct 27, 2017
The game runs surprisingly well on my old rig :)
i5-2500 CPU
Nvidia 970 GPU
8 GB RAM
Average fps is 53.

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
division 2 is keep resetting the settings, like I put it at 1440p fullscreen, dx12 restart -> windowed fullscreen and dx11 again.

DrBillRiverman

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
England
Can someone explain the sharpening filter to me. I've been fiddling with it but I can't get the game to look right. It's either way top soft of way to sharp.

Or am I just crazy?

BarnabyJones

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks! Disabling full screen optimizations seems to have fixed those weird hitches/split second freezes for me.

You encountered the same issue, maybe those tweaks will fix it for you, too.

Neither of these things did anything for me when yesterday. I have updated nvidia drivers, turned off rivatuner, the steps you listed here, etc. The game on DX12 simply doesn't work for the majority of users and I have yet to see Ubi or Massive comment about it publicly. I really don't want to use dx11 since the game runs considerably worse and doesn't look as good. Guess I'll wait for a patch or something.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
I played about 2 hours worth last night and I'm getting pretty identical performance from the beta, which is good.

GTX 1070
i7 4790k
16GB RAM
Samsung EVO 860 SSD
1440p Resolution

I have most of my settings on high with a few set to medium that don't matter much to me (shadows). I set the scaling to 85% just for a little added boost. Played both DX11 and DX12 and both seem to run pretty similar to me. I also disabled the Uplay overlay just in case that seems to be causing crashes like a lot of people suspect. Not one crash in the 2+ hours I played.

I'm getting a pretty solid 60FPS with dips into the 50s here and there. Nothing too bad at all. I'm pretty happy with it overall. I can probably smooth out those dips if I drop a few more settings down but I'm fine with it.

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
i7 8700 4.6ghz
16gb ddr4
rtx 2060
DX12

Everything max setting except fog, which is set to medium.

Resolution scale 85% (seriously, can anyone tell a difference between 100% and 85%?)
playing on a 4K TV

Runs locked 60 w/ vary rare 1fps dips.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks to whoever it was in here that suggested to drop the resolution scaling to 85%... It did help the performances a lot and the game doesn't look too bad because of it.

It does feel like the image might be a bit too sharp now but I think there's a sharpening slider in the options? I'll have to play around with that tonight.

The only "big" thing I have noticed following the scaling change was that the in game menus (inventory, progress, etc) are super aliased. Not a big deal but it's noticeable.

I'm still getting some hitches from time to time but they feel more like networking issues than actual video performances.

I did get 2 crashes to desktop so far but at least the checkpoints are generous. Speaking of which... Is there a way to skip the intro videos on bootup? I haven't really looked into it but the startup from launch to ingame takes forever.

Oh and why the fuck is the menu section for the UClub Challenges so fucking slow and sluggish... Do better web calls Ubi! Come on!

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Uhhh anyone else had a similar issue to this? Just loaded it up and after a few stutters the screen started looking like a Christmas tree (I was playing in HDR so the colours look a lot more muted in this screenshot):

LbjKZwD.jpg

Bucca

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have an idea of what a Ryzen 5 with a RX 580 and 8GB of ram can push out of this game? 1080p 60 possible with some tweaks I imagine?