• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tom_Cody

Oct 28, 2017

JfgOGRP.jpg

gVph7hC.jpg

20S1Aek.png

Videos at the links:

www.nrk.no

Her hopper Tom Cruise med motorsykkel fra Helsetkopen

Tom Cruise og hans filmcrew har ventet på perfekte forhold for å utføre det spektakulære motorsykkelstuntet fra fjellet i Stranda. Søndag klaffet alt.

www.vgtv.no

Her hopper Tom Cruise utfor stup i Norge - VGTV

VG fikk tilsendt denne videoen fra en leser som var på tur i fjellet da selveste Tom Cruise plutselig kom flyvende forbi.

Last edited:

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
Nice!

Girlfriend and I watched all the Mission Impossible movies last summer and really had fun. I actually liked 1+2 the best (2 was so bad it was good). Fallout was also really excellent.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Amazing! Can't believe the the last M:I film, the 7th entry, was the best one. Keep 'em coming. Some of the best action movies ever made.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
wait

day one they start with the most insane stunt ?

Shouldn't that be like the last day of filming? =P

hordak

Oct 31, 2017
Anaheim, CA
Cruise missile is 58 years old and is jumping off cliffs on a motorcycle. meanwhile i just ate a chunky soup for lunch

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The end of the last one was so bad that I don't know if I'll bother with this one.
I'm in for these publicity stunts, though.

Last edited:

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how much more insurance costs on the Mission Impossible movies compared to movies where the stars don't do their own stunts.

less

Oct 25, 2017
Whatever else he may be...gotta appreciate Cruise's dedication to doing stunts himself for that sense of realism.

cubistic

Oct 27, 2017
I hope there's an actual "impossible mission" in this movie. I thought Fallout was a good action movie, but it didn't have the planned-out set piece I come to expect from Mission Impossible. Everything was off-the-cuff and jury-rigged. I want my montage where Tom Cruise explains how impenetrable this bank or fortress is and how badass they'll have to be to break in.

NunezL

Jun 17, 2020
Can't wait for him to go to the Space Station!!! It's gonna be great for public perception of space exploration.
If it's not delayed it could happen next year. Fingers crossed.

Oct 25, 2017
wait

day one they start with the most insane stunt ?

Shouldn't that be like the last day of filming? =P
No because by the end of a film,
1. Everyone wants to be done with it
2. Time starts to get crunched
3. Budget starts to wrap up

Best to get big stuff done early(typically, not good if you injure Cruise right from the start though in MI's case) and then touch up later as needed.

John Harker

Knows things...
Oct 27, 2017
Santa Destroy
The hardest part with the MI franchise is keeping track of all the disposable side characters.

If Bond has "new Bond girl" every film, Ethan swipes left and right on a whole crew each time.

Era Uma Vez

Feb 5, 2020
MI6 was one of the best action movies of the last 20 years, lets see if they can top it.
I dont like Tom Cruise as a person, but that guy is fearless.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
The hardest part with the MI franchise is keeping track of all the disposable side characters.

If Bond has "new Bond girl" every film, Ethan swipes left and right on a whole crew each time.
Not even close. The last two movies had the exact same side cast minus Renner, who was supposed to be in fallout originally. Simon Pegg has been there since MI3. Ving has been in every movie.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
So what safety measures were there?

I mean, he was attached to that plane when it took off. He has wires when he jumped off the building.

But this?

DanCon

Oct 30, 2017
im guessing the are going to CGI something more interesting and logical than just a random ramp on the top of a mountain

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
There's gonna be two more mission Impossibles? Count me in.

Outside of 2 they've been consistently good. 2 was so bad it was insulting.

The end of the last one was so bad that I don't know if I'll bother with this one.
I'm in for these publicity stunts, though.
Whatchu talkin bout Willis?

John Harker

Knows things...
Oct 27, 2017
Santa Destroy
Not even close. The last two movies had the exact same side cast minus Renner, who was supposed to be in fallout originally. Simon Pegg has been there since MI3. Ving has been in every movie.

7 movies!

it's a lot to juggle.

they have to keep Tom Cruise at the center and yet walk this fine line of ensemble. It's tricky.

Oct 25, 2017

What Ving Rhames and Simon Pegg always return, they are the only side characters that matter
You know who needs to return

latest

Maggie Q

Last edited:

Navidson REC

Oct 31, 2017
I hope there's an actual "impossible mission" in this movie. I thought Fallout was a good action movie, but it didn't have the planned-out set piece I come to expect from Mission Impossible. Everything was off-the-cuff and jury-rigged. I want my montage where Tom Cruise explains how impenetrable this bank or fortress is and how badass they'll have to be to break in.
Yeah, that's like the one thing missing from that movie. The HALO jump was awesome but doesn't really count as what you're describing.

Still an incredible movie.

The Bookerman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sure he got balls, but jesus how do you explain in the plot that the guy has to jump off a single runway like that, skydive down? Can't wait to see what he got planned