• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
At the Keighleys?

Man I totally forgot this game was announced. I had a pretty good time with the first one so I'm hoping this one is great as well.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Take a look, folks' the gaming industry's first zombie game.

No, no, not a game about zombies.

A literal zombie game.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
After DL1 and DL2 incredible gameplay i don't think i'll get back to dead island slow gameplay.

Hopefully they added something new

LongDongJunon

Nov 13, 2017
This is the reason why that goat simulator trailer had me at first. I heard previously that this was being reintroduced

ciddative

Apr 5, 2018
This is the reason why that goat simulator trailer had me at first. I heard previously that this was being reintroduced

I was just gonna mention that! It was so good, they totally nailed it, I felt so clever for a nanosecond remembering the DI2 trailer and thinking this was a 2nd trailer! It was literally the Leonardo pointing meme

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
After being ragdolled between developers and kept alive for this long, the project almost deserves to be a out-of-nowhere hit. I really really hope it turns out good. Even if that means just being a solid B-tier "AA" game.

Dennie Dee

Oct 26, 2017
Bruges, Belgium

HellofaMouse

Oct 27, 2017
you know what? i think ive played enough zombie games to last me a lifetime. unless this ends up being something exceptional, im out.

Incubuster

Oct 30, 2017
I feel like the quality of the first game doesn't justify the length of development this game is having.

Oct 25, 2017
Since my original report on my YouTube channel, several new sources have since reached out to back the claims that the game is in a decent state of development. One source, who had played the game said that "it's probably my most anticipated game after playing it". Sources had also backed the report that Dead Island 2 takes place across several different locations including Hollywood and San Francisco.

huh. curious to see what this looks like, i had tons of fun with the first one.

The Gold Hawk

Jan 30, 2019
Yorkshire
God I really hope that the release date on whatever trailer is listed as TBA.

Dying Light 2 was kind of a bummer...maybe a more light hearted twist could be good.

speedomodel

Oct 27, 2017
I honestly can't wait for this and will probably buy it Day One. Cannot wait to see how this turns out after the development.

snipeywolf

Jun 15, 2022
United States
I have a lot of nostalgia for this game as it came out during the height of my zombie phase. Very excited, I hope the game play is a little more polished though. It was pretty clunky.

Azriell

Oct 27, 2017
I'm looking forward to this, assuming its 4p co-op. My group has had a lot of fun with Dead Island and Dying Light over the years.

Katbobo

May 3, 2022
Dying Light 2 was a bit lot of a letdown, so i'm hoping this scratches that itch. I exist in a strange limbo state where i'm simultaneously tired of zombies, but also very open to new zombie games.

Vintage

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
I'm open to a fun zombie game that doesn't take itself seriously. DL2 was just too far up it's own ass with the story and characters.

Coolluck

Oct 27, 2017
Dying Light 2 was a bit lot of a letdown, so i'm hoping this scratches that itch. I exist in a strange limbo state where i'm simultaneously tired of zombies, but also very open to new zombie games.

Might be the wrong spot but what was wrong with it? And what could Dead Island 2 do that would interest you?

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Had to check when the Dead Island 2 trailer was first revealed...

...E3 2014? Oh me oh my.

Katbobo

May 3, 2022
Might be the wrong spot but what was wrong with it? And what could Dead Island 2 do that would interest you?

IMO the pacing was atrocious. There was good Dying Light gameplay under it all, but it took SO long to progress and unlock new things that it made it hard to enjoy, and I burned out long before I hit the fun flow state I would hit in 1. Instead of feeling like I had a fun toolset from the start that the game then builds on in the skill tree, it felt like it took a bunch of basic ways to interact with the world and locked them behind hours upon hours of gameplay. I wanted a game that was just a follow up to 1, but instead it took 2 steps back for every 1 forward.

The other main issue is one that both Dying Light games have had, where the MC is the most boring character imaginable to make us inhabit. Even among characters in the game there's 10 other people i'd rather be seeing the perspective of and playing as. By comparison, Dead Island had quite a few issues, but at least it let us choose between some different and more diverse characters. I don't mind playing as generic video game protag if they at least have interesting writing behind it, but the MC and his place in the story were so dry and boring.

I don't need Dead Island 2 to do much different than the first, just don't murder the pacing so badly that I burn out before I even get the chance to have fun.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I'm all in. For as much as I love Dying Light, Dead Island has a slower, more deliberate pacing that I still love. I just finished a replay of Riptide a few months ago and had a blast.

Creepy Woody

Nov 11, 2017
Australia
I remember I had recently finished Dead Island and had started playing Riptide when they first announced this with that jogger trailer and was excited for it. I was 23. I'm now 31.

tarman76

Oct 27, 2017
I have no expectations other than I love me a zombie game. I have an open mind. Thrill me.