• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JediMPG

Avenger
Jan 6, 2019
God! To be a fly on the wall of that meeting. Shu walking in and just realizing they made a big mistake and he just walks out like he did GoW2018

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017
boy I sure am looking forward to that star wars game
www.resetera.com

The leaked script for the David Cage Star Wars game suggests a powerful and compelling new take on the SW franchise Parody

Kotaku have managed to acquire a leaked copy of part of the script for the rumoured new Star Wars game that David Cage/Quantum Dream are working on. I gotta say, i've had my misgivings in the past about some of the writing of David Cage's games (Farenheit zombie sex scene anyone?) but just going...

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
That Android brothel scene with gay Android fighting in underwear and High heels is still in the game...

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
Knowing QD, this would have been gloriously, hilariously offensive, and I'm bummed Sony didn't give them the necessary rope to hang themselves.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
Could have been a compelling character if dealt with a ton of nuance and care.

... which you wouldn't get with QD

pls edit to have the text "David Cage" in this

9792-m.webp

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
I mean I think having a sex worker android could be interesting with the themes of Detroid Become Human. I doubt they would have made a mindless bimbo or something.

Edit: Apparently QD are not too good at nuanced characters according to earlier posts

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Whore Android is such an off-putting descriptor that it almost works as a shitty death metal band name.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
I mean I think having a sex worker android could be interesting with the themes of Detroid Become Human. I doubt they would have made a mindless bimbo or something.

Edit: Apparently QD are not too good at nuanced characters according to earlier posts
Surely QD would handle it with tact.

(saw your edit! Haha)

This developer does nothing for me personally so to hear they have a Star Wars game is honestly disappointing.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
For some reason, I'm reminded that David Cage has stated something to the effect of only wanting straight people to play his games.

Dr. Ludwig

Oct 31, 2017
To quote Woolie:

"I can't even imagine the shit that was said behind closed doors during development of Detroit"

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, sounds like Cage. Cage is a motherfucking genius though! Such nuance, subtlety and depth in videogame writing!

Feel bad for the genuine talents at Quantic Dream aboard a ship being driven by the fucking gross leadership.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Good lord. That type of character/related issues could work in other media, but in David Cages hands? No.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
I mean, I kind of have a hard time believing this is true. Not so much the character part, but that Sony cut ties just because of that. I'm guessing the reason was much deeper than one character design. I'm sure Sony probably knew trouble was brewing in some way. It's funny to think that they saw this one thing and just nope'd out, though lol

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
Topic of sex workers and androids is not uncommon in sci-fi and could be quite interesting if dealt with properly. Now, QD being the studio to do so - kind of doubt.

Deleted member 17184

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ah, yes. Makes sense.
I mean, I kind of have a hard time believing this is true. Not so much the character part, but that Sony cut ties just because of that. I'm guessing the reason was much deeper than one character design. I'm sure Sony probably knew trouble was brewing in some way. It's funny to think that they saw this one thing and just nope'd out, though lol
When you look at David Cage's writing, I'm sure Sony was desperate to finish the contract ASAP.

Oct 27, 2017

It's an execution problem, not a concept problem. If it gave pause to Sony, it's because it wasn't a good portrayal, I guarantee it.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Knowing them and what they already have in some of their games, this probably would have pushed the limits of the M rating.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, would it have been like the sex worker Androids already in the game? They weren't bad.