• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
He's a known leaker between the BF community

Most of the maps will support only 64 players like the originals, but some will increase the player count to 128.

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
On one hand, cool. On another hand, seems like they are competing with their own new game?

Snake__

Jan 8, 2020
I'm hoping the Battlefield 2042 maps are good enough that I wouldn't want anything to do with this

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
This is cool but it's less interesting than what people were speculating.

Also they're totally going to do 128 player Metro

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This sounds like fan wish fulfillment. Balancing this sounds like it'll be an extreme design challenge, if true.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I thought DICE LA was getting rebranded made more independent under Vince Zampella.

DarrenM

Oct 28, 2017
If these remastered maps are in addition to new maps for 2042, then that sounds really good.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
This sounds cool but a weird inclusion as a unique mode. Why couldn't the maps just be in the normal rotation. Unless it is just a playlist with these maps, but standalone mode would be weird wording if its just a playlist.

whistleklik

Oct 27, 2017
Kentucky
I'm more interested in this than 2042 modes if it turns out true. 128 players is going to be a shit fiesta for sure. Maybe they will get in some BC2 maps.

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
So... This is going to just make the size of this game balloon to be absolutely massive?

You've got these additional maps. You've got these weapons, vehicles, and gadgets, textures from previous games?

It's a hell of an idea, but I can imagine that this is going to rival Call of Duty in terms of drive space requirements if true.

Systolique

Oct 26, 2017
Operation Metro in my veins please, I'll just play this map in hardcore mode 24/7 just like 10 years ago

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
So... This is going to just make the size of this game balloon to be absolutely massive?

You've got these additional maps. You've got these weapons, vehicles, and gadgets, textures from previous games?

It's a hell of an idea, but I can imagine that this is going to rival Call of Duty in terms of drive space requirements if true.

Yeah, that's the point. Monopolizing drive space so it becomes inconvenient to play other games where you're not buying EA's MTX.

Se_7_eN

Oct 25, 2017
This can't be real, those maps weren't made for 128 players.... They would be a total mess.

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
Sounds weird and strangely conflicting with the base game. Not for me, to be honest.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
I will be happy to be proven wrong, but it seems too good to be true and this guy BS'd his way through the BF2042 reveal.

He actually proposed that they may have delayed the trailer because a Chinese rocket was falling back to earth and there was a rocket launch depicted in the game. Lmao

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
If this helps segregate Metro / Locker players into their own putrid player pool then I'm all for it.

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

This is a good point and another one that makes me think this is fake. I hope at least it's a standalone F2P thing, at least, so it can be removed if the install gets too big.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
As a franchise fan, this sounds fun in theory but also like a bizarre way to divide the community and take the focus away from the new content.

SirDante

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 20, 2020
Oh great Dice, you had to think of yet another way to split the player base. For once I thought the game would be streamlined enough to not have so many modes that splits up the player base.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
I'm hoping the Battlefield 2042 maps are good enough that I wouldn't want anything to do with this
Good for what, is the thing. Rush maps haven't been good since BF3. And it's pretty hard to get CQ and Rush right on the same map so maybe it's better to borrow from the past.

If they're going to bring back Meatro and Meat Locker they need to add something to prevent every match from either being a pointless stalemate or a complete rout.

Praxis

Sausage Tycoon
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Give me:

Strike at Karkand
Sharqi Peninsula
Mashtuur City
Kubra Dam
Gulf of Oman
Dragon Valley