• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
We already know this about Dragon Age 4.

It was targeted to be released after April 2022 before COVID, with COVID it's going to slip to 2023.

JFO 2 and NFS targeting 2022 were already known, NFS was supposed to be released last year.

There's nothing new to be fair.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
That seems soon for Need for Speed if they had to pause development, and they only came back to the series in 2019.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
did people expect DA to hit 2022? Surely not with them having to reboot it basically.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
I'll...hope Jedi 2 makes significant strides. A lot I didn't like about it but it has potential. Kinda shocked it would come out this year. The news on BF? Not so shocking. Felt like balls in the beta. Bummer about Dragon Age but I'd rather they take the time to get it right.

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
Waiting for Mass Effect 4 like

xTtzr3X.jpg

Niklel

Prophet of Regret
Aug 10, 2020
I hope they improve… pretty much everything in the Jedi Fallen Order sequel. I enjoyed the game, but since it had many similarities with FromSoftware's games, I couldn't stop feeling like I'm playing some bootleg (qualitywise) Sekiro. Combat and level design really weren't as good.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Weird he said that about Dragon Age. I expect it in 2024 and have never seen anyone expecting this year lol.

Honestly I hope they take as long as needed to make it great. They need this game to be a huge success!

Enthus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Has there ever been any whispers of a Dragon Age "legendary edition"? I'm about to wrap up Mass Effect LE and I want to play Origins again, but I wouldn't mind waiting for an update if that's planned

disparate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Has there ever been any whispers of a Dragon Age "legendary edition"? I'm about to wrap up Mass Effect LE and I want to play Origins again, but I wouldn't mind waiting for an update if that's planned
That would likely never happen AFAIK, porting DAO and DA2 to next gen would be a hilarious undertaking.

Exposure

Oct 25, 2017
...was there anybody still saying it was going come out in 2022? Like I recall Grubb saying it was targeting 2023 in mid 2021.

JT60564

Oct 19, 2020

Nothing as far as we know. DAO is badly in need of a remaster, and I wouldn't be surprised if we eventually get one since MELE appeared to be a success.

JT60564

Oct 19, 2020
Did DA4 even have an expected release date anywhere?

Not really but

www.google.com

EA says Dragon Age 4 ‘probably coming after March 2022’ | VGC

Return of BioWare’s fantasy RPG series still several years away…

"You should assume that Dragon Age—it's out there, we've talked about it publicly that it's in the works—it probably comes after fiscal 22," EA CFO Blake Jorgensen said of the BioWare title during the publisher's second quarter earnings call on Tuesday.

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
I love Dragon Age and have been very impatiently waiting for them to follow up the damn cliffhanger from 8 years ago. But this isn't a surprise. It should not be a surprise to anyone. They haven't even shown a real trailer yet, just a vague CGI teaser. There's been zero talk of a release day and we know there was some shaky development issues as key staff left.

What I expect to happen is later in the year we get the proper first reveal with a 2023 date. Which I hope they are able to make but may even slip to 2024. This game has only properly been in development for over two years now. Video games take a lot longer to make now than they did 13 years ago and people still get weird expectations.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Screw you EA

I hope that NFS actually has the time needed for development but that's wishful thinking. It better not come in out in Sep/Oct needing another 6 months of dev time just because EA wanted to hit that quarter

ekim

Oct 26, 2017
I'm probably alone here but please cut the dark souls formula from FO2. The story, combat system, movement gameplay were fantastic but the bonfire/respawning enemies really were a chore for me. Eventually I switched to the story mode difficulty because of this. I'm a Jedi - I want my Jedi Power Fantasy. 😅

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Still surprised Jedi 2 is coming out only 3 years or so after the first. Probably a fairly iterative sequel since most AAA games take 4-5 years these days.

Mad_Rhetoric

Banned
May 7, 2019
Jeez wtf are they doing still propping up the husk of Need for Speed? Just put that poor IP out of its misery. Or at least give MS the rights to make Most Wanted 2005 and Carbon back compat on Series X.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
After not seeing anything on Dragon Age last year, I had no expectations that the game would release this year.

Zep

Banned
Jul 12, 2021
Glad to hear that about 2042. Next time maybe they'll reevaluate before pushing garbage like that game out the door.

LuigiMario

Oct 28, 2017
I had no idea Need for Speed shifted back to Criterion, cautiously optimistic for this one then! Been

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
We would have seen something in-engine if DA4 had any chance this year.

My hope is that by opening up to permanent remote work, BioWare can get back on their feet.