• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Sources have suggested that Skate 4, or simply skate. will be revealed next month.

It's understood that the game has been undergoing extensive playtesting these past few months with the title being much further along in development than people may have thought.

Leaked footage of the game that hit the internet in April of this year showed a very early look at where the game was at in its development cycle, or so we thought. Although the community assumed the footage was from around the same time it was leaked, it's since been suggested from several sources that have played the game that the leaked footage was likely months old when it leaked.

It's unclear what exactly EA will show off with skate. next month, but it's believed that the game will finally show off in-game footage. It's been suggested that skate content creators and journalists will have the opportunity to play and get hands-on with the game to give their impressions.

tryhardguides.com

EA is set to reveal Skate 4 in July - Try Hard Guides

Our sources have suggested that Skate 4 will be officially revealed by EA in July 2022!

Deleted member 110527

Mar 11, 2022
i've been playing so much OlliOlli World recently, my body is ready

Gold!e

Jun 7, 2018
Britain
Dope, excited to see what this looks like. Feels like only yesterday the first Skate was my most anticipated PS3 game.

Hope this sells 10 million copies so they think about reviving SSX again.

Tiny Hawk

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Was hoping for a reveal today since it's Go Skate Day, but hey, news about a reveal coming is good too. Looking forward to seeing what they've been cooking up, the rumors make it sound really dope and that pre-alpha footage flowed really nicely too.

adam3s

Mar 17, 2021
I noticed Skate 3 got some bundle DLC on Xbox the other day, so they clearly have an eye on the franchise.

Zoso

Oct 27, 2017
Very excited to see what they've been working on. Skate 1-3 are some of my absolute favorites. But perhaps I should set my expectations lower.

FlashFlooder

Oct 30, 2017
I am super hyped for this, hopefully they did not screw up the formula or try to shoehorn an open word game in there.

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't this franchise get a revival as a meme due to pewdiepoe playing it years ago showing how clunky it used to be? Is this really anticipated by people?

Ajax125

Nov 15, 2017
Good timing especially with Activision botching up THPS 3&4 remakes.

Now lets just hope it's not rushed.....

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
I haven't spent a huge amount of time with the series... But hasn't it always been open world?

Kind of, yes, but it is set in areas/zones that doesn't feel like part of a cohesive environment, if that makes sense?

As for this news, talk about good timing, as I added it to my most anticipated games in this thread the other day!

Is Skate 4 likely to come out this year, I wonder … 💭

ShaggyLobo

Jan 25, 2021
If this is good I'm buyin' it day 1. Extremely my shit. Perfect game to play while listening to podcasts.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
This is gonna be a killer showing, needed this so bad

Najaf

Oct 26, 2017
Houston, TX
Skate on PC with mods/workshop support is everything I want. I hope they offer up deep park tools. 3 had decent tools, but was pretty limited in what you could create. Good mod support on PC will give this game legs. I also fear this may be the last skate we get, so give the fans the tools to keep content coming.

Dull Request

alt account
Banned
Jun 6, 2022
It's going to be really difficult for EA to mess this up for me (not a challenge). If they nail the physics/gameplay, then they can make a map with literally just some benches and a handrail and I'll be happy.

The idea of a large map with more detail is very exciting. One of the rare games that bigger is nearly always better as you'll usually find just random spots in little corners of the map you can session for hours.

If they wanna load it with cosmetic MTX then whatever, I think it's likely they'll do this anyway as they probably see this game as a risk that they need to cover their costs on.

Capt Sensib1e

Banned
Jun 4, 2022
Skate 4 is our only hope of salvation against the negative trinity of despair, alienation and blurred realities.