• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ket

Jul 27, 2018
God of War Ragnarok is around 40 hours in length, Insider Gaming has learned. It's understood that the entire experience is around 40 hours, with 20 hours needed to complete the game's main story.

Sources have said that around 3 and a half hours of the 20 hours played will be cinematic scenes, with the remaining 16 and a half hours for gameplay.

The other 20 hours of game time is to complete all of the additional side quests, with around 19 hours dedicated to gameplay and an additional 1 hour of cinematics.

Of course, these numbers are just estimates and will vary wildly depending on your playstyle.

insider-gaming.com

God of War Ragnarok is 40 Hours in Length - Insider Gaming

God of War Ragnarok's completion will be around 40 hours, sources claim. Around 4.5 hours will be of cinematics.

similar to gow4

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Perfect

With side content this should balloon up as well, GOW had tons of it

Zeal543

Next Level Seer
May 15, 2020
Sounds like a lot of story to pack into 20 hours if they're concluding the Norse arc

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
20 hours is basically the limit for games like this for me. Might check it out someday if this is true.

Katbobo

May 3, 2022
Big fan of this. I am all for having a snappy and moderate length main plot, and then having plenty of side content to do if you still want more game.

It kills me in games like AC: Valhalla or lots of JRPGs where they decide the route to go is making you go through a 60 hour main plot with (usually) horrid pacing.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
How long to Beat has God of War 2018 at 20.5 hours for the main story so pretty much the same.

Curious though since they said that the game is huge in scope, so maybe simply more varied environments or the sidecontent is more expansive.

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019
Ragnarok seem to have bigger story scope than 2018, will be interesting to see how they will pace that.

But I guess ragnarok will come really fast in the game.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Yeah, that's a fair number. Similar to 2018, right? I might be able to finish it fully within the week I'm taking off the day it releases then. Given my playstyle though, it'll probably take me 50 hours.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
That sounds good. 2018 started to run out of interesting gameplay ideas/encounter design near the end so hopefully this one is better paced now that they have a base to build on.

May 10, 2018
Sounds good. Enemy variety was the main issue of the last game and they seemed to have addressed that. Now I'm just hoping for some good optional boss variety too.

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017
Guess im not buying since SSM didn't have the confidence to make a complete game

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Sweet, a video game I can finish and then feel good about then doing the platinum stuff.

I just hope I don't have to backtrack from and back to catch those damn ravens again.

Sep 13, 2022
I wish there was no "side content" and it instead was content saved for the end of the campaign. I have no desire to go back and do mid campaign side quests once the campaign is done.

Epilogue content I enjoy more

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
I expected it to be a bit bigger considering the scope it's aiming but since I prefer shorter games regardless I'm hyped

Oct 25, 2017
On the one hand, too short for what might be the last GOW game in a long while. On the other hand, SMS knows how to pace a game, so if this is how long they want it to be, then so be it.

The-JUV

Oct 25, 2017
20-25 hrs is the perfect length for this type of game. for those concerned that the length for the main quest is similar to GoW 2018, I'd not be worried as GoW 2018 even though it was well paced overall, did have some issues with constant interruptions on your path to the top of the mountain that increased length.

I doubt we see that type of stuff taking place this game and it's going to be a lot of constant action with purpose but well paced. Nov 09 can't come soon enough!

Horns

Dec 7, 2018
About what I expected it to be. I tend to take my time so expect it will be 25-30 hours for me to complete.

Jeffram

Oct 29, 2017
Thank the gods. I was dreading the rumoured 40 hour campaign. I just don't have that kinda time these days.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Works for me

kratos-god-of-war.gif

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Excellent. Sounds like with side content it should approach 35-40 hours for 100% completion.