• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

doops.

Jun 3, 2020

Sounds similar to the Initiation/Inauguration Station demos for Saints Row 3 and 4. Would be a great thing to tide everyone over until release!

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Oh yeah I remember this happening with 3. (I think it was even beneficial cause otherwise you didn't get to customize your character at the very start iirc)
Gonna check this out.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sweet. Nothing feels more Keighl-E3 to me than "and here's something you can download RIGHT NOW."

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
Awww, dayum! When's the last time a game had a character creator demo come out, ten years ago?

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
If the customization is really as in-depth as the press are hinting at, this could be kinda fun.

A bit surprised it's coming out so long before release, though - I would have thought 3 weeks or a month, not 2.5 months.

Oh yeah I remember this happening with 3. (I think it was even beneficial cause otherwise you didn't get to customize your character at the very start iirc)
Gonna check this out.

They had you wearing Gat-costumes for a while, yeah - it even was using a voice synthesizer, but even then it was a bit lame for anyone with a female character.

KiDdYoNe

Oct 25, 2017
inb4 wait this is just character creation?
It's pretty cool tho if you're into customization

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Interesting. The character creator didn't look too much different than the one in SR3/4 to me. If they're confident enough to put a demo out for it though than maybe it will be a big improvement.

The Gold Hawk

Jan 30, 2019
Yorkshire
Hell yeah. Time to spend two months perfecting the same two characters I always make "Business Casual Hipster Woman" and "Agent 47 But He's From Late 1800's London"

Magoo

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Come a long way since the reveal thread with all the knee jerk reactions that it wouldn't have customisation.

Last edited:

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting. The character creator didn't look too much different than the one in SR3/4 to me. If they're confident enough to put a demo out for it though than maybe it will be a big improvement.
Well, they did the same for 3 and 4, seems like a staple for them. Doesnt indicate its gonna be better than those character creation, although having pass so many years since 4, i suppose it will be better (or so i hope). Even then, you could do some impressive things in 3 and 4 because of how cartoony it was, some good stuff for lookalokes and tv cartoon characters.

Fendajaz

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Very much looking forward to this game. Can't want to create some batshit characters

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to it, I remember the SR 4 one they did