• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cali32

Oct 11, 2020
PS Vita 2.0 that can natively play PS4 games and stream/remote play PS5 games.

Cali32

Oct 11, 2020
PS3 mini addon that can be plugged in the USB-C of the PS5 and allows you to play both digital and physical PS3 games.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
I'll just post my guesses from the PS OT:

1. Streaming box/stick to go along with the expansion of PS5 hardware into the cloud

2. A new handheld. Could be for streaming only or have the ability to natively play games

3. PS5 hardware going into Afeela vehicles, which Sony may sell to other vehicle manufacturers so PS5's will be in multiple other vehicle brands

knack2bae

Banned
Oct 23, 2021
Introducing the all new PlayStation Plus Portable handheld gaming system!

Play* all** of your favorite PlayStation titles anywhere, even while on the go.

Launching in early 2024, the PSPP starts at just $549 USD / 599€.

*games playable via cloud streaming only, persistent internet connection and PlayStation Plus Premium subscription required
**some PlayStation games are currently not playable via cloud streaming, availability will vary

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
A Remote Play device that streams PS4 and PS5 games and runs those PS1/2/PSP classics natively would be interesting.

Building a handheld capable of playing PS4 games natively should be a piece of cake at this point. I'd love to see Sony go balls-to-the-wall and build one capable of also playing PS5 games locally though 😁

aloner

Jun 30, 2021
Australia
I mean I could see a Steam Deck product (that coincides with the launch of PlayStations PC Launcher) under the inZone brand like the headphones/monitors and not PlayStation + PS Plus Streaming or something like that - noting that he does say Sony and not PlayStation and previously leaked the inZone stuff

Last edited:

RetroFart

Jul 23, 2022
Damn it, now I want this thing that we'll never get.
Same, too bad the PS3 is a zombie :(

Vita 2 with the ability to play digital PS4 library would be amazing also…..natively not streaming - would personally rather have that than the ability to stream PS5 games, even though the trend would be that route

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
I'll just post my guesses from the PS OT:

1. Streaming box/stick to go along with the expansion of PS5 hardware into the cloud

That's a good guess, given that Cloud gaming is going to expand dramatically over the coming decade Sony will want to push that. No console required, just a stick, controller(s) and a subscription and a user will be good to go.

It'll be interesting to see what it turns out to be, but Sony has magpie tendencies sometimes when it comes to stuff that aren't the main console, so having something be released and commit support to it is another.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I would imagine that Microsoft and Nintendo are both also working on new/unreported hardware. Would be weird if not!

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PSTV 2.0

There's a reason Sony hasn't released an official Apple TV Remote Play app (though there is the third party MirrorPlay which is great)

LV-0504

Oct 6, 2022
I just rediscovered my PSP Go in a box I put away an over decade ago and I can't get over how slick it is.

Can we have another one of those please??

PSTV 2.0

There's a reason Sony hasn't released an official Apple TV Remote Play app (though there is the third party MirrorPlay which is great)
I found that in the box too!

Boclfon479

Oct 25, 2017
Before they do a PS5 pro, they need to drop support from PS4/PS4pro so people can see what the PS5 can ACTUALLY have for a ceiling to push past. Currently most games are held back by needing to support last gen.