• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017

Three sources have confirmed that Ubisoft is working on a new third-person shooter dubbed 'Pathfinder', which could be a codename for the project.

Images and videos of the game, that have been provided with the request of anonymity show a similar graphical design to the soon-to-be shutdown Hyper Scape developed by Ubisoft Montreal. The game, however, does appear to be a little more cartoony in nature.

Pathfinder appears to be a slightly different take on a Battle Royale, where a team of four players will drop into the map and find their path towards the center to fight the main AI boss. Players need to navigate their way through two walls (an outer wall and an inner wall) that have a series of gates around them that can be breachable. The catch? Different gates are breachable or locked every single game, making each game different in terms of the path you need to navigate.

In order to get to the middle of the map, players will need to fight AI enemies to level up and get stronger, with AI getting noticeably more difficult the further toward the middle of the map you get. Presumably, the game will be PvPvE, as you'll be dropping into the map with other players, so the AI will not be your only threat.

https://exputer.com/news/games/ubisoft-pathfinder-game/

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
what's that battle royale they tried a few years ago?

I find "new IP" quite funny since from that image, it looks the same. could've told me it's a new mode for that.

just underlines that the whole "new IP!!!" thing is a joke across the board most of the time.

Sonix

Prophet of Regret
Aug 3, 2020
what's that battle royale they tried a few years ago?

I find "new IP" quite funny since from that image, it looks the same. could've told me it's a new mode for that.

just underlines that the whole "new IP!!!" thing is a joke across the board most of the time.
Its literally in the OP:

show a similar graphical design to the soon-to-be shutdown Hyper Scape developed by Ubisoft Montreal.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
a similar graphical design to the soon-to-be shutdown Hyper Scape developed by Ubisoft Montreal. The game, however, does appear to be a little more cartoony in nature.
looking like hyperscape is gonna do it no favors

BradC00

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Knew hyper scape was screwed from the rip. Gamers are over all that vertical high skill gap shit.

Oct 27, 2017
Reading the concept it sounds cool, but I'm not sure what makes this a BR game at all. Seems to be a normal team based multiplayer title

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Don't you dare soil the name Pathfinder Ubisoft. It's the name of my favorite Apex legend and my favorite TTRPG.

Akronis

Prophet of Regret - Lizard Daddy
Oct 25, 2017
Ubisoft is incapable of making interesting games for me anymore, it's honestly sad.

Everything is multiplayer focused "flavor of the week" crap shoveled out or 10000 hour long open world slogs that involve checking off tons of shit on a map.

Can't wait to see how they fuck up Splinter Cell.

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017
Pathfinder appears to be a slightly different take on a Battle Royale,

johnny-english-agent.gif

Christ, when was the last time Ubi made an interesting game

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Could be interesting. Sounds like a more unique concept than HyperScape at least.

Atom

Jul 25, 2021
I...I feel like maybe they took the wrong lessons from their prior endeavors?

How the fuck do you go from Valiant Hearts and Child of Light to this in like a decade?

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
I'm so over hero multiplayer shooters with bright colored stylized graphics it's not even good as a joke.

Fadewise

Nov 5, 2017
How does that name even pass trademark muster? There are already MULTIPLE games released based on the Pathfinder P&P RPG. I guess maybe it's just the codename....but still

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Its called Pathfinder cuz they dont know where the fuck theyre going with anything recently.

RisingStar

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
With that, Ubisoft continues to be irrelevant in my mind. It's one thing to have and support a few live service games, and another to have all your teams chasing after the golden goose. Their management has truly lost sight of what made them break out of their reputation of being the shovelware publisher with a few gems in AAA.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
I'm all for more BR games and interesting takes on the genre, but there's a 0% chance that Ubisoft would be the one to bring something fresh to the table.

Slackerchan

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
So, this is what the Hyper Scape developers moved onto like 90 days after that launched? Fortnite and Warzone pretty much own the market at this point and PUBG's basically living off their earlier users, right? It's gotta be the least penetrable genre at this point.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
The funny part is they had a great pvpve/BR mode with Survival in The Division but the devs want nothing to do with it for some reason.

Patryn

Oct 25, 2017
Um... do they realize that there are already Pathfinder games and that name is likely trademarked all to hell and back?