• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017

Tom Holland and Robert Downey Jr. have been pictured hanging out together following the news that Spider-Man will be leaving the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Holland, who hasn't addressed the studio debacle directly, posted a series of joyous photos on Instagram alongside his on-screen mentor. The two stars appear to be celebrating the completion of a nature hike, as they are captured posing with triumphant stances in front of a scenic backdrop.

Immediately after publishing the post, the comments section became flooded with emotionally driven responses, including one from fellow MCU star Mark Ruffalo who let the emojis do the talking, as he simply reacted with three sad-looking pleading faces.

Considering that Tom unfollowed Sony on Instagram, it looks like we know where his true loyalty lies.

Also, call me optimistic, but it could be a sign that this whole Sony/Disney mess could be resolved.

Alice

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
MCU-Canon Spidey Animated Series on Disney+ voiced by the movie cast.

Bam.

teacup

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Considering that Tom unfollowed Sony on Instagram, it looks like we know where his true loyalty lies.

Also, call me optimistic, but it could be a sign that this whole Sony/Disney mess could be resolved.

There's a couple of reports online that a deal is going to be announced this weekend that they've come to an agreement on it all. Not sure how true it is though.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
You can't make non-MCU Spider-Man movies if you've been kidnapped by Robert Downey Jr. and hidden in a cave!

Layell

One Winged Slayer
Apr 16, 2018
Tom has said he loved watching the original Avengers, and honestly I believe him. No doubt he's for the MCU.

OP
OP
Richiek

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
FYI, this is the banner hanging at D23. Just saying.

CAAwWws.jpg

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
I though Tom would back Sony since he is also playing Drake whenever that Uncharted movie gets off the ground.

I say it would be resolved sooner rather than later. Both sides tried using social media to weaken the other sides position but it looks like a draw. It's all for show.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
told y'all this was a fabrication by disney and sony to drum up even more hype for spidey 3 and venom 2

i am very smart

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
Two former colleagues/friends hang out and post about it on Instagram

The internet: BUT WHAT DOES IT MEAN

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
Either that one, or What-If?!. It would be a matching loophole if Sony and Disney don't stop butting their heads.
so whats the deal with this? could disney produce a live action show and just release it on d+, or does it need to be animated?
animated spider-man special by pixar, starring tom holland. or performance captured "movie" ala tintin. problem, well its not solved but it would be a workraround.

maruchan

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
That banner would've been printed and shipped to the convention hall before all of this blew up. Not a sign of anything having changed.
Sunday night Disney unveils it's marvel land plans. Spider man is the main hero for Disneyland. No surprise that Tom Holland is part of the ride, just like Chris prat is part of the guardians of the galaxy ride.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
Tom "I can't stop spoiling movies guys! XD" Holland can't be so naive as to think that he can just drop something like this now and not expect it to go off like a bomb.

Does that mean a deal's gone through? Unfortunately no. However it at the very least is him leaning pretty definitively on his association with the Disney MCU, which can be taken as quite the charged statement against his Sony contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.