• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
Tom "I can't stop spoiling movies guys! XD" Holland can't be so naive as to think that he can just drop something like this now and not expect it to go off like a bomb.

Does that mean a deal's gone through? Unfortunately no. However it at the very least is him leaning pretty definitively on his association with the Disney MCU, which can be taken as quite the charged statement against his Sony contract.
Yeah, Tom knows what he was doing and is doing the subtle social media show of support for Marvel, including unfollowing Sony.

It doesn't mean anything in terms of the deal, but Tom is saying he doesn't want to leave.

Alice

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
so whats the deal with this? could disney produce a live action show and just release it on d+, or does it need to be animated?
animated spider-man special by pixar, starring tom holland. or performance captured "movie" ala tintin. problem, well its not solved but it would be a workraround.

They only have the rights for animated series for Spidey. Animated films and live action films are Sony.

Nov 1, 2017
😭

ECd2qGdUwAAwWhA.jpg

@BossLogic

Apr 11, 2018
Sweden
The rumour is that the deal is done. Tons of reports floating around, I believe that a deal is done no matter what rumours, reports etc are saying.

I feel like we'll know by Sunday.

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
Citations needed on "rumor"
And "tons of reports."

Again, I am not doubting they will reach a deal. It is beneficial to both parties to do so. But there is a difference between "I think they will do it" and "There are dozens of bullshit clickbait sites and channels saying it is done."

Once a reputable source chimes in, then I will start to believe.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Official Staff Communication
There are other threads to discuss the possibilities of a MCU/Sony deal. We don't need 30 pages of speculation based on an Instagram post.

Status
Not open for further replies.