• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017

We are already getting hints at more MS games on Switch but now even more hints.

Last edited:

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I guess this lines up with the Halo on Switch rumors. Color me curious on what Microsoft will bring to the Switch going forward.

Lightjolly

Oct 30, 2019
Ori and the WIll of the Wisp should eventually hit switch seeing how the first one did? Maybe in a year or two

Chem

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 1, 2020
I guess people were right, Sony and MS don't need that Live Gold or PSN Plus money no more.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
RQPWp9b.png

PetrCobra

Oct 27, 2017
This is really confusing. Who is Tom Phillips? A Microsoft guy? Why is he talking about Horizon then? Is there perhaps a source article that explains the details?

DukeBlueBall

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
Just make a Xbox handheld already!

8 core mobile Zen cores at 1.8ghz
6 RDNA2+ WGP at 1.0 ghz, 1.5 teraflops, 32 rops
32mb Esram for BC
12GB LPDDR4x on 192 bit bus, 102.3GB/s (3GB OS)
1TB UFS 3.0 2.9GB/s
1080screen.
5nm
$399

That should let you perfect Xb1s BC + decent ports of Lockhart games.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
I totally see Halo: CEA coming over, but Rare Replay would need significant changes (a huge chunk of that game uses the 360 emulator on XB1) to be on Switch. Not sure what folk are expecting when they ask for that to be ported.

Deleted member 5334

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just make a Xbox handheld already!

8 core mobile Zen cores at 1.8ghz
6 RDNA2+ WGP at 1.0 ghz, 1.5 teraflops, 32 rops
32mb Esram for BC
12GB LPDDR4x on 192 bit bus, 102.3GB/s (3GB OS)
1TB UFS 3.0 2.9GB/s
1080screen.
5nm
$399

That should let you perfect Xb1s BC + decent ports of Lockhart games.

I mean, there's... problem with this for various reasons, but the biggest reason why Microsoft has likely been eyeing working with Nintendo for a bit and it comes down to one notable market Microsoft always struggled with: Japan. So that just doesn't seem like a path they are interested pursuing, since I can't see that working out in that market.

Lua

Aug 9, 2018
Did you ever notice Nintendo has given absolutely nothing to MS at all?

Not even a single .jpg
Because it doesn't make sense for them. Microsoft approached them, as a third party developer, and asked if they could put certain titles on switch. Nintendo said yes. That's the end of it, idk why people feel like nintendo should give something back or anything, it's not how it works.

NippleViking

May 2, 2018
I mean, there's... problem with this for various reasons, but the biggest reason why Microsoft has likely been eyeing working with Nintendo for a bit and it comes down to one notable market Microsoft always struggled with: Japan. So that just doesn't seem like a path they are interested pursuing, since I can't see that working out in that market.
Yeah, this. MS should just focus on the single platform/ecosystem. Also if Sony couldn't topple Nintendo in the handheld market, what hope would MS have? There's enough competition in that handheld space with mobiles and switch as is

SchuckyDucky

Avenger
Nov 5, 2017
This is really confusing. Who is Tom Phillips? A Microsoft guy? Why is he talking about Horizon then? Is there perhaps a source article that explains the details?
He is a writer for Eurogamer. Has been know to get insider information. Sometimes it's accurate, but he has had a few misses, like Pokémon Stars.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
The game is already relevant amongst anyone that wants to create their own stuff. But it will obviously have more creations if it's on two platforms instead of one. PC isn't what would make the game relevant.

Creation games like Dreams need PC for preservation, because no one's gonna spend a ton of time if Sony's gonna pull a Driveclub on those servers in 2 years.

I expect XCloud on Switch

I hope Switch 2020 has WiFi 6, so this works as well as it can.

Oct 25, 2017
They have Microsoft access to the Nintendo platform. That's a big deal.

With some of the absolute garbage on the eshop, probably wasn't very hard to get access.

People keep saying "partnership". There is no partnership there.

MS is giving games to Nintendo. Thats it. Nintendo will gladly take them but they will never give anything to MS.

DukeBlueBall

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA

The biggest problem with a Xbox handheld in the past has always been content. If it has BC with Xb1, that's already better content situation than any past handhelds outside of a few Nintendo's handhelds. With play anywhere + gamepass, I feel like there is great value for gamers involved in Xbox ecosystem to pick up the device.

The portable experience is the one piece missing from the Xbox eco-system. Xcloud streaming on phones isn't a polished / comparable experience.

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
good bring down the walled garden that consoles used to represent and put an end to the console war

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I'm excited for any of these prospects. Hopefully it all means big things are brewing.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
Guys like King Zell and Zippo have been saying that Halo's coming to Switch for awhile, so yeah.