Tom Waits is 69 today.

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
I've been waiting for years for him to go back on tour so I can see him live at least once in my life but he apparently just stopped and decided to focus on studio works and cinema. Less stressful, I guess.

Oct 30, 2017
I can't stand his voice. It's so fake and fabricated. Liked him in Ballad of Buster Scruggs though.
I have kind a love/hate thing with his voice. Some times it works and others it doesn't. Blood Money was one of those albums where it felt he was really hamming it up and I just couldn't get into the album (Good man is hard to find is still cool song). But many times his voice work well with the lyrical content.

and end of the day, I am big Marc Ribbot fan and usually he comes with Tom, so I take 'em both.

Oct 27, 2017
I have kind a love/hate thing with his voice. Some times it works and others it doesn't. Blood Money was one of those albums where it felt he was really hamming it up and I just couldn't get into the album (Good man is hard to find is still cool song). But many times his voice work well with the lyrical content.

and end of the day, I am big Marc Ribbot fan and usually he comes with Tom, so I take 'em both.
His voice is awesome in Bone Machine though.

Oct 27, 2017

Hey man, you are fucking awesome. Most people don't know him. He's my guitar hero.

Oct 27, 2017
I adore Tom Waits. An absolutely fantastic artist. I'll also happily echo the love for Marc Ribot from a few posts up. Such a weird and wonderful guitar player.