• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

bjork

Oct 27, 2017
Happy birthday to the man himself. Hope he's a secret release in Smash

Oct 27, 2017
legend

one of the most under-appreciated GREATS in our time.
most people aren't going to see his genius until he's gone, and that's sad.

Last edited:

Aeferis

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
I've been waiting for years for him to go back on tour so I can see him live at least once in my life but he apparently just stopped and decided to focus on studio works and cinema. Less stressful, I guess.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
I can't stand his voice. It's so fake and fabricated. Liked him in Ballad of Buster Scruggs though.

Excuse me

Oct 30, 2017
I can't stand his voice. It's so fake and fabricated. Liked him in Ballad of Buster Scruggs though.
I have kind a love/hate thing with his voice. Some times it works and others it doesn't. Blood Money was one of those albums where it felt he was really hamming it up and I just couldn't get into the album (Good man is hard to find is still cool song). But many times his voice work well with the lyrical content.

and end of the day, I am big Marc Ribbot fan and usually he comes with Tom, so I take 'em both.

Fudgepuppy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have kind a love/hate thing with his voice. Some times it works and others it doesn't. Blood Money was one of those albums where it felt he was really hamming it up and I just couldn't get into the album (Good man is hard to find is still cool song). But many times his voice work well with the lyrical content.

and end of the day, I am big Marc Ribbot fan and usually he comes with Tom, so I take 'em both.

His voice is awesome in Bone Machine though.

ArtVandelay

User requested permanent ban
Banned
May 29, 2018
I've been on a Tom Waits binge again these past few days. Frank's Wild Years is such an underappreciated album.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017

Hey man, you are fucking awesome. Most people don't know him. He's my guitar hero.

ArtVandelay

Banned
May 29, 2018
Yeah, love the album and his voice isn't bad but sometimes it just feels fake. Like he is really trying to imitate some of the blues greats and it kinda backfires. But overaal, I enjoy Tom and his growling.

His entire persona is fake to a certain degree.

ninnanuam

Nov 24, 2017
I used to find him really ehhhh.
Then I listened to Glitter and Doom. I really fucking love that live album.

Oct 25, 2017
Devil Halton's Trap
Props to a great musician. I'd love to see him live before he's gone, but he's focused on himself these past decades for good reason. Now I need to finish listening through my Waits backlog.

Also, his acting role in Buster Scruggs impressed me.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Oh, isn't that nice :)

In the unlikely event Tom Waits is reading this: Have a cookie, dude. You deserve it.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
The piano has been drinkin', not meeeeeeee:

Need a new album soon, Tom (waits for no man!)
I was a big fan of Bad As Me.

SturokBGD

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ontario
Is "nice" a new meme or something? I don't get it.

qIc5hAE.png

^ nice.

HyGogg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
One of the greatest singer-songwriters of all time. Kills me I've never gotten to see him live.

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
I adore Tom Waits. An absolutely fantastic artist. I'll also happily echo the love for Marc Ribot from a few posts up. Such a weird and wonderful guitar player.

ArtVandelay

Banned
May 29, 2018
Ah, right. 69 nice is a meme without a punchline. Waits doesn't deserve this.

PreeminentDB

Oct 25, 2017
Happy Birthday Tom Waits! This thread has an alarming lack of music

Here's Christmas Card From a Hooker in Minneapolis

Here's That Feel a duet with Keith Richards