• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheLoCoRaven

Banned
Dec 4, 2017
Why does no one mention the fact that MS went from a 2 console launch plan to 1 console? I bet the launch plans weren't as simple as "we'll just do the more powerful one". I bet to meet a certain price point the Scarlet will be something between the original 2 consoles, which could be a big reason why its no where near final.

Falcon511

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I would like to hear some better clarification about the tweets that were sent out. It sounds interesting to say the least. I love a competitive MS. The early 360 days were amazing.

No42.05W70.2

Banned
Jun 14, 2018
If no devs have dev kits, the surprise is gonna be that there are no games. Or you have a more powerful console that's more expensive and comes out after the competition.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Does devkit not being finalized really that big deal if the final devkit end up more powerful than the target spec dev has been working with?

Dev who hasn't managed to lock 60fps will suddenly getting power boost that make it easier to achieve their target.

I think it's only a problem if it's like ps3 where dev are working on more powerful spec and had to downgrade their game when final devkit is out, for example metal gear solid 4 where there's noticable difference between reveal trailer and final release.

XboxCowdry

alt account
Banned
Sep 1, 2019
If no devs have dev kits, the surprise is gonna be that there are no games. Or you have a more powerful console that's more expensive and comes out after the competition.

I don't seem to remember SONY giving PS2 developers kits over a year before launch and many developers were taken aback by the spec of the system and how it handled the GFX. Microsoft has already given a date of Holiday 2020 and even hinted at how 22nd of November is a BIG day for Xbox.

So that would point to the system coming out in November 2020. So I don't see any delay in Hardware coming at all

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
No one is right or wrong till they both announce their console but unfortunately Tom got even most basic things wrong like he suggested name of Scarlett gpu is aructus when in fact we know aructus is not for Scarlett based on komachi and few others. So it's ok to ask him what his source is so we are all more clear :)

Well, now that tomwarren has thrown down the gauntlet, I trust you'll provide a source for this or put up an apology here?

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Well, now that tomwarren has thrown down the gauntlet, I trust you'll provide a source for this or put up an apology here?
Why would I apologize for stating facts ? I already sent him the tweet that he did with that mistake as this thread got closed : again Arcturus has nothing to do with Scarlett. It's Vega based and not navi based .

You mean this track record?

then he doubles down on it under that tweet :
g9EKVoh_d.jpg

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If the rumors are true, well at least a lot of them are already, PS will have the stronger hardware but it's gonna be so small that it doesn't matter. New gen is finally here, get your gifs ready ladies and gents

EekumBokum

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (3 days): Trolling, console wars
People actually care about what Jez says? Lol

Tom Warren is a professional fanboy based on this thread

Wulfer

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I think what's more funny is there are people on this board who think MS is the weaker console of the two and they haven't announced specs. So, who's more foolish the one who believes unannounced specs or the ones who wait for a true reveal?

Oct 26, 2017
We are not even in 2020 and console warring posts are hot here.

Some of y'all need to sign-off from ERA, take a deep breath, go outside and come back here.

Litterally only few devs have the dev kits, and i suspect only big publishers (Ubisoft, EA, Activition) have signed agreement with both MS and Sony to prepare for next-gen launch, we are one year away from the launch and a couple of months from the official reveal, you all need to chill and don't get pissed/mad when there's "next-gen" talk here.

Go play some games and wait for the official reveal for both consoles.

So this could mean PS5 games are ahead compared to the xbox scarlett games? I'm talking about third party games.

Games will play and look nearly the same, maybe PS5 will have a slightly advantage or Scarlett, but in the end they are going to be pretty much the same hardware with slightly differences, even with all the magic sauce and Harry Potter wand they still have to put boxes in the market at an affordable price and they can't lose too much.

I suspect some neat headlines next year: "Assassin's Creed Kingdoms runs at 4K/60fps on PS5 and Scarlett, but the PS5 version loads 2 seconds faster than the Scarlett!"

Fuel for console wars.

Last edited:

Richter1887

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder why Jez is even reading this thread when he was mad at era for calling him out on supporting a homophobic YouTuber:
www.resetera.com

Windows Central Journo Telling People to Follow Homophobic Toxic Gamer

I'm really surprised to see Jez Corden telling people to follow Dealer Gaming. For those of you who are unaware, Dealer has been one of the most toxic gamers in the community. He literally did a video calling Playstation users F@gs and talking about their mothers. Why in the hell would a well...

Anyway, we will figure out the truth soon. I can't imagine MS not telling people about the specs if they don't give them a dev kit. It would be a huge mistake to not tell them anything as that would mean a lot of developers won't know how to plan for the games on time. The whole quote about them suprising Sony seems like a load of nonesense.

Oct 26, 2017
I can't imagine MS not telling people about the specs if they don't give them a dev kit. It would be a huge mistake to not tell them anything as that would mean a lot of developers won't know how to plan for the games on time. The whole quote about them suprising Sony seems like a load of nonesense.

Do you seriously think the likes of EA, Ubisoft, Activision don't have dev kits?
All the big publishers are already set and they have an idea of the targeted specs, middle sized publishers and indies will have to wait, but the big guys are aware, the ones making Assassin's Creed, the next Call of Duty and FIFA know about the specs.

Even if both Sony and MS change the specs 5 months from now, devs are not going to re-made the game, it's still PC-like hardware at the end of the day, nothing complex or nothing "weird" to work on if they add more RAM or more GPU clock speed.

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
the specs arent going to be different enough to really matter. It'll come down to services and games. Regardless of which one ends up being "stronger"

Richter1887

Oct 27, 2017
Do you seriously think the likes of EA, Ubisoft, Activision don't have dev kits?
All the big publishers are already set and they have an idea of the targeted specs, middle sized publishers and indies will have to wait, but the big guys are aware, the ones making Assassin's Creed, the next Call of Duty and FIFA know about the specs.
Did I say that? Reread my post again cause I never said that it was the truth. I was going by what is being said in the past two threads.

I believe Zhuge.

Deleted member 2625

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i don't give a shit about any of this but i'm annoyed i know who this is

insane russian who caused some forum drama by claiming that MS had hidden an entire other chipset on the underside of a PCB or some shit, which MS would "unlock" at some point and DESTROY SONY

had dudes x-raying chips and everything. it was madness.

Wulfer

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Didn't Greenberg say they weren't worried about sony two weeks ago?

If they're not worried, why the secrecy??? 🤔
Because their trying to do things right this time. Sony, is probably not happy because MS isn't playing from the same play book this time. (Revealing their specs). Sony may have to show first and they may not like that!

GreenEarth

alt account
Banned
Oct 24, 2019
Why would I apologize for stating facts ? I already sent him the tweet that he did with that mistake as this thread got closed : again Arcturus has nothing to do with Scarlett. It's Vega based and not navi based .

then he doubles down on it under that tweet :
g9EKVoh_d.jpg
14 tflops and secret sauce lmao. Yeah, this Tom Warren guy has been drinking some kool-aid.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Because their trying to do things right this time. Sony, is probably not happy because MS isn't playing from the same play book this time. (Revealing their specs). Sony may have to show first this time and they may not like that!
Man U do realize last gen ps4 revealed their specs first in feb 2013 while MS revealed theirs in may 2013 ?So MS is exactly playing like last time around . Even last gen they were behind schedule with their dev kits compared to ps4.