• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 4552

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lol at 2019.

Sony are conceptualising PS6 as we speak if they haven't already done it (they have) it's still not coming out in 2022.

Since the launch of PS4 they have been conceptualising, thinking about the PS5, technology roadmaps, market trends etc. What impact the Pro had, how make a tangible next gen machine.

2019 was a window, as was 2018 or 2020 at some stage.

What if PS4 died on its arse after year 3 let's say. You'd be playing a PS5 right now, just a very different one from what we will get.

But had Sony ever seriously committed to 2019, I don't personally think so, not full not likely, simply because of the tech roadmaps and favourable market conditions, but ultimately we don't know.
Maybe someday we will.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Damn jason straight up killing team
#wellitwas2019atsomepointsoiconsideritawin
i was in that team

BitsandBytes

Dec 16, 2017
Damn jason straight up killing team
#wellitwas2019atsomepointsoiconsideritawin
i was in that team

The real truth/fact is:

tumblr_lu5ikpUKQ81qbsprj.gif

Deleted member 4552

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd it helps there's also a contingency plan on someone's PC in Sony marked PS5_2021_in_case of_major_fuck_up.pdf

#Team2021

Deleted member 52407

Banned
Jan 23, 2019
Yes, exactly. The first Reiner and co news since E3 was never about the devkits. It was always about the final target specs provided by both companies. It's just recently that Klee divulged that even the current devkits performance was pretty much confirming the target specs given earlier this year.

At this point the only thing MS can do is overclock their GPU like in 2013. Will it be enough ? We'll see.

Why does MSFT need to respond to a slightly faster console? Yeah, responding would have made sense when the power deficit was 50% but it isn't this time around.

Ya'll getting the console warring started early

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
...?

I'l quote myself from yesterday:

Not everyone is pathetic enough to have some sort of agenda, sometimes information is just information.
Let him say what he wants man. Hope he doesn't get under your skin. Truth can be hard to handle for some people. That's just the fact of life in many instances not just gaming :)

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
yes, keep spreading that doom and gloom
Maybe you missed who posted that, or possibly you were unable to take a simple post at face value, but this looks like a really poorly judged post from someone who's seemingly been doing well to post more positively/neutrally in recent times. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
...?

Not everyone is pathetic enough to have some sort of agenda, sometimes information is just information.
Let him say what he wants man. Hope he doesn't get under your skin. Truth can be hard to handle for some people. That's just the fact of life in many instances not just gaming :)
Maybe you missed who posted that, or possibly you were unable to take a simple post at face value, but this looks like a really poorly judged post from someone who's seemingly been doing well to post more positively/neutrally in recent times. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Sarcasm guys, holy fuck

everybody is so on edge in here lmfao

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
Lol at 2019.

Sony are conceptualising PS6 as we speak if they haven't already done it (they have) it's still not coming out in 2022.

Since the launch of PS4 they have been conceptualising, thinking about the PS5, technology roadmaps, market trends etc. What impact the Pro had, how make a tangible next gen machine.

2019 was a window, as was 2018 or 2020 at some stage.

What if PS4 died on its arse after year 3 let's say. You'd be playing a PS5 right now, just a very different one from what we will get.

But had Sony ever seriously committed to 2019, I don't personally think so, not full not likely, simply because of the tech roadmaps and favourable market conditions, but ultimately we don't know.
Maybe someday we will.

Yep .
It seem some people have a hard time understanding that .
It's the same way for a many products and normal for any industry .

Dec 4, 2017
Brazil
And about the Ps4 success, do you know that Sony had a console before called Ps3 right? Many people were happy with their consoles and wanted to continue playing sony games, that is one of the reasons why Ps4 was so successful, goodwill based on good games.

Feb 10, 2018
The first post was about how it'd be console wars, but people argue about that wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing, funny? Definitely, because the difference would be pretty much nothing but it being a focus is a good thing.
I'm holding out hope that at least one of them has something to minimize how much we have to wait for installs/downloads to be done, just so it becomes a big talking point, they got out of hand awhile ago and I doubt they are getting smaller next gen. Stream now, download later seems like a good option, but it would be limited to those with good Internet or no data cap, so no ideal for many.

Downloads will always be dependent on your dowload speed, MS have already have software which try and predicts which parts to install first, both will continue to do this kind of thing with section of a game that people want to install.
Pointing out things and suggesting how things can be improved is great, hopefully it will be like this and not turn in an almost "smear campaign" which can happen.
I remember at the start of this gen any report of negatively for the Xbox One, a lot of the times resulted in a pile on further trying to smear the brand. It was pretty discusting to watch.

Derktron

Banned
Jun 6, 2019
See that's why people who are trolls should keep their damn mouth shut. Because as many people claim if the devkit was out I'm sure we'd be hearing about the systems specs.

Derktron

Banned
Jun 6, 2019
Just like what happened to Nintendo with the Wii U. Then what happened, the Switch is one of best selling system for Nintendo at the moment.

MajesticSoup

Banned
Feb 22, 2019
People assuming if MS is hiding something it would be related to cpu/gpu.
It could be a feature they dont want Sony knowing about..

Kinect 2
Full windows support
Wii U style streaming
Cloud power

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
...?

Yeah, I'm not worried at all. And worst case scenario they do move the release to early 2021(which I don't believe will happen at all) it's not the end of the world at all. The X will do me fine!

Hell, I waited a full year to get a Xbox One because Microsoft hadn't released it on day one here. A mistake I'm sure they won't make again. Personally I hope both will end up being nearly identical because it will (should) finally shut folks up.

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
Bruh, Jason has been reporting since 2018 about 2020, he knew, what part of that you didn't understood?

I was simply replying to Jason's question of where that 2019 thing came from. And yes Klee has posts on here saying that they were considering 2019 at one point and made the decision in 2017 to change course, and I believe mods on here have said things along those lines at one point or another too. I have no clue what is the real story, and it seems clear that even those who hear things don't likely have the full story on things such as the 2019 thing.

Oct 31, 2017
😂 @ people that thought Sony was really going to launch PS5 in 2019. At the rate PS4 is selling that was never going to happen.

Last edited:

Deleted member 61469

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 17, 2019
Yeah, I'm not worried at all. And worst case scenario they do move the release to early 2021(which I don't believe will happen at all) it's not the end of the world at all. The X will do me fine!

Hell, I waited a full year to get a Xbox One because Microsoft hadn't released it on day one here. A mistake I'm sure they won't make again. Personally I hope both will end up being nearly identical because it will (should) finally shut folks up.

Personally, I don't think they can afford to give Sony even two months of a headstart. They will get buried again if that happens.

Edit: I'll definitely get a Scarlett but if Sony launches 1-2 months earlier, I'll probably have to get both lol

Deleted member 20297

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
😂 @ people that thought Sony was really going to launch PS5 in 2019. At the rate PS4 is selling that was never going to happen.
I think that Klee, a guy that is keeping the next gen thread up and running with this Infos, Said that this was a plan once. What to believe, what to believe....
It doesn't matter anyway in the end so there is hardly a point discussing it.