• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 28, 2017
🎣
It's a nothing tweet but a lot need to say their fill on why they won't surprise Sony. Yikes!
🛰🏕🎣
I was just coming back to tell posters not to dogpile you, as I dislike the practice in general, but you seem to revel in the attention, negative or otherwise.

The discussion has moved well past surprising the competition. I don't know why you're so stuck on the same subject.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
User Banned (2 Days): Platform Warring and Hostility Over Multiple Posts; History of Similar Behavior
I was just coming back to tell posters not to dogpile you, as I dislike the practice in general, but you seem to revel in the attention, negative or otherwise.

The discussion has moved well past surprising the competition. I don't know why you're so stuck on the same subject.
How nice and thoughtful of you on being a person of different perspectives. The tweet pulled fanboy shit and all it did for me, As I quoted you, Was show me the insecurities that people have when they love a box. I point out the behavior and match it with similar taste. Probably add to it because it's a never ending thing and I'd like to mirror those behaviors back at people so they see how they contribute. Never fails with that type of ilk.
The biggest surprise is that this has so many pages. Source commented on it, other mods Commented, yet the Mary go round continues...
Well I guess not really, lot of gamers take their commitment to a company very seriously and any sign of a invisible aware being grabbed from them is heresy.

I wasn't going to quote you but I saw your conversations with other people and it added to the nonsense that you really dug yourself into defendinf with absolutely fact on the most logical perspective. Had to throw in some bullshit and stir it up. Brought out other pups too.
Gnight booboo

Dreazy

Oct 25, 2018
The flames of war have tinged this thread, is this a omen of what awaits us in 2020? Godspeed everyone lmao

Abominuz

Oct 29, 2017
Netherlands
So much drama for one tweet. News at 11 a devkit is not final. And microsoft wants to suprise Sony, guess what its probably the other way around the same thing. The tweet only says to me that MS does not want to make the mistakes as the beginning of this gen. Will probably be the same specs or bit higher cpu clock speed or 1.5 flop more.

Oct 29, 2017
"Newer" (please quote me accurately. It's a real pet peeve of mine) and yes. The Switch.

I disagree. Not with being commercially successful, but with not wanting to be the winner. You don't get into this industry just to tread water or be adequate. The benefits of being market leader vastly outweigh being second or third place.
Sorry "newer" but isn't the switch going to compete with scarlett and PS5 . Seems unfair to compare it too the Xbox one imo

thuway

Oct 27, 2017
I find this thread funny because the fact of the matter is every single insider only has information that has been told to them by a certain source that only has information at a certain period of time. Most on this forum clearly don't understand how fast info and decisions change (literally from one meeting to the next) and so you have all these discussions on out of date information. Devkits aren't ever "final"... They are updated throughout the lifetime of a console generation.

So you find info from one source that could be true or false, and the same for others. No one person has all the info unless you are within the company. Some people have more accurate info than others depending on the source and WHEN they get info.

But the fanboying and clear console warring in the thread (just underhanded to not receive warns or bans) is amusing.
Devkits come with documentation that highlight target specs and showcase the upgrades over previous Gens with reccomendations for best case practices. This is where I believe numbers are coming from.
So much drama for one tweet. News at 11 a devkit is not final. And microsoft wants to suprise Sony, guess what its probably the other way around the same thing. The tweet only says to me that MS does not want to make the mistakes as the beginning of this gen. Will probably be the same specs or bit higher cpu clock speed or 1.5 flop more.
Nope

GreatFenris

Banned
Apr 6, 2019
People in here calling a known 2 decade long journalist and insider a fanboy? Embarrassing what plastic box console wars do lol
Eh, while I don't want to touch this console war discussion your assessment of what Warrens time spent in the business would mean is sort of pointless. In Sweden we had a famous videogame journalist who basically helped build the gaming media into a thing form scratch...And he was an unrepentant Nintendo fanboy foremost, and console fanboy second. A lot of gaming journos began their career for one biased source or the other.

SIdenote: And reading up on other posts related to Warren...Umm...Well I wouldn't trust him to be unbiased, let's just put it like that. Which is sad, because the "Console War" bollocks should have been buried with Sega and Nintendo's asinine feud of the 90's. Buy the console you want, enjoy the games you want and unless a company does something egregiously bad then just ignore the brand.

HBK

Oct 30, 2017
I'd be surprised if by now the (processing) specs aren't final or near final.

What could still be up in the air is stuff like form factor, cooling solutions, etc.

Nov 11, 2017
Eh, while I don't want to touch this console war discussion your assessment of what Warrens time spent in the business would mean is sort of pointless. In Sweden we had a famous videogame journalist who basically helped build the gaming media into a thing form scratch...And he was an unrepentant Nintendo fanboy foremost, and console fanboy second. A lot of gaming journos began their career for one biased source or the other.

SIdenote: And reading up on other posts related to Warren...Umm...Well I wouldn't trust him to be unbiased, let's just put it like that. Which is sad, because the "Console War" bollocks should have been buried with Sega and Nintendo's asinine feud of the 90's. Buy the console you want, enjoy the games you want and unless a company does something egregiously bad then just ignore the brand.
I don't quite know what to say to this post but smh

zedox

Oct 28, 2017
*shrugs* THank you for your lovely and informative post, was "Lol" too classy for you?
If you are trying to get an opinion of Tom here... You aren't getting an unbiased view... Instead of people who have been following him for years and have a better viewpoint of how he reports on Microsoft (or technology in general). But whatever floats your boat.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"HD twins" will still apply.

Though whatever small differences the boxes have will be played up a million times by the diehards.

yeah, im expecting any differences this time around to be even smaller than the differences between the ps4 and xbox one, but im getting flashbacks to the 900p vs 1080p wars of 2013-15. And the "parity gate" that AC: Unity created. With any luck one system wont be so underpowered compared to the other so we can be spared the drama

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
yeah, im expecting any differences this time around to be even smaller than the differences between the ps4 and xbox one, but im getting flashbacks to the 900p vs 1080p wars of 2013-15. And the "parity gate" that AC: Unity created. With any luck one system wont be so underpowered compared to the other so we can be spared the drama
That parity thing was amazing. Then we got the game and it performed bad on both consoles.
It all began last gen abit already tho. With grass gate with GTA5.

degauss

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
User Banned (2 days): Drive-by, recent warning for the same
This guy has more Microsoft shit in his twitter feed than a Microsoft employee.

z0m3le

Oct 25, 2017
Microsoft keeping exact details from Sony is a good idea, considering Sony's game plan is usually to attack their competitor on anything they can. We just saw the example with VR last week, but Sega's price point, XB1's DRM, even 8GB GDDR5, are all things Microsoft could avoid by not nailing down things like Xbox uses PCIE gen 5 for it's SSD, like Sony's SSD Reram tech.

Deleted member 55421

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 29, 2019
Im ok with this. Id rather they keep Sony guessing even though we all know theyll probably end up being very similar ultimately.

Push power and ill be happy.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Everything points to these two systems being really close but the console war rages on.

Bunkles

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I was wondering why this thread was 19 fucking pages. WTF is wrong with some of you? Holy shit.

deadmonkeyuk

Oct 27, 2017
Highlands, Scotland
Is it me or he passionately dislikes Xbox now?Wasn't he a hardcore Xbox fan ?lol Maybe I m mistaken

Yeah, I went down the rabbit hole of The Crapgamer lately. He was a massive xbox fanboy but recently moved to talking up the Playstation. He seems to be fed up with the lack of Xbox exclusives and MS releasing poor quality exclusives compared to the Playstation. Also he seems to have a big dislike for Phil Spencer.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, I went down the rabbit hole of The Crapgamer lately. He was a massive xbox fanboy but recently moved to talking up the Playstation. He seems to be fed up with the lack of Xbox exclusives and MS releasing poor quality exclusives compared to the Playstation. Also he seems to have a big dislike for Phil Spencer.
Oh ok got it. I m sure he ll be losing a lot of subs from his fan base because of that.

Kyry

Oct 27, 2017
That's his job , console wars is embarrassing lol. That's like calling Paul thurrott a fanboy cause he covers ms for a living

I mean, I would absolutely call Thurrott a source biased toward Microsoft. Not because he covers Microsoft for a living, but because of how he covers Microsoft.

His coverage of Windows Phone and disparaging of its then competitors was clearly biased. I don't feel he ever tried to hide it tho.

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, I would absolutely call Thurrott a source biased toward Microsoft. Not because he covers Microsoft for a living, but because of how he covers Microsoft.

His coverage of Windows Phone and disparaging of its then competitors was clearly biased. I don't feel he ever tried to hide it tho.

I've listened to Paul for years now, and whilst he doesn't hide his love of Microsoft...he is absolutely critical of them when required.

Kyry

Oct 27, 2017
Thurrott shits on MS consistently, lol.

I've listened to Paul for years now, and whilst he doesn't hide his love of Microsoft...he is absolutely critical of them when required.

I don't think its as black and white a situation as that. I'm not saying that he has never been critical of Microsoft. I'm saying that he has an initial bias toward many MS products, the fact that they do something worthy of criticizing later (Xbox exclusives, Edge, Bing, Windows Phone, ect) doesn't mean the product didn't start above ground level.

That initial bias never seems to extend to the non MS product, even when its a defacto standard like google search or chrome.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
How nice and thoughtful of you on being a person of different perspectives. The tweet pulled fanboy shit and all it did for me, As I quoted you, Was show me the insecurities that people have when they love a box. I point out the behavior and match it with similar taste. Probably add to it because it's a never ending thing and I'd like to mirror those behaviors back at people so they see how they contribute. Never fails with that type of ilk.
The biggest surprise is that this has so many pages. Source commented on it, other mods Commented, yet the Mary go round continues...
Well I guess not really, lot of gamers take their commitment to a company very seriously and any sign of a invisible aware being grabbed from them is heresy.

I wasn't going to quote you but I saw your conversations with other people and it added to the nonsense that you really dug yourself into defendinf with absolutely fact on the most logical perspective. Had to throw in some bullshit and stir it up. Brought out other pups too.
Gnight booboo
lmao

someone threadmark this shit

GreatFenris

Banned
Apr 6, 2019
User Banned (3 days): Trolling, system wars
If you are trying to get an opinion of Tom here... You aren't getting an unbiased view... Instead of people who have been following him for years and have a better viewpoint of how he reports on Microsoft (or technology in general). But whatever floats your boat.
Yeah, seeing a lot of "He's not a fanboy. It's his job to be biased."
Uh, okay. We call that being a fanboy. And a fanboy who amongst other things claims MS is gonna "Surprise Sony" or that the dev kit has "Secret Sauce" or "If you don't care about exclusives(like most people don't) buy an Xbox" Like, he's your version of our Tobias Bjarneby, except our version at least had the decency to move on.