• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Wonder if this is their only new 25th anniversary project or if they have other stuff.

OldBritBloke

Oct 28, 2017
Saw the Scion, got excited, and then disliked everything else that I saw. I think I'll stick to Tomb Raider Anniversary on my Vita for mobile TR.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'd be excited if this was connected to Lara Croft Go but seems to be a different dev

Croash

Oct 27, 2017
I would be interested in anything similar to Lara Craft GO (one of my favorite mobile games of all time), but this teaser doesn't show anything except for the cartoony art style. :/

Jan 4, 2018
tenor.gif

Disappointed it's a mobile game.

Cjdamon042

Oct 28, 2017
Edinburgh
I didn't have this on my list of things to wish for/expect for the 25th anniversary next year...

Will hope for the best. It's nice to see classic Lara represented either way.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder why they seem so adverse to using reboot-Lara's design, though old-Lara has a more colorful design i gues

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
I wonder why they seem so adverse to using reboot-Lara's design

The reboot trilogy was divisive, and perhaps finished for good and then they will keep the timeline from the old TR games now
Sucks cause the reboot design is better, but people complained about it, so its not really surprising[

Why y'all are acting as the Franchise is dead because of this, mobile games are common lol.

because the franchise was kinda dead for a while and this is the new announcement coming

imagine if EA announced mass effect mobile instead of the remastered trilogy after a long silence following andromeda

obviously this doesnt stop them from announcing another game too (like diablo did after immortals) but shrug

Oct 27, 2017
+Twin Pistols
+Braids
+Mythic and animal enemies

-Mobile game

Could be good but I hope they do a console game reboot that adds the plus I listed.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder why they seem so adverse to using reboot-Lara's design, though old-Lara has a more colorful design i gues

I'd say that OG Lara is simply iconic while the reboot design never quite found its groove. For a mobile game that likely targets casual gamers it makes all the more sense to go with the instantly recognizable version.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
because the franchise was kinda dead for a while and this is the new announcement coming

imagine if EA announced mass effect mobile instead of the remastered trilogy after a long silence following andromeda

obviously this doesnt stop them from announcing another game too (like diablo did after immortals) but shrug
It makes sense but ME was announced with concept arts and nothing more, they used the remasters as opportunity to do it, the New TR(if real) is probably too early in dev to bother in taking about it

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
They make hero collector (aka gacha) games and mobile MMOs.

Neither of which seem to fit Tomb Raider.

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
They had the original Tomb Raider on mobile and I am thinking this is a remaster of the original TR game. Don't automatically assume that it is just a runner or a GO game.

I mean with games like Genshin Impact and The Pathless on mobile, why do people always assume the worst? There's been plenty of good mobile games. Believe it or not, there are very few runners being released these days on mobile.

Last edited:

score01

Oct 27, 2017
They got their work cut out in order to top Lara Croft Go.

What type of a game is this? She looked a bit chibi in the trailer.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They had the original Tomb Raider on mobile and I am thinking this is a remaster if the original TR game. Don't automatically assume that it is just a runner or a GO game.

I mean with games like Genshin Impact and The Pathless on mobile, why do people always assume the worst? There's been plenty of good mobile games. Believe it or not, there are very few runners being released these days on mobile.

A GO game would be better than anything you've mentioned here, though.

Oct 26, 2017
Appalachia
They had the original Tomb Raider on mobile and I am thinking this is a remaster if the original TR game. Don't automatically assume that it is just a runner or a GO game.
Yeah from what they showed in the trailer + the title this kinda screams some kind of remake or reimagining. At the very least it's trying hard to get the attention of TR1 fans. I want to see what the actual game/gameplay looks like. Art style is aight.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, ill just keep playing tomb raider legend and anniversary, and underworld as well as the reboot trilogy. All 6 games are good in their own way.

Niosai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
As underwhelming as the announcement is, this gives way less credence to the rumor that SE was selling off its Western IP.

Igor

Oct 31, 2017
If I saw the logo and didn't know the platform I would be pretty excited.

Dat artstyle tho

Deleted member 64666

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 20, 2020
I wish they would have invested a bit more in Lara's or the TR's franchise 25th anniversary. Wonder if that's the only thing they have in store?

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
I actually think that art looks really cool. But I'm not a fan of mobile games. If it's decent and they do a console port I might check it out.