• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Saikyo

Oct 25, 2017
What are we gonna do?

Bring back Angelina Jolie and continue the old series

NoTimeToDie

Aug 1, 2020
Loved the first one. That's unfortunate. The wife even enjoyed it in theaters with me. Hoping we get an update next year. Damn you COVID!!!!

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
I was wondering what became of this film since they announced it such a while ago. The first one was one of my least favorite video game film adaptations, though — enjoyed it much less than the Jolie films even.

dgamemaster

Jun 29, 2020
I smell a soft cancellation...

Ah well, it's no major loss for me. Tomb Raider movie wasn't that good.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
This was going to be directed by Ben Wheatley of all people, wasn't it?

Edit: Yep, I didn't dream that.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
First one was rubbish. No loss really.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
The first one was an aggressively mediocre modern adventure flick but also the best attempt at a game adaptation yet

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
The movie industry has practically changed over night and I bet execs are thinking twice dumping millions into big production pictures

Mett

Oct 29, 2017
I liked the first one, wouldn't mind seeing more as they had set it up to continue. But with COVID its kinda hard to get anything going these days and for good reason.

Apr 27, 2020
Surprised Vikander hasn't done a big blockbuster franchise yet outside of this first film if even though I wouldn't call it "blockbuster"

She's one of the most underrated actresses around.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lots of this kind of production are going to disappear now, I think.

Either full blockbusters if the studio wants to gamble for a theatrical release, and quickly VOD, or Netflix-like budgeted movies that could attract subs to a streaming service.

A new Tomb Raider film based on the second videogame series reboot would do poorly on both fronts. Not enough brand to become a worldwide mainstream hit (And no big talent involved), nor enough recognizability to attract a sizeable audience to subscribe.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
First one was alright and better than I expected, so this is a little disappointing for me but at the same time not too surprising.

This won't be the first movie to suffer from this fate.

Nano-Nandy

Mar 26, 2019
It makes sense.
Filming was supposed to be done already but was pushed to 2021 because of the pandemic.

But the March 2021 was still there; which didn't made any sense...until now.

Garrison

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah a global pandemic and movie industry that is not doing well with me releases will do that.