• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
I think Tomi Lahren was fired from Blaze for coming across pro choice. If memory serves me correctly.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
Tirefire Limocrash is making the same argument Pat Robertson did; you're doing it too quickly, stupids.

Books

Alt account
Banned
Feb 4, 2019
Is it okay to be racist about Candace Owens? Is it okay to be homophobic about Milo Yiannopoulos?
I don't care about them and I don't care about Tomi and Goldy. Whatever terrible thing people say about any of the four, I don't give a fuck.

If saying catfight is enough for you to get flustered and offtrack about the nonsense they're spewing, I dunno, keep on keeping on.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's a way to say "keep your legs closed." Imagine holding a quarter, literally, between your knees. Your legs would physically be closed. So, that woman is saying that women that get pregnant are promiscuous and wouldn't get pregnant if they "held a quarter between their knees" aka "didn't open their legs" aka didn't have sex in the first place.

Which is the whole point of this - religious conservatives using the law to control women's sex lives. It's totally okay for a guy to go out and have sex with as many women as he likes, regardless of whether he's married or not, but women having sex with someone that isn't their husband? That might just be worse than murder to these people and they'll do everything they can to stop it - from making abortions illegal to making contraceptives illegal too.

It's only ever been about punishing women for having sex. The baby itself is irrelevant because, clearly, those same people don't care what happens to the child after it's born. They're just using it because it drums up sympathy for their cause.

kradical

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Piss off with the bad faith horseshit, nobody is buying it

Excuse me? If you think I like them or am defending their shitty views you are very much mistaken, but to describe two awful people having an argument as a cat fight just because they're both female is misogynistic and demeaning to all women

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
If Tomi can make even one hardcore conservative (i.e. her general fanbase) to switch their stance on being pro-choice, I don't mind.

I don't like her; but in the same vein I'm fine if she's picking a fight on this.
meh. I'm sure Tomi is still very much anti-abortion. Just not in the case of rape/incest. Which means you're still in favor of denying abortions in the other 99% of cases of women seeking abortions.

thesoapster

Oct 25, 2017
MD, USA
If Tomi can make even one hardcore conservative (i.e. her general fanbase) to switch their stance on being pro-choice, I don't mind.

I don't like her; but in the same vein I'm fine if she's picking a fight on this.

Kinda my position. She's largely an idiot, but the libertarian view of womens' rights to have control over their bodies free of the government is not a bad thing.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised Tamales actually has some consistency on something.
Too bad she's absolute trash in everything else.

Screw her.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Kinda my position. She's largely an idiot, but the libertarian view of womens' rights to have control over their bodies free of the government is not a bad thing.
I'm not sure, but her commentary doesn't read like she's interested in women having full control; only in the case of rape/incest. Is she in favor of proper access if desired?

I'm guessing not.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
The world doesn't need Tomi Lahren as some kind of ally to prop up. There are countless better people out there to signal-boost than a worthless shitheel like her.

They can both fuck off.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
You're all getting played by that woman. She's not against this shit. If she was, she would have spoken up before it passed.

She just wants to bathe in some good PR for a day.

She got fired for her views. You're playing yourself.

I find it disgusting though that this is like the conservative version of deplatforming.

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
y3gijselpbf11.gif

Edit: figured I'd be too late lol
This gif wasn't posted soon enough.

SugarNoodles

Nov 3, 2017
Portland, OR
I'm not sure, but her commentary doesn't read like she's interested in women having full control; only in the case of rape/incest. Is she in favor of proper access if desired?

I'm guessing not.
Based on her past words she doesn't think the government should regulate abortion in the same sense she doesn't want the government to regulate guns, which basically means "let it stay the way it currently is"

It's not a "only abortion in specific cases" stance. She's just a rare case of a conservative pundit actually acknowledging the hypocrisy of republican "small government" rhetoric.

She's still trash.

thesoapster

Oct 25, 2017
MD, USA

I'm guessing not.

My historical view had to do with her firing from The Blaze (or whatever it's called). I could swear she believes the government has no right to make the choice for a woman. And "choice" is the key word, of course. When a state government decides on what's happening to a woman's body, they're the ones making that choice. And I think that was her opinion. Again, I generally view her as a poor commentator who typically argues in bad faith, but abortion rights have a conservative basis as well.

sph3re

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
D6uXyxPUIAAOpyg.jpg

I still don't like you Tomi, but damn it if I don't appreciate you standing up to that sociopathic Nazi

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
My historical view had to do with her firing from The Blaze (or whatever it's called). I could swear she believes the government has no right to make the choice for a woman. And "choice" is the key word, of course. When a state government decides on what's happening to a woman's body, they're the ones making that choice. And I think that was her opinion. Again, I generally view her as a poor commentator who typically argues in bad faith, but abortion rights have a conservative basis as well.
Based on her past words she doesn't think the government should regulate abortion in the same sense she doesn't want the government to regulate guns, which basically means "let it stay the way it currently is"

It's not a "only abortion in specific cases" stance. She's just a rare case of a conservative pundit actually acknowledging the hypocrisy of republican "small government" rhetoric.

She's still trash.
interesting. okay then!

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
Catholic girls used to be told when going out in dates to imagine there is a quarter between your knees and if it hits the floor the date is over.
And now I have a hilarious picture in my head of them, out on a date, trying to walk like that.
Reading this quickly gave me a light scare. What did I do now?!

Also, that IQ dogwhistle always makes me cringe.
Wait, what is that dogwhistling?

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
And now I have a hilarious picture in my head of them, out on a date, trying to walk like that.

Wait, what is that dogwhistling?
no, she's pretty clearly insulting her intelligence.

I thought the whole IQ = inteligence thing was an alt-right dogwhistle, trying to make inteligence correspond to arbitrary numbers, mainly so they can make up things about minorities and their IQ/inteligence.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the concept of a dogwhistle and in that case, forgive me.