• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017

giphy.gif

AmbientRuin

Apr 18, 2019
15 years ago when i was still a naive child i would have been excited for this

Then I learned the truth about Doug

InspectaDekka

Banned
Jan 4, 2019
yyyyyyYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA -

*sees it's Intellivision Amico exclusive*

AAHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...what

Transistor

Vodka martini, dirty, with Tito's please
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
I mean, that's just begging your game to fail. That exclusive deal ain't gonna last long if they want to make any money from it.

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
I mean, I guess some people were excited for Ouya so I can see why he'd think people are excited for his attempt.

SNRUB

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
If this ends up like every other EWJ revival attempt, this'll probably be the last you ever hear of it before fading into obscurity.

And fuck Doug Tennapel.

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Not like I was going to be buying an amico anyways, but im double out with Tenappel involved. Fuck that dude

AmbientRuin

Apr 18, 2019

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
"First design meeting."
That's the type of early announcement that Square would be proud of.

Also, will that crazy person be involved?

This whole Amico venture will never cease being funny.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I thought I was relatively well-informed about all these weird indie console releases but what on earth is the Intellivision Amico

JD3Nine

The Fallen
Nov 6, 2017
Texas, United States
Haha. I never even heard of this Intellivision thing until today. Always a good sign when you are trying to sell something.

Edit: Ok. I see I am not alone in never hearing about this.

Last edited:

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
I can't imagine Dave Perry is back for this, so I don't think you can say its the entire original team

EDIT: Wait wait wait, the Amico is a DIFFERENT THING from the Atari VCS? How many of these fuckers are there?

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Earthworm Jim was never a good game.

It had great graphics, animation, music, and a few good levels.

But the gameplay is crap. Bad and sensitive hit detection, touchy jumping, blind landings after a jump, whipping and grabbing hooks is awful, difficulty telling background from foreground, and to hell with submarine levels.

Don't @ me.

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
I can't imagine Dave Perry is back for this, so I don't think you can say its the entire original team

EDIT: Wait wait wait, the Amico is a DIFFERENT THING from the Atari VCS? How many of these fuckers are there?
Perry is an investor/advisor of the system. So he may have some involvement.

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
I don't foresee the Amico being very successful, but it's hard to not be pulled in by Tommy Tallarico's enthusiasm for it.

Stuart Gipp

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Cambridge, England
Earthworm Jim was never a good game.

It had great graphics, animation, music, and a few good levels.

But the gameplay is crap. Bad and sensitive hit detection, touchy jumping, blind landings after a jump, whipping and grabbing hooks is awful, difficulty telling background from foreground, and to hell with submarine levels.

Don't @ me.

Absolute rubbish.