• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Alchemist

Oct 25, 2017
Spiders being confirmed makes this a hard pass for me. I know 1 sale in the long run won't mean anything but it's a shame as I was looking forward to this.

badboy78660

Oct 27, 2017
Damnit Capcom! Hopefully they'll at least patch in a mode, a difficulty or something that'll allow Nemmy to enter the safe rooms.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
-Spiders are confirmed to be in the game! They have a tendency to scuttle all over the place, sometimes towards or away from you, or drop on you from the ceiling.
And with that news in minddddd
giphy.gif

Capcom out of their goddamn minds if they think I'm down to look at RE Engine spiders.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
Lickers are mutated zombies Host Samurai. Basically alternate Crimson Heads. Not as cool as Hunters, those will never be beaten, but still a gaming classic. I am willing to give up Man-spiders for them but why did we have to choose in the first place. Where 1.5´s rebuild is @ right now:
www.youtube.com

Resident Evil 1.5 [ LEON ] - NEW 2019 PATCH / FULL Playthrough + DOWNLOAD

Download : As always original download link : ( NEW UPDATE HAS BEEN MADE 25 - DECEMBER - 2020 YOU CAN FIND THE DOWNLOAD LINK ON THE DESCRIPTION OF THIS VIDEO...

A shame that REmake 2 skipped the proposed transformation process. That missing piece is kinda essential. Outbreak of all things did it and then never again:
latest

See, more human than human if you have them stand:
imgs_touch

Capcom rarely lets a canned idea go to waste (no more ship games/level please) so I expect to see some of this to make it into a game:
870b2lwkr9h31.jpg

Humanoid creatures are always my favorite. I really wish they would have used those designs. Zombies that change to Lickers with a well placed headshot would be too perfect.

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
Lickers are mutated zombies Host Samurai. Basically alternate Crimson Heads. Not as cool as Hunters, those will never be beaten, but still a gaming classic. I am willing to give up Man-spiders for them but why did we have to choose in the first place. Where 1.5´s rebuild is @ right now:
www.youtube.com

Resident Evil 1.5 [ LEON ] - NEW 2019 PATCH / FULL Playthrough + DOWNLOAD

Download : As always original download link : ( NEW UPDATE HAS BEEN MADE 25 - DECEMBER - 2020 YOU CAN FIND THE DOWNLOAD LINK ON THE DESCRIPTION OF THIS VIDEO...

A shame that REmake 2 skipped the proposed transformation process. That missing piece is kinda essential. Outbreak of all things did it and then never again:
latest

See, more human than human if you have them stand:

I totally forgot about this, but man thats a great design.

Charismagik

Oct 27, 2017
I just hope the audio mix for nemesis makes it clear where he is. If I remember correctly, in 2 X would stomp around and I could never get a sense of where he was in relation to where I was based on the audio

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I wish 1-2 safe rooms were potentially unsafe out of a certain pool of maybe 5-6, and which were unsafe would be semi-random based on unseen parameters, like how stuff varied in the original (number of potentially unsafe safe rooms depending on the difficulty, perhaps, or maybe based on a dynamic difficulty parameter). I feel that would be a proper compromise. I don't think making safe rooms potentially unsafe in general would be a good idea, but mixing some stuff up would be nice.

That, a Reloading Tool option, and a school environment like in the second movie are some of my biggest wants.

Last edited:

darkslayer101

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a little thrown off guard by some folks in this thread deciding to not get the game because of spiders.
Like I get, its freaking spiders, its scary for everyone and doubly so for select few. But this is a horror game we are talking about.
I sure hope its sarcasm... or just trying to be funny.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I consider them mainline even though they aren't part of the numbered series. They are integral to the overall story, unlike outbreak and other spinoffs. I desperately want a Revelaitons 3 starring Billy and Ada.
Eh, as much as I love both of them, I wouldn't consider their stories particularly relevant to the mainline games. Alex/Natalia will probably end up resolved in a future Rev 3(Since Natalia is already nearly an adult) and get barely mentioned in passing maybe in RE9 or 10.

Though they're still definite mainline games with just as important stories.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I thought MrX ruined RE2, I hated him so much. Nemisis has me worried but I'm still going to be there day 1.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I'm a little thrown off guard by some folks in this thread deciding to not get the game because of spiders.
Like I get, its freaking spiders, its scary for everyone and doubly so for select few. But this is a horror game we are talking about.

MV5BMjExNTcyMjI2Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDgwNTg4NjE@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,674,1000_AL_.jpg

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
We are talking about a game that will literally be one of the most photorealistic looking games ever made at release. I ain't trying to see no RE ENGINE spiders that were probably scans of real life spiders. 😡

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
I would think RE3 spiders would look a little mutated, at least I would hope. I always thought it was lame that they were just sized up tarantulas, we see Hunters roaming around, G-Adults, Lickers and brain deimos a plenty, but then we just have a regular spider except in jumbo size? I hope they get a little more creative with it than they've been in the past. I'm a major arachnophobe but a giant tarantula just isn't very scary, they're so fuzzy and almost cute in the face, not to mention completely harmless, the real scary looking bastards are the small spindly black widow types.
Tarantula-1-650x425.jpg

They're soooo cute

Maybe the cut enemy man-spider will show up finally?
latest

Spiders may not be in afterall

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
So, I just read the page from OXM about enemies and yeah, I feel safe in saying it's purely speculation by them and none of the enemies, including spiders, are confirmed to return yet. On one page there is a small side column called "Party Like it's 1999: The T-Virus mutations set to make a return" with the following text of:

Monsters returning from the '90s original include Hunter Ganmas, giant tick-like Brain Suckers, and leech-like Sliding Worms. Here are some of our other favourite fiends from the original that you can expect to make a reappearance in the reboot. Hold us.

Then it goes on to list Grave Digger, Giant Spiders, Hunter Betas and Drain Deimos with a text blurb under screenshots of each from the original game describing them.

It appears to be pure speculation on their part.

Between the save room error, mixing up Brain Suckers and Drain Deimos, the vagueness of this column, and the fact they likely only played the same two hour chunk that other press outlets played, I'm strongly leaning to the "They have no idea" camp.

Spiders could totally be in, considering they have the tech demonstrated by the Drain Deimos, but I doubt OXM knows.

Last edited:

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
So, I just read the page from OXM about enemies and yeah, I feel safe in saying it's purely speculation by them and none of the enemies, including spiders, are confirmed to return yet. On one page there is a small side column called "Party Like it's 1999: The T-Virus mutations set to make a return" with the following text of:

Then it goes on to list Grave Digger, Giant Spiders, Hunter Betas and Drain Deimos with a text blurb under screenshots of each from the original game describing them.

Between the save room error, mixing up Brain Suckers and Drain Deimos, the vagueness of this column, and the fact they likely only played the same two hour chunk that other press outlets played, I'm strongly leaning to the "They have no" idea camp.

Spiders could totally be in, considering they have the tech demonstrated by the Drain Deimos, but I doubt OXM knows.
After the save room debacle, I almost think they have no f'n clue what they are talking about, and truly haven't confirmed jack shit.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Between the save room error, mixing up Brain Suckers and Drain Deimos, the vagueness of this column, and the fact they likely only played the same two hour chunk that other press outlets played, I'm strongly leaning to the "They have no idea" camp.

Don't do this to me. TAKE THIS BACK!

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
No Disney stocks for you then.
kFoPAFu.gif

Those 6 arms Spidey issues and the 90s Clone trash remake are top to bottom insane btw. The Venom books went places too:
venommo14.jpg

In conclusion: Not only do I want the most realistic spiders of ALL TIME in the RE engine. They should start up a hive where they Egg Morph people:
avp.fandom.com

Eggmorphing

'Eggmorphing', also known as 'Ovomorphing'[1] is a process by which Xenomorphs are capable of generating a viable Egg in the absence of an Egg-laying Queen.[2] When absent of a hive, a Xenomorph Drone will begin taking hosts and cocooning them in a secreted resin that exposes them to enzymes and...

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

jesus. That sucks.

Oct 25, 2017

RIP everything

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
This went from all having me legit hyped, to questioning the validity of anything that was 'confirmed' majorly bummed right now

Atrarock

Oct 27, 2017
Man, people saying they will dip or cancel because of the spiders keep missing the most important aspect when it comes to them vs you

YouTube

You have weapons, probably a grenade launcher or shotfun.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland

lol well that's great. So this thread has just been a waste of time. XD

Oct 27, 2017

giphy.gif

God damn it....

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Capcom were quick to be like "Nemesis can't go in Save Rooms".

But when it comes to if Spiders are in or not it's like they haven't heard a word of it lol

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Apparently people were also saying the train being used as fast travel is also incorrect which if true makes me wonder if anything in the article is even legit.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Back in the day it was Leon who was least liked, nothing more than an 'Ada, wait!' meme. Jill and Claire were most popular (which I guess explains RE3 and CV starring them, though popularity of Tomb Raider may of had an effect). Then RE hit a slump, and RE4 helped it out of it and they've been very pro-guy lead since.

I actually liked Leon since RE2, although I liked Claire about the same. I liked both of them slightly more than Jill too. Until REmake anyway. I figured Claire starring in CV had less to do with any supposed popularity contest, and more to do with the fact that she was Chris' sister and it made more sense for her to be looking for him than Leon. Plus, it would have been kind of funny, even for an RE game to have not just one, but two Leonardo DiCaprios in a single game.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017

yeah, from what I read there's no reason to think they saw any more than any of the other outlets.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Spider are in.
Spiders are out.
Spiders are in.
Spiders are out.

Why do they keep toying with me like this?!

Oct 26, 2017
Now people are saying the subway as a pseudo fast travel isn't a thing either?!

Surely if that were the case Capcom would have made a statement as well right
The magazine doesn't actually mention anything about fast travel. It says 'Jill uses the subway system to move around different areas of the city'. It doesn't sound like their gameplay demo got as far as travelling anywhere on the train, they say the final section they played was the sewers.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The magazine doesn't actually mention anything about fast travel. It says 'Jill uses the subway system to move around different areas of the city'. It doesn't sound like their gameplay demo got as far as travelling anywhere on the train, they say the final section they played was the sewers.

So it looks like that either a) the magazine assumed shit without actually finding out if it was true or b) whoever compiled the info (assuming it's Dusk based off the OP) got stuff wrong. Or both.

So this thread is pointless until we actually find out what was said and what's true which at this point is going to be April 3rd.

Oct 26, 2017
So it looks like that either a) the magazine assumed shit without actually finding out if it was true or b) whoever compiled the info (assuming it's Dusk based off the OP) got stuff wrong. Or both.

So this thread is pointless until we actually find out what was said and what's true which at this point is going to be April 3rd.

Probably a combination of both unfortunately yeah.
The magazine's PS1 monster descriptions should definitely not have been taken as confirmation of anything in the new game.