• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AndyVirus

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
His hosting of the VGX was an embarrassing shambles. His fault or not. Hopefully he's not disrespectful to anyone here.

Oct 27, 2017
Good. The amount of people who were offended by him was embarrassing. I mean goddamn, have some self awareness and stop taking some of this shit so seriously.

Heckler456

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Oh god no.

I liked him, but in terms of pure unadulterated cringe, that show he was on with Geoff has yet to be matched.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Genuinely can't believe it's been 5 years since that disastrous show, where Joel made Geoff look like the size of an ant. Feels like yesterday.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I remember Geoff looking super pissed at Joel's antics that whole night 5 years ago, but maybe that was part of the act.

Deleted member 4037

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
tumblr_nmc0nz15WX1tywth9o7_500.gif

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, I'm down for Joel shitting on everything for old times sake. Hopefully we get to hear him take a piss again too.

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
That year was a mess, but I still think Joel was the right host for that particular mess, lol.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
Joel was rude, a douche and a made a mockery of a show Geoff spent a year making. He should stay away.

I'm okay with him being rude and douchy though, he should be welcomed.

With more time to prepare and an actual budget to work with I think they can do something great.

Also, Jade Raymond should co-host and announce her new Splinter Cell game.

Nov 14, 2017
'Gamers' are so fucking delicate sometimes, Joel making fun of the 'gamer' stereotype was fucking awesome.

Glad he's back.

patientzero

Oct 25, 2017
I thought this was created to distance itself from the terrible Video Game awards on Spike tv years ago. But this is slowly crawling back to that same level of unnecessary pandering to outsiders.

Talking about spoooooky "outsiders" while this is the same show that had a mascot for a razor company integrated into it.

TyraZaurus

Nov 6, 2017
I find it hard to believe Joel didn't run his bit by Geoff ahead of time.That's just not how these sorts of things are done.

Moves

Oct 27, 2017
Joel McHale respresented the attitude I wish the world didn't have on video games. I thought Joel was funny but it definitely wasn't why I was watching the show. It turned that first show into a lot of mocking of video games rather than celebrating the game industry and it's achievements which is what I think Geoff was going for.

That is not to say the Joel + Geoff debacle was not extremely entertaining, I'm just glad that the Game Awards have come so far from what that was.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
I don't follow him so I was always a little bemused how he went from hosting VGX to hosting the White House Correspondent's Dinner.