• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Absolute0

Oct 27, 2017
Seriously considering not watching it now depending on how much time Joel is given. Guy is a total Dbag and seems to care nothing for games or gamers.

Oct 25, 2017
I cannot honestly believe that there are people who had a problem with what Joel did at the VGX thing, lmao. That was literally the best that show deserved at that point. He made a mockery of it because that's what it already was of itself. Let's see what happens this time around.

Seriously considering not watching it now depending on how much time Joel is given. Guy is a total Dbag and seems to care nothing for games or gamers.
Considering the recent track record of gamers as a community, should anyone, honestly?

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I don't follow him so I was always a little bemused how he went from hosting VGX to hosting the White House Correspondent's Dinner.

He had been hosting Talk Soup for years and was starting season 4 of Community (which was one of the most acclaimed comedies on TV for its first three seasons).

So it wasn't the VGX that boosted him to the White House Correspondent's Dinner. Haha.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
he doesn't care about us gamers or pokemon or the clever origins of Waluigi's name. invite mitt romney, a man who cares

Gloomz

Oct 27, 2017
Dude was hilarious in his obvious disinterest while poking fun at it all.

Glad they're bringing him back.

dyst

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
From the outside looking in, this looks like a bad idea. They didn't have chemistry then but maybe things have changed.

butman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Crowbcat material here. I love this!

Dylan

Oct 28, 2017
He had been hosting Talk Soup for years and was starting season 4 of Community (which was one of the most acclaimed comedies on TV for its first three seasons).

So it wasn't the VGX that boosted him to the White House Correspondent's Dinner. Haha.

How awesome would it be if Dan Harmon was with him tonight?

Possibly one of the best award show moments ever:

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
The marketing event this is deserved the mockery Joe gave it. Those VGX were bad and this is a well produced version of the same marketing event mascarading as a "celebration".

Anyway, yay.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
For old times' sake can we have a super, super awkward interview between Angry Joe and Geoff Keighley again, too? Let's bring back all the cringe and see if we can't throw in some new curve balls as well. You know, make it some kind of masochistic challenge to sit through. Where is Spike TV? Maybe we can still get them involved as well.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
If he's a presenter he'll be on stage for a couple minutes max. It's a fun little nod to how far the show has come and I'm sure Joel will be as uncomfortable as ever, for old times sake.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Oof, not what I was expecting at all.

I loved Joel in Community, but hosting the game awards he came off so cringy and made the awards kind of feel like a joke thing that last time, I thought all these years later it had gotten so much better in terms of presentation and taking it more seriously. I hope he does better this time.

Oct 31, 2017
giphy.gif

Bomblord

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 11, 2018
Oh that was the year of the Metroid pin, Cranky Kong, and No Man's sky.

Absolutely awful but in a strangely hilarious way.

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Whyyy

I'm sure they'll lean into the joke of it and it'll actually work out

(mat)

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Could we use this thread to post highlights from McHale's previous time on the show? I haven't seen very much of it, but it sounds hilarious from what I HAVE seen.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Damn... not a fan of his humor based on his previous appearance in this show. Oh well...

Toadofsky

User requested ban
Banned
Mar 8, 2018
I thought this was created to distance itself from the terrible Video Game awards on Spike tv years ago. But this is slowly crawling back to that same level of unnecessary pandering to outsiders.

Oh come on now, you didn't think that this was a legit awards show and not just an ad space for random things, celebrities that have nothing to do with games and trailers for upcoming games right?