• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
tenor.gif

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I see things here and there from him that strike me as innocuous, but I know the board's temperament about somethings and he's usually spoken of in a negative light, so I'm curious as to why that is. I don't know enough about him one way or the other. It sounds like he has very, very poor views of trans people
He's honestly more of a laughable figure than a serious concern himself.

His fans tend to be very alt-right though so that's concerning more than he himself. It's like PDP basically---he may not be a dangerous person but he has a cult more or less. And they're the danger.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
There goes his change of being the Green Arrow. Don't feel like watching any of his films from now on.

Air

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He's honestly more of a laughable figure than a serious concern himself.

His fans tend to be very alt-right though so that's concerning more than he himself. It's like PDP basically---he may not be a dangerous person but he has a cult more or less. And they're the danger.

I see. Gotcha. That makes sense to me

MetalMagus

Avenger
Oct 16, 2018
Maine
I love how these garbage alt-right con artists are labeling themselves "intellectuals of the dark web" as if they were fucking Morpheus from the Matrix and not shit-peddlers who've been ostracized from larger society because their messages rely entirely upon junk science, speculation, bad-faith arguments, and hate.

People like Hunnum are like the anti-vaxxers but the diseases they're allowing to fester in our society is a far more moral kind of rot.

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
I like that they talk about the dark web as if these insufferable twats were using something other than Twitter and Youtube.

Oct 28, 2017
I see that Jordan Peterson thread pop up from time to time but it's so dense. Is there a concise summation on the distaste for him I can read?

Semi-interesting academic turned self-help guru for early-20 something dudes. Frequently ascribes nonsensical categories to left-leaning philosophical discourse and rails against perceived crises of masculinity and anything he regards as po-mo. Gained popularity after he publicly condemned a proposed amendment to the Canadian Human Rights Act which ended up being a storm in a teacup anyway.

Frankly, he's a bit difficult to pin down since his academic career has almost no bearing on his public career. The latter is just your regular old hypermasculine 'bootstraps' self-help garbage which tends to appeal to younger conservative types.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Did he really say that shit? Wtf man he was a solid shitty action B movie actor.

Carl2291

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Does this mean I'm no longer allowed to watch the fantastic piece of cinema that is Green Street?

Oct 25, 2017
uuhhhh like yikes, this aint it chief. Let's unpack this.
Or how bout actually unpack everything wrong with this quote so people can learn something instead of giving the most low effort buzzword filled condemnation.

This thread in a nutshell and all the others

Big yikes
I never liked him anyway
I knew there was a reason I didn't like him
Oof
I'm never watching his stuff again

Rinse and repeat until it's someone else next week to be "cancelled"

Deleted member 25712

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Why the fuck do we need a thread about some D list celebrity espousing wrong think so we can add them to a list of personas non grata? Can't we just let dumb people be dumb instead of having an impurity list?

Deleted member 24118

User requested account closure
Oct 29, 2017
Or how bout actually unpack everything wrong with this quote so people can learn something instead of giving the most low effort buzzword filled condemnation.

This thread in a nutshell and all the others

Big yikes
I never liked him anyway
I knew there was a reason I didn't like him
Oof
I'm never watching his stuff again

Rinse and repeat until it's someone else next week to be "cancelled"

Ugh, gross. Do better, be better. Y'all.

L i t e r a l l y shaking right now.

Loanshark

Nov 8, 2017
Do we know if he subscribes to or shares ALL of Petersons views, or just the self help ones? Would this have an influence on deciding if he is a bad person or not?

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
More like the anti-intellectual dork web.

I guess semen quality of "smart men", Frozen being propaganda and the birth control pill making women attracted to narrow jawed men who are less aggressive are truly the great intellectual thoughts only JP can provide.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It bears repeating but don't get so mad at the OP using canceled---he's referencing a line from Pacific Rim so it's partially tongue-in-cheeks.

OP
OP
Tabaxi

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
Do we know if he subscribes to or shares ALL of Petersons views, or just the self help ones? Would this have an influence on deciding if he is a bad person or not?

1) You really can't divorce Peterson's self-help views from his other views.
2) He's clearly deep enough he knows what the 'intellectual dark web' is

Psamtik

Oct 27, 2017
Everything I see from this guy, besides the whole rampant misogyny thing, and the gateway-to-white-supremacy thing, makes his work sound like the most insultingly basic pabulum - the kind of horseshit you could only ever sell to manchildren who never developed empathy, self-respect, or interpersonal skills.