• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tony Hawk 3 Should Be in the HD Collection!

• Hey...Yeah!

Votes: 318 71.8%
  • Mmmmmm...no OP. I don't think so.

Votes: 125 28.2%

• Total voters
Oct 25, 2017
Milwaukee, WI
Hello Era,

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 drew a line in the sand. Gone were the time limits. No longer was there a need for free skate. Now Tony would skate around and get missions and goals. A design premise that would continue for the next few entries.

So if they're going to package Tony Hawk 1 + 2, why not include 3? They're all essentially the same gameplay style of arcade level accomplishments. In hindsight it actually felt like a real trilogy before the hard break into exploration games.

I don't think they would release Tony Hawk 3 HD alone but it doesn't really fit thematically with the other games they could potentiality package together. So beyond this first collection, it's always going to be a bit of an odd duck. Which is a shame given how dang good it is.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
They already added reverts, they could just do Tony Hawk 3 DLC levels like they did with that last terrible attempt at a THPS remake. I'm almost sure it'll happen since they did it before (and Activision loves money).

ClivePwned

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I'm guessing they're holding back to do a 3+4 (since they're numerical before bundling the others every year)
activision aren't exactly releasing too many new games or new IP right now so looks like remasters of everything that ever sold in decent numbers.

but yeah 3 really does belong in a package with 1 and 2

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
I completely agree. I think it's a weird omission. The first 3 games were all built from the same mold.

My hope is that they release 3 separately for $20 later on.

Minions

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, if they included the third game, I think it would be $60. However, 1&2 costing $40, already puts the game in impulse buy territory when it goes on sale. So I'd say they made the right call. The licensing on music alone has to be a ton of money for games 1+2.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
I think it's pretty obvious that vol 2 will be THPS 3 & 4. I would much rather wait for 3 than not get 4 at all. Also the stage designs in 3 have far more in common with 4 than 1 or 2.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
I really hope for the games that are there they give the option to remove the timers, if they don't I'm not getting it. It's cumbersome to be kicked out of levels after 2 minutes over, and over, and over.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
3 is my personal favorite and I hope it does get this remake treatment eventually, but 1+2 is a pretty daunting task in itself and it's understandable why it's not included right now.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Sell me $25 THPS3 DLC PLEASE!! Just keep adding to the client so we have one big glorious THPS community again

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Because they're adding reverts to the collection, I'm in the "THPS3 levels as DLC camp" and I'm saddened by it. I really wish they'd do 3 and 4 as their own collection so I can always play it off the disc/cartridge without having to worry about it disappearing someday. 3 is my absolute favorite game in the series and I'd hate to lose an upscaled version to the sands of time if these are being handled with the care they deserve.

StonerSage

Banned
Sep 22, 2019
I'm getting some serious deja vu from when the last time they did this. It's a trilogy and the thirds omission is odd. Why not follow the Crash and Spyro models?

Jason Frost

Oct 27, 2017
THPS 3 and even THPS 4 should be there.

It would make that collection of Tony Hawk Pro Skater complete and perfect.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
I really hope for the games that are there they give the option to remove the timers, if they don't I'm not getting it. It's cumbersome to be kicked out of levels after 2 minutes over, and over, and over.

The option is called free skate. It's been in the series since the beginning.

172858-tony-hawk-s-pro-skater-playstation-screenshot-main-menu.jpg

6391-menu-Tony-Hawks-Pro-Skater-2.jpg

284125-tony-hawk-s-pro-skater-3-playstation-2-screenshot-main-menu.png

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
The option is called free skate. It's been in the series since the beginning.

172858-tony-hawk-s-pro-skater-playstation-screenshot-main-menu.jpg
You can free skate but that isn't the same as career mode and collecting stuff in the levels though right? It doesn't count towards career mode where you get kicked out of levels after two minutes and have ten objectives in each level. I really think people who haven't played these before are going to be like "wtf, why do I only have two minutes, I'm just getting started, I hate sitting through these loading screens", etc.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
You can free skate but that isn't the same as career mode and collecting stuff in the levels though right? It doesn't count towards career mode where you get kicked out of levels after two minutes and have ten objectives in each level.

That's the whole challenge of the series. The objectives themselves aren't particularly difficult. It's hitting them in a single session that asks of you. So you go to free skate to practice or just chill. Then career to put your skills to the test.

smart patrol

Oct 27, 2017
If it's DLC I hope it's the full game and not select levels like in THPS HD.

There's a lot of NPCs and more stuff going on in the levels in 3 and 4 so it would be a bigger undertaking.

infinityBCRT

Nov 1, 2017
I would've been okay if it was only 1 but they made sure it was good. 1+2 is fine. Both are classics. If it turns out well and sells well there's no reason they won't do 3+4 in a year or two.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'd love that but I'm by no means disappointed with the way the remaster is looking. Looks great, they got most of the music which is a licensing nightmare I didn't expect them to solve, added quality of life improvements from future games, etc.

I'd just like the ability to put in cheat codes to play as Darth Maul again

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
100% yes. They are clearly holding it back to sell as a 3+4 collection or DLC for this collection.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
I agree that 4 felt like a turning point and 1-3 all feel right at home together, but eh, this will be hopefully be successful and there will be a 3+4 pack.

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
Tony Hawk 3 is big enough to get its own remake, IMO.

Just expand the haunted house and we're good.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
THPS3 deserves a full release. It not being included is the only thing that prevents me from saying that this upcoming 1+2 Remaster is perfection. I really hope we get it soon.

I also really hope we get a THUG 1 and 2 Remaster Collection as well! My favorite of the Tony Hawk games.

Muitnorts

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It should be there with the other two. I'm excited for the remake but thinking about it last time I played THPS2 I got 100% in, like, an hour.
It's always fun just messing around in them but if they don't add some extra challenges it's going to feel like the games are over in a flash.

Apr 4, 2018
Vancouver, BC
I would love a Tony Hawk 3 and 4 remaster next. So long as they do that, I'm happy. Also, completely remaking two game is a lot of work, so I'm fine with waiting ti see how these turn out.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
The cruise and airport levels in THPS3 were legit some of the greatest levels in any skateboarding game

Megatron

Oct 27, 2017
No. Just try to make these awesome. And if you suceed I will buy a TH3 and 4 collection.

Grimace McRib

Oct 27, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
Kind of a no brainer. THPS3 was my favorite of the group, the true next gen sequel I was looking for it and didn't disappoint. If this was included, it would be an instabuy for me.

nachum00

Oct 26, 2017
Nah. Sure it fits more with 1 and 2. But it makes more sense to release two games per bundle. Like if 3 Was included what would they do with 4? Just release it by its self? I expect them to release 3+4 then if that does well maybe THUG1+THUG2.