• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

manustany

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
The Space
OK, we all know that THPS HD was delisted from steam a while ago, but a friend just told me that only THPS 5 is available to purchase on the PSN/Xbox Marketplace in Europe and North America, and everything else is gone (for good?)

https://store.playstation.com/it-it/search/tony hawk's
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/grid/search-game/1?emcid=pa-st-111284&query=tony hawk's
https://www.microsoft.com/it-it/store/search/games?q=tony hawk's

Now, I'm not sure how many titles of the series have been released on digital, but I know Activision still own the license so this is doesn't make any sense to me.

Oct 27, 2017
There are a billion licenses involved in Tony Hawk. They can own the THPS license, but still have to take the games down due to music, brand and other Skaters licenses expiring.

imbarkus

Oct 25, 2017
The Ultimate Alliances just went away too.

Activision runs the Disney vault of video games.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
I'd love a remaster of THUG.

Or a remaster of THPS 1-3 that left the original games untouched beyond the visuals. Including the original soundtracks.

Raw64life

Oct 25, 2017
Gotta love digital.

Don't know if I could ever get excited for a Tony Hawk game again. All I wanted for years was a remake of the classics, then they did that and still managed to make it awful. It's dead Jim.

May 5, 2018
It's truly strange how the fall of the Tony Hawk games were so devastating. Th first 4 games definitely stand as some of the best games of the late PS1/early PS2 era. Then the Underground and Americans Wasteland games took TH in some wacky and interesting directions and then it was clear that Robomodo...were not the devs to take over for TH despite all the tries they got. A real shame Neversoft is gone. We all could use a great skateboarding game in this gen.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Its just upsetting that there really is no skateboarding game of decent quality on Modern systems or PC.

Deleted member 15538

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Good, I can only imagine that poor soul browsing the store, seeing THPS5 and thinking hmm, I used to love these games, let's grab it.
I believe they kept it at high price too lol.

Segaswirl

Feb 5, 2018
Glasgow, Scotland.
Hard to believe this once hugely popular series is now nothing but dust.

Were they just a product of their time? Is skateboarding still huge in the US? I'm not an American so I don't know. I did love the games though, especially THPS2. Not a skateboarding game but I also liked Aggressive Inline a lot.

Last edited:

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
Good, I can only imagine that poor soul browsing the store, seeing THPS5 and thinking hmm, I used to love these games, let's grab it.
I believe they kept it at high price too lol.

Right now it's $20 so its still ridiculous. Although as a big fan of the series, I'm curious despite me having first hand experience with the last gen version.

imbarkus

Oct 25, 2017
Neversoft was Pro Skater (before 5). Underground. Project 8. They were Tony Hawk, in video games.

tumblr_m6luzwToem1qh8rq6o1_500.gif

Then, like any other Activision-owned studio, they lost their identity and autonomy and got applied as hired labor towards first Guitar Hero and subsequently Call of Duty.
Eventually anyone still at the studio got merged with anyone left at Infinity Ward to form a "super-studio"... that is no doubt working on Call of Duty.

And Activision used Robomodo, a previously mobile developer, to botch the relaunch of the Tony Hawk brand.

So once again, we learn the lesson that if we like the games... we should care about the health of the studio.
Of course, Neversoft was Activison-owned since 2000, so they never really had a chance.
Imagine if they had bought their independence, like Bungie did (the only studio ever to escape the publisher acquisition trap).

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
There are a billion licenses involved in Tony Hawk. They can own the THPS license, but still have to take the games down due to music, brand and other Skaters licenses expiring.

Thats my thought as well. I think this game would be as much of a nightmare as anything to get re released.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
I'd be fine if they released the original games without the music, I'd just retrieve those myself and play it on the media player with a playlist.
Just gimme the games.

Beartruck

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hard to believe this once hugely popular series is now nothing but dust.

Were they just a product of their time? Is skateboarding still huge in the US? I'm not an American so I don't know. I did love the games though, especially THPS2. Not a skateboarding game but I also liked Aggressive Inline a lot.
Activision and EA have a consistent history of bleeding franchises dry. Plus the extreme sports fad faded about a decade ago.

Certinfy

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Why the heck don't Activision tell us beforehand and put the games on sale? So stupid. I really wanted the MUA games too.

imbarkus

Oct 25, 2017
Careful folks. At this point the Delisted Games group on Steam is sharing links for shit that is triggering anti-virus warnings because the game is probably a Trojan Horse.
Because they want to add the fake virus game to their library, because it will be delisted.

What I'm saying is that too far down this road... lies madness.

That said, I internet-know the person who runs delistedgames.com and he's got a subreddit and a facebook etc that don't get enough love for what he's trying to do.
At some point the volume of titles will overwhelm him. Games are commoditized to the point they are wrappers for Trojan Horses now. :o

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Tony Hawk deserves better.

Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3 is still a masterpiece, so damn good.

ShaggsMagoo

Oct 28, 2017
This is almost certainly about the music licensing costs. It's the main reason why none of the original games have been made available digitally.

Oct 25, 2017
Let me go hug my Dreamcast THPS 1+2 disks, my N64 THPS1 cart, and my THPS2x OG Xbox disc. I shall hug them tightly and not let them go.

Also: make Tony Hawk's Skate, EA. It's this easy. It's this obvious. You know what to do.

This is almost certainly about the music licensing costs. It's the main reason why none of the original games have been made available digitally.

THPS is how I got into Busdriver. Those soundtracks weren't always to my complete taste, but they were interesting.