• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dunno if this counts as a "hot take" but best game in the franchise IMO. Also my GOTY. I cant stop playing it. I spent like 3 hours last night eating shit trying to get one of the challenges done and I always kept wanting to try again.

cvbas

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Super happy. I hope this means more remakes or maybe even a new game by the game behind this remake.

My favorite game of the year, tbh.

Kraq

Oct 25, 2017
Fantastic news. It's been a feel-good story to see this franchise roaring back to life.

dbcyber

Oct 25, 2017
UK
All it took was making a good bloody game, somewhere in the past 15 odd years Activision forgot that. Glad they remembered.

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yessssss, Tony Hawk is back for real! I'll take ANYTHING: a THPS 3+4, a THUG 1+2 a new game, whatever.

Kemono

ā–² Legend ā–²
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Activisions new plan of attack:

- remake beloved game/s to test the waters
- make it a good remake
- be suprised that people love it
- make more remasters if possible
- make an original entry in the series
- people love it
- start churning them out to fast
- wonder why people start losing interest
- release more
- beat the series into the ground again
- stop making them for another 10-15 years
- repeat

SCUMMbag

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I don't purchase games day 1.

This game was the exception.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
I've been having a blast playing, but most of my time with the THPS franchise was with Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3. Canada, Suburbia, Airport, Cruise...those levels with the music hit me with the nostalgia pretty hard.

I'm really hoping we see either Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3+4 remakes, or THPS 3 added on as fully fledged DLC, replete with music and all.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Bring on 3 and 4 as dlc. It'd be nice to have the first four games in one package, especially for multiplayer.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
Not surprising considering it's the only good entry in the series that's been able to be preordered/bought day one on digital. But good to hear nonetheless.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
People have been asking for this for years, no surprise. Glad they finally got it right.

Glass

Oct 26, 2017
Great to hear, having a blast with it. I've been watching skate videos all week on Youtube as a result. I'm seriously considering picking it up again.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Activision really struck gold this gen remaking some classic IPs - THPS, Crash, Spyro, etc - and I couldn't be happier.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ubi, take note, this is how you do a remake.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
I'd much rather see Vicarious Visions get the green light to make their own Tony Hawk. I'd be totally happy with a Cross-gen entry, the visuals aren't what make the game great (though they are good).

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Activisions new plan of attack:

- remake beloved game/s to test the waters
- make it a good remake
- be suprised that people love it
- make more remasters if possible
- make an original entry in the series
- people love it
- start churning them out to fast
- wonder why people start losing interest
- release more
- beat the series into the ground again
- stop making them for another 10-15 years
- repeat
We'll see what happens with Spyro then.

ClivePwned

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
can we have the theme to THPS 3 be 'Amoeba' re-recorded to sing "tony Hawk?"

I'm at the end of my time (just filling in the last few things ike secret tapes and trying to get gold medals on the last few comps before my hands cramp up in pain) but really enjoyed the remaster. I love THPS 3, but disliked the bloat of the series and jackass-style minigames from 4 onwards.