• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
So we can expect a lot more set-pieces ? That's honestly great to hear cuz apart from the Helicopter Chase in the first one and the Rhino chase in MM, it was a bit lacking in that department.

Derbel McDillet

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 23, 2022
Looking forward to this, just holding out for them to release a PS5 Slim first. Spider-Man PS4 is what pushed me over the edge to get a PS4 and a new TV in 2018. Love the games better than the MCU movies.

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
Hope it's Eddie and not Harry tho.

I could see Harry being the monster/Hulk version of Venom throughout the game, and then Eddie obtains the symbiote and becomes standard Venom in the ending. Spider-Man 3 will have playable Peter, Miles, Brock and Gwen.

Yes I'm fantasizing.

Davidion

Charitable King
Oct 27, 2017
Tony Todd as Venom in Marvel AND Dota 2. Truly the greatest Venom to ever have Venomed.

(Dude is fucking awesome)

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
With all due respect, where's my fucking money….sir.

qa6Pgg1.gif

Hero of Winds

Oct 28, 2017
My biggest hope for this game is that they make Venom scary and an actual threat. I want him to terrify me the same way he did when I was a kid lmao. Most modern interpretations of him make him into either an anti-hero or a joke, or both. Judging from this and the initial teaser it seems like they're leaning in the right direction, thankfully

Oct 27, 2017
My biggest hope for this game is that they make Venom scary and an actual threat. I want him to terrify me the same way he did when I was a kid lmao. Most modern interpretations of him make him into either an anti-hero or a joke, or both. Judging from this and the initial teaser it seems like they're leaning in the right direction, thankfully
Agreed.

Tiny and Miles are the biggest reasons I'm excited for this game.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018

Venom should be a scary doofus. Very much a huge threat while also being completely off his rocks.

Purely serious Venom is the blandest thing ever.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait til he's introduced as the 3rd playable character along with Peter and Miles. Book it.

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
I could see Harry being the monster/Hulk version of Venom throughout the game, and then Eddie obtains the symbiote and becomes standard Venom in the ending. Spider-Man 3 will have playable Peter, Miles, Brock and Gwen.

Yes I'm fantasizing.
I might be the only one who wants to see Flash get the Symbiote instead by the end of the game. I think he's a great character who gets ignored far too often in Spidey media when writers no longer need a bully for Peter.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018

Yes I'm fantasizing.

Make it so Gwen inherit the symbiote so we can get Gwenom and we have a deal

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
I might be the only one who wants to see Flash get the Symbiote instead by the end of the game. I think he's a great character who gets ignored far too often in Spidey media when writers no longer need a bully for Peter.

I haven't read any of the Flash-Venom comics, but I'd be down for that version of him--as long as Insomniac works in a Devil Trigger kind of mechanic for him.

Make it so Gwen inherit the symbiote so we can get Gwenom and we have a deal

That was such a great design for her--if she ever does become playable, I would absolutely riot if Gwenom isn't referenced in some way (costume at the very least).

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
So we can expect a lot more set-pieces ? That's honestly great to hear cuz apart from the Helicopter Chase in the first one and the Rhino chase in MM, it was a bit lacking in that department.
The first game had a few more than that, the big Kingpin takedown at the beginning, the RAFT breakout, and a few of the boss fights I remember being pretty cool (Shocker, vulture+electro, etc).

But I agree that after 2 of these, some more set-piece specticals would be appreciated.
I'd love a huge Sandman fight in the middle of the city or something like that.

aloner

Jun 30, 2021
Australia
Hope it's Eddie and not Harry tho.
Given theyve gone to the effort of replacing Harry's actor (presumably because he has a lot more scenes/action scenes), and what the games have teased already - its pretty clear he will be Venom in some way - whether Eddie figures into it later (Peter probably working for The Bugle now given he was the photographer for MJ's trip to Symkaria, so Eddie is likely in the game) or is just a tease for Eddie Brock Venom in Game 3 idk, it's also likely Peter will get the black suit powers for a decent chunk of the game

Beelzebufo

Jun 1, 2022
Canada
I don't really see Venom being playable in a T-rated AAA Sony game. At least not in a way that would feel all that Venom-like.

aloner

Jun 30, 2021
Australia
I don't really see Venom being playable in a T-rated AAA Sony game. At least not in a way that would feel all that Venom-like.
we're talking about Insomniac's Spider-Man which had suicide bombers and a man psychically driven to suicide? yes?
I don't see anything about Venom that wouldn't work especially given if hes playable he's gonna be in more anti-hero Venom mode (likely Harry teaming up with Peter)

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
Spider-Man 2 is a PS2/GCN/XBox era game based on the film of the same name.

You're probably thinking of Marvel's Spider-Man 2.