• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BIG-JG

Oct 27, 2017
I watched it all unfold on Reddit, it was very fascinating. I will wait until the official release though I want to hear everything for the full experience.

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
I've never done heroin... but listening to this after waiting so long might just be close enough.

Beef Supreme

Oct 25, 2017
There's been a ridiculous amount of great music between the last Tool album and this one, though :p

This is true. There has been some great music come out since then, but, this may be a bit of hyperbole on my part, not much music of this quality has. Granted, I am a huge Tool fan and I'm just floored that this is not only not a disappointment, but it may be up there with their best work yet. I've already spun it 3 times and it gets better every single time. What I'm really hoping for is that rock of this quality makes a come back all together.

OP
OP
astro

astro

Oct 25, 2017
For those who heard the leak.

I didn't enjoy the last album much, and I don't really like the new song.

I like undertow.
I adore Aenima.
I like about half of Lateralus a lot.

Do you think this album will have something for me?

Just curious.

kingslunk

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

I like undertow.
I adore Aenima.

Just curious.

You should just listen to it. It's unlike any other their albums and the title track is not a sign of the rest of the album

Boy

Apr 24, 2018
ylixkey0q6i31.jpg

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
This is true. There has been some great music come out since then, but, this may be a bit of hyperbole on my part, not much music of this quality has. Granted, I am a huge Tool fan and I'm just floored that this is not only not a disappointment, but it may be up there with their best work yet. I've already spun it 3 times and it gets better every single time. What I'm really hoping for is that rock of this quality makes a come back all together.

An astounding amount of rock music of this quality has come out. If you haven't heard it I genuinely feel bad. It's one thing to resonate with a band and really get into them, especially after this long. Lord knows if Steven Wilson waiter 13 fucking years for an album I'd die a little inside and resurrect to hear the new one. But still don't denigrate the crazy work going on in the rock and metal world. There are bands that have started and put out as many amazing albums as Tool has in total simply in the time it's taken them to put out this one album.

And again I fucking love Tool's music. But there's a lot of good shit out there. It just doesn't go on the radio.

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
Ha, Whang already put up a video detailing how the album leaked. I've heard some funny things about what happened so it might be worth a watch

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
You should just listen to it. It's unlike any other their albums and the title track is not a sign of the rest of the album
I'd have to disagree with this on first listen. The first song seems very much like a template that the rest of the album follows (except the last two songs). Not a terrible thing since the first song is great though.

So far Culling Voices might be my favorite.

CCT would be great if they replaced the shitty synth with guitars.

Last edited:

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
That's more you than music. Devin Townsend consistently releases music at as high or higher quality constantly and it doesn't take him a decade either. And that's just ONE example.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
Album's good but every song is basically buildup so the entire thing has a kind of start and stop feel to it. Not sure I like the flow altogether because of that.

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
The album version of Descending is so good. One of my favorite tracks on the album now. The guitar effects sound great. Also the flow and lyrics just hit the right spot for me.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Album's good but every song is basically buildup so the entire thing has a kind of start and stop feel to it. Not sure I like the flow altogether because of that.
Yeah agreed. I was also hoping it would be weirder and more mystical sounding, but for the most part it sounds pretty basic. Still enjoying it though.

moeppel

Oct 26, 2017
just finished listening. so. fucking. great. :D pneuma is THE shit :)
can't wait for friday to get my copy

Boy

Apr 24, 2018
Just finished listening to the album, it felt like time just flew by. It's fantastic.
I enjoyed it much more than 10,000 days.
Most of the album reminds me of their Lateralus phase.
7empest reminds me of their Aenima phase.
Loved all the songs
Culling voices is the weakest track, imo

Qasiel

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
I'm really torn between waiting for release or trying to hunt it down. Gotta stay awake for night shifts tonight and chilling out with a brew and this album would be a fine way to do it...

Ugh... Could somebody ping me over a link, just in case? I'd be forever in your debt.

Flex1212

Jul 12, 2019
Can someone DM please? I ordered the deluxe set but I am not a patient man. Much appreciated.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
hot take: those first few minutes of pneuma sound a lot like schism warmed over
I'm glad I'm not alone! It's literally the D string played with particular corresponding notes just like the bridge in schism lol. I was happy when it changed up a little.

I never listened to the new songs live so this is my first time hearing invincible. Holy shit this is my favorite Tool song.

Scarface

Oct 27, 2017
Canada

I like undertow.
I adore Aenima.

Just curious.

Im not the biggest fan of 10k days either. Like its not bad or anything i just like it a lot less than their other stuff. My favorite is Aenima as well.

The album is awesome. Im sure youll find a lot to like.

Praxis

Sausage Tycoon
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Been looking for the leak as I'm camping this week and the thought of sitting around a campfire listening to new Tool is too much. PM me if possible.

misho8723

Jan 7, 2018
Slovakia
Album is really great - but after all the talk from previous weeks and days how "Meshuggah" heavy 7empest is, I was disappointed.. track is still really great, just not as heavy as I was expecting thanks to all the hype