• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Unless you're Izumi Curtis, then being a House Wife only makes her stronger.
FMA is full of a bunch of badass women though. Izumi, Riza, Armstrong's sister, Lan Fan, Mei Ling. All of them could kick a dude's ass.
It's a big thing in anime and manga (and in the west as well). Women are allowed to be a cool awesome fighter or adventurer, until they find a husband.
THEN YOU STAY IN THE KITCHEN DAMMIT!
get-back-in-the-kitchen-o.gif

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
so playing monster hunter xx on switch just makes me want world even more

OP
OP
Seda

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
So is Android 21 actually being a Majin, like, the main '"twist" of the game's story mode, or did they just change their mind after her initial reveal.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
i thought she just transformed into a majin or something

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
it's cool that the main villain of a dragon ball game is a lady though

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh christ, why did I thought I read "one punch man" on that list?

anyways...

4fUgH8K.jpg

For whatever reason, Adult Swim sent me a second ToonamiBox so if you want it, PM me.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Bulma: Not a fighter. Would be hilarious in a fighting game, but she's left out of almost every single DBZ game.
Chi-Chi: A fighter...who quit because her only goal was to land Goku. She does make the roster from time to time usually in her early DB appearance.
Launch: Not even Toriyama remembers what happened to Launch. Would like Bulma be hilarious in fighting games.
Android 18: Is in most fighting games. Prefers to just sit things out and raise her daughter but has been more involved in the Super era.
Videl: The real disappointment in this regard. Lost all of her spark and just became a doting housewife with none of her previous fire. Say what you will about Bulma and Chi-Chi (and even 18!) they did not do a character 180 like Videl. Videl is in about as many games as Chi-Chi.

And...that's about it for canon women. What's her face from the Bardock special is a deeeep cut who has been in a game or two, and Bardock's chief flunky was also a woman who as far as I know is only in 1-3 games herself.

The more games we have based on Super, the more ladies will show up. Xenoverse by having an MMO style character creation also allows women for most of the DBZ races.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
there's a couple of females that are almost guaranteed as dlc for Fighterz

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Battle of Gods literally gives you a great BS reason to make Videl insanely powerful again and they noped right out of it.

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Bulma: Not a fighter. Would be hilarious in a fighting game, but she's left out of almost every single DBZ game.
Just Tron Bonne it up with with a mini Mech. Especially with the fact that the rest of the Z fighters have a chance against any of the villains in the main roster in this game.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Just Tron Bonne it up with with a mini Mech. Especially with the fact that the rest of the Z fighters have a chance against any of the villains in the main roster in this game.

Yep, I expect a bunch of insanity (bombs, guns, ships, lasers) and depending on what era Bulma you pick she could have a different special/super assist character (Yamcha/Babby Trunks/Geets/Mirai Trunks)

Mr. Satan has been this sort of character before.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
there's a couple of females that are almost guaranteed as dlc for Fighterz

Yeah, the next arc of Super introduced quite a few female characters that would be fitting.
For Fighter Z I wouldn't be surprised if its limited to just Kefla and Ribrianne though. For DLC characters I can imagine the roster being Champa, Jiren, Toppo (w/Dypso as assist), Frost, Kefla (w/Cabba as assist) and Ribrianne.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
At least this time around if they make it further into the timeline they won't be afraid to make Pan a bad ass.

looks like they didn't forget about Bulla either, I'm not that up to date on Super.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the next arc of Super introduced quite a few female characters that would be fitting.
For Fighter Z I wouldn't be surprised if its limited to just Kefla and Ribrianne though. For DLC characters I can imagine the roster being Champa, Jiren, Toppo (w/Dypso as assist), Frost, Kefla (w/Cabba as assist) and Ribrianne.
Caulifla and Kale deserve their own slots damnit

Crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
A) Hearts out to JadedWriter and Jarate for the bullshit they've had to put up with recently

B) I'll try to get to the award show podcasts soon but boy is it going to take me a while LOL. Shame I didn't get invited to this end-if-year reward show this time :(

Literally cannot imagine caring about Dragonball that much.

I mean it was a gateway anime for millions and remains one of the most popular anime in the world. Is it really hard to imagine lots of people caring about something popular?

Yeah, FMA is really the exception to the rule in a lot of ways though. It's really a fantastic manga/anime.

Good summary of all that Arakawa put into writing FMA and SIlver Spoon

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Did Silver Spoon ever go out of hiatus? I remember hearing she had to put the series on pause after a family member got sick or something & the last thing I remember reading was the main character studying for an exam.

....man, a shame that series probably won't get a third season.

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I won my first match in the DBFZ beta and the dude rage quitted on me just as I defeated him.

Like "Nnoooo, don't go. I am not good at fighters at all. ;-;"

But I already seem to have an affinity with Adult Gohan.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Did Silver Spoon ever go out of hiatus? I remember hearing she had to put the series on pause after a family member got sick or something & the last thing I remember reading was the main character studying for an exam.

....man, a shame that series probably won't get a third season.
It came back last year....for 3 chapters.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
About Champagne I doubt he would be in
Champagne hasn't a real fight so no moves for Fighterz to Add
I can see the Pride Troopers and Kefla though and maaaybe Ribranne

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017

We talk a lot about bad parents, but what type of parent are you if you leave stopping a global genocide to your daughter?

Also, eh, okay.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Generations (and 4U before it) just reminds me how lame most MH and Dos monsters really were. Bulldrome is especially meh.

3rd and 4th gens have the best new monsters, and looks like World is continuing that.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
I think my all time favorite MH fight is Qurupeco. It's pretty much the only good small monster they've ever made.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Qurupeco gives me nightmares because MH3U was my first monhun game and he summoned the pickle to aid him

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
See that's what I like about Qurupeco. As soon as you hit high rank you get those funny "oh it's definitely going to summon a jho fights" along the the other high rank missions that are seemingly waay too easy because a Jho is just going to wander in.

Also it dances, it's a really quick fight if you know what you're doing, it's got nice easy tells but hits hard. It's the first monster that ever clicked with me. I had played every single other MH game that came out over here before 3U and was about to give up on even that when a friend invited me to play one last hunt against this thing and I had a blast.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
See that's what I like about Qurupeco. As soon as you hit high rank you get those funny "oh it's definitely going to summon a jho fights" along the the other high rank missions that are seemingly waay too easy because a Jho is just going to wander in.

Also it dances, it's a really quick fight if you know what you're doing, it's got nice easy tells but hits hard. It's the first monster that ever clicked with me. I had played every single other MH game that came out over here before 3U and was about to give up on even that when a friend invited me to play one last hunt against this thing and I had a blast.
i hated jho back then because i was bad, but now that i'm better at the game i really enjoy the fight,
i'm also one of those weird people who really enjoys fighting ceadeus its actually my second armor set on my high rank mh4u guy

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
I liked fighting gold beard a lot after I figured out how to do it in a timely manner. It's a very easy armor to make to get you through most of 3U G Rank, and you can still find people running it.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
I liked fighting gold beard a lot after I figured out how to do it in a timely manner. It's a very easy armor to make to get you through most of 3U G Rank, and you can still find people running it.
i was weird back then and tried to solo g rank, it takes a long time to solo goldbeard in hr gear

Status
Not open for further replies.