• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
BTW, from my experience, it's better to put large images in spoiler blocks instead of quotes, since the forum automatic image resizing works better there. Compare:
sHU08Lc.png

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
New thread.

Same Toonami-era goodness.

Also Birdo shows up in Superstar Saga, and she hates Mario and Luigi?

I thought they were friends!?

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
The Naruto Shippuden filler banner never fails to make me laugh. Also could someone be kind enough to repost the nomination catagories for the Toonami Escape Best/Worst of 2017? I do remember the deadline is Jan 5th so I better get to it.

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
Nominations for the 2017 ToonamiERA Awards are now open!

Nominations are being accepted for the following categories:

• Worst Moment
  • Best Moment
  • Best Name
  • Best Dressed
  • Best Fight
  • Best Villain or Villain Group
  • Worst Character
  • Best Character (Male)
  • Best Character (Female)
  • Biggest Disappointment
  • Best Surprise
  • Most Wanted New Show
  • Best Performance by a Voice Actor
  • Best Performance by a Voice Actress
The following categories will also be part of the awards, but do not need nominations:

• Best Opening Theme
  • Best Promo
  • Best Soundtrack
  • Worst Looking Show
  • Best Looking Show
  • Best Cast
  • Best Dub
  • Worst Show of the Year
  • Best Show of the Year
You may make up to 3 nominations for each category. The following shows are eligible for the categories:
  • Dragon Ball Super
  • Dragon Ball Z Kai
  • JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Battle Tendency
  • Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn
  • Hunter x Hunter
  • Naruto Shippuden
  • One Piece
  • Samurai Jack S5
  • Tokyo Ghoul
  • Attack on Titan S2
  • Lupin the Third Part IV
  • JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders
  • Outlaw Star
  • Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans S2
Please note that for shows that did not air entirely during this year, only episodes that did air this year are eligible for nominations. If you need help remembering, here is the first Toonami schedule of 2017:

Tonight on Toonami, this week's lineup is especially SUUUPERRR!!! First up, it's the North American debut of one of the biggest anime series to come along in years: the long-awaited Dragon Ball Super. With the Earth peaceful again after the rampage of Majin Buu, Goku has become a farmer (also he's alive again, don't ask, we'll get to that someday), and Mr. Satan is rolling in cash from saving the world once again. But wait there's more, as DBZ Kai is back again with the debut of the Buu Saga. It's 7 years after Gohan's victory in the Cell Games, and in the meantime he's become a normal everyday high school student...who also moonlights as a masked superhero for fun (ONE PUUUUUUUUUUUNCH). After that's it's back to Depression-era New York as Joseph Joestar faces off against the traitorous Straizo atop the Brooklyn Bridge. We're still not done with the new stuff, though, as Toonami gets its first taste of Universal Century Gundam in a long long time. A Neo-Zeon remnant group known as The Sleeves is seeking a mysterious item called "Laplace's Box" but a stowaway with the group aims to get there first in the debut of Gundam Unicorn. Later still, Gon is recovered from his injuries so it's time for him and Killua to finally get their real lessons in Nen, Tobi tells Sasuke of the history of the Uchiha and the founding of the Hidden Leaf, an exhausted Luffy stands against a monstrous shadow-powered Gekko Moriah in a furiously pitched final battle as the morning sun begins to rise above Thriller Bark, and finally Mumen Rider makes his last stand against the Deep Sea King when it appears no other hero remains.

8:00 - Dragon Ball Super - 1 - A Peacetime Reward: Who Gets The 100,000,000 Zeni?
11:30 - Dragon Ball Super - 1 - A Peacetime Reward: Who Gets The 100,000,000 Zeni?
12:00 - Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters - 99 - Seven Years Later! Starting Today, Gohan Is a High School Student
12:30 - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - 11 - The Game Master
1:00 - Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn RE:0096 - 1 - Departure 0096
1:30 - HUNTER×HUNTER - 33 - An × Empty × Threat
2:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 140 - Fate
2:30 - One Piece - 374 - Our Bodies Vanish! The Morning Sun Shines on the Nightmarish Island!

3:00 - One-Punch Man - 9 - Unyielding Justice
Please PM your nominations to me. Also feel free to post them in the thread, but I can only guarantee that your nomination will be received if you PM it directly to me. Also feel free to ask any questions here in the thread or in PM.

Deadline is January 5th at 11:59 PM Pacific time.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Especially compared to its manga counterpart

I MEAN, FROM WHAT I'VE HEARD.

Oct 26, 2017
I'll give my nominations later tonight. Just needed a few days to think it over.

I know, I feel like I didn't partake as much considering the 3 marathons we had all didn't interest me, yet I still was #3.

Meanwhile, it'll be interesting to hear what our first new show of ToonamiERA will be (I think we heard of Black Clover before the move)

Most of it has probably been due to Stardust Crusaders being very engaging.

I have a feeling that we're gonna get a lesser-known show to replace Lupin. Maybe Sentai or Aniplex will make their return to the block.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe it's because I haven't been keeping up with what they've been acquiring, but I don't feel like Sentai really has any shows at the moment that'd fit the block.

I mean, the last show I heard they got was "My Girlfriend is a Faithful Virgin Bitch".

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Why couldn't SAO be dubbed by sentai instead of Log Horizon at least then we could make fun of SAO in another way

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Why couldn't SAO be dubbed by sentai instead of Log Horizon at least then we could make fun of SAO in another way

Aniplex show gets good dubs and cost a lot to buy for home release, which also look and sound fantastic. This formula has yet to fail.

Hell even via osmosis the shows dubbed before they were in that business that they've regained control over also have fantastic dubs.

Oct 25, 2017
Sentai also got Shokugeki no Soma.
... Yaaay?

I still think the highlight of the Sentai dubs we got was that AgK villain going "Scuse me bitch?!" in a voice that wouldn't be out of place on The Boondocks.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
The fact Sentai got SoS instead of Funimation suuccckkkssss considering what was going to make the dub so fun to watch was how over the top everyone would get, which....I don't think Sentai would handle well....

Oct 26, 2017
I finished season 1 of Seven Deadly Sins. The show is mostly enjoyable with a diverse cast and flashy magic abilities.
Outside of a glaring re-occurring character trait, I think it would have made a fun group watch.
I went in expecting a Fairy Tail clone but it reminds me more of MÄR.

Last edited:

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
I finished season 1 of Seven Deadly Sins. The show is mostly enjoyable with a diverse cast and flashy magic abilities.
Outside of a glaring re-occurring character trait, I think it would have made a fun group watch.
I went in expecting a Fairy Tail clone but it reminds me more of MÄR.

Weird faces bugs me almost as much as the sexual harassment.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Maybe it's because I haven't been keeping up with what they've been acquiring, but I don't feel like Sentai really has any shows at the moment that'd fit the block.

I mean, the last show I heard they got was "My Girlfriend is a Faithful Virgin Bitch".

From what I heard, Ushio & Tora would be a pretty solid fit. They got Made in Abyss last season which was arguably the best show of the season. Makes me weary if they plan to dub it lol They also go UQ Holder, but I've never really been into the Negima franchise.

The fact Sentai got SoS instead of Funimation suuccckkkssss considering what was going to make the dub so fun to watch was how over the top everyone would get, which....I don't think Sentai would handle well....

That Food Wars dub hurt man. They gave Erina a terrible Valley Girl accent.

How the fuck did Sentai even have enough money to start their own streaming service?

Serious note, they're actually legit the second biggest distributor behind Funimation. Sentai licenses a lot of the otaku pandering bait series so it's not a surprise that they were able to turn over a profit.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Oh right, Ushio & Tora is a show I keep forgetting was one you guys felt would work since it's so '90s.

That Food Wars dub hurt man. They gave Erina a terrible Valley Girl accent.
UUUGGGHHHHHHHH. I already hate that kind of accent, the fact they gave it to a character who SHOULDN'T HAVE THAT ACCENT is even worse.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
My Girlfriend is a Gal was an A++++/SSS/Pure Platinum tier dub though because of a Valley Girl accent, though that was Funimation.

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
  • Worst Moment *That* part in Jojo Part 3
  • Best Moment Mumen Rider defying The Deep Sea King
  • Best Name Dan of Steel
  • Best Dressed Lisa Lisa
  • Best Fight Mumen Rider vs the Deep Sea King
  • Best Villain or Villain Group The Phantom Troupe
  • Worst Character Anyone in Tokyo Ghoul
  • Best Character (Male) Mumen Rider
  • Best Character (Female) Hinata, Rebecca, Atra.
  • Biggest Disappointment Anything past Hinata's episode.
  • Best Surprise A scene that made me give two bits a shit about Shipudden.
  • Most Wanted New Show Whatever action show Shinichiro Watanabe makes.
  • Best Performance by a Voice Actor Ben Diskin - Joseph Joestar
  • Best Performance by a Voice Actress Erika Harlacher - Kurapika

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
The sexual harassment gets less and less as the series goes on

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I never got why that's funny it's not just the material but how from the few episodes I seen its not even done in a particularly funny way regardless

it's just him being creepy and princess not really reacting to it

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Interestingly the only sexual harassment in the series is Meliodas and Elizabeth

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
*finds out friend can't afford SNES Classic that I got for him so now has a spare SNES Classic to sell*

....anyone here interested in buying one for about $95 + free shipping to help me out?

ShinRPGamer

Nov 4, 2017
Here's hoping 2018 Toonami will be a good one. I'll submit my nominations tomorrow after I look back upon 2017 a little more.

UltraGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
2017 started with a dude turning the Hollywood sign into Hollyweed. 2018 started With a youtuber joking around with a suicide victim getting on the top trending and the President threatening Nuclear War and bragging about his dick size on Twitter.

Oct 26, 2017
  • Worst Moment - The final episode of Tokyo Ghoul Root A (Tokyo Ghoul)
  • Best Moment - Jack finally returns to the past and defeats Aku (Samurai Jack)
  • Best Name - Forever (Stardust Crusaders)
  • Best Dressed - Joseph Joestar (Battle Tendency)
  • Best Fight - Jack vs the Daughters of Aku (Samurai Jack)
  • Best Villain or Villain Group - Chrollo Lucifer/The Phantom Troupe (Hunter X Hunter)
  • Worst Character - Karin (Naruto Shippuden)
  • Best Character (Male) - Jack (Samurai Jack)
  • Best Character (Female) - Ashi (Samurai Jack)
  • Biggest Disappointment - The identity of the Colossal Titan (Attack on Titan S2)
  • Best Surprise - The entire reveal scene of the Colossal Titan and the Armored Titan (Attack on Titan S2)
  • Most Wanted New Show - Mob Psycho 100
  • Best Performance by a Voice Actor - Phil LaMarr as Jack (Samurai Jack)
  • Best Performance by a Voice Actress - Erika Harlacher as Kurapika (Hunter X Hunter)

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
Yaay, new thread.
*Goes back to playing video games instead of forum posting for once in my life.*

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
So it dawned on me, despite having access to try it, I haven't tried VR in any capacity. And I really don't feel the urge to. Part of it, and this may sound silly, is when you look at people with the PlayStation VR equipment on, they look goofy as fuck. VR needs to look less goofy, before I dive into it, and lose all sense of what the real world is.

...Unless I'm in a VR simulation right now, and have already lost all sense of the real world...

...Nah.

Status
Not open for further replies.