• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
What was Ginjo's plan?

Episode_344_Kugo.png

Why did he pretend to be Ichigo's friend for so long?

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
Oh and Kabaneri is coming out on Blu-Ray on the 16th so it could be that too

OP
OP
Seda

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
all i remember about that bleach arc is that ginjo had the other dude make him forget he was actually evil or something

It's more the novel explained Ginjou actual backstory to why he was doing it.

He just a guy wnating revenge aganist the Soul Society.

Ginjou was innocent. A Shinigami was sent to assassinate him. That Shinigami killed all of Ginjou's friends and Ginjou killed him in a fit of rage. Finding out about that plus the truth behind the Shinigami badge led to him rebelling. He went to the Seretei during the final arc in order to know the truth. But thanks to the Kamikake Ukitake was dead and could not speak. Ginjou still doesn't know why someone would want to assassinate him. It's implied the order came from high above. Ukitake is a major suspect and Ginjou believes it was him, but so far there is no confirmation.

Here's a bit from a blog that had the info.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
unless Kubo didn't figure out his backstory there was no reason he couldn't just have Ginjo or Ukitake or someone explain it
No, I mean literally Shounen Jump said "alright we gave you a final arc but this is too long, your series ends in X chapters" and just about every plot-line was completely abandoned.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
No, I mean literally Shounen Jump said "alright we gave you a final arc but this is too long, your series ends in X chapters" and just about every plot-line was completely abandoned.
I know but that was before any of that shit that backstory should have been in chapter black arc

but nope Let's have gotei 13 fight a bunch of human fodder

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
i'm fine with that since the final villain's power is some of the stupidest bs i've ever seen

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
swerve: we'll actually get both at the same time, back to back, at the front of the block

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The SAO spinoff is from the writer of Kino's Journey. That automatically makes it better than the actual series, right?

Oct 25, 2017
Half of his henchmen had final boss tier level powers.

"I'm just a sniper, nothing that extraordinary abo- JUST KIDDING I'M A GOD! I also look like Arceus now for some reason."
"My ability makes miracles happen, and that includes bringing me back to life stronger and bigger. Nothing can stop me! Except the executives stopping Kubo OH SHI-"

Dragging your feet for four fucking years Kubo... could have wrapped this up in two but noooooo you had to have goons that represented the roman Alphabet.

EDIT: Forgot about the imagination guy. Literally the power of imagination... and he does nothing cool.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
nothing short of a special like Jack or FLCL could knock Super off the front

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
"I'm just a sniper, nothing that extraordinary abo- JUST KIDDING I'M A GOD! I also look like Arceus now for some reason."
"My ability makes miracles happen, and that includes bringing me back to life stronger and bigger. Nothing can stop me! Except the executives stopping Kubo OH SHI-"

Dragging your feet for four fucking years Kubo... could have wrapped this up in two but noooooo you had to have goons that represented the roman Alphabet.

EDIT: Forgot about the imagination guy. Literally the power of imagination... and he does nothing cool.

"Hello I'm literally a fucking hand."

"Hello Uryu I have your powers but better "

Oct 25, 2017
Why the fuck are Bleach and SAO popular again?

The point of Bleach we're talking about is when it stopped being popular. It was popular when it was actually kind of decent for the first 20 or so volumes, and when people wanted Ichigo to kick Aizen's ass but Kubo took fucking forever to get there because EVERYONE HAD TO FIGHT. Then after Aizen's defeat and the series kept going, the popularity plummeted harder than a Hollywood star with sexual harassment allegations.

SAO is wish fulfillment trash... that's basically it.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Why the fuck are Bleach and SAO popular again?

There was three things that worked in Bleach's favor; (1) the art direction was fantastic. Kubo had some really strong character designs with the central cast. (2) It definitely benefited from the timing of its release. Bleach broke out around the time that Shonen was really stigmatized. It "tonally" felt more mature than Naruto or One Piece. And (3) the Soul Society arc was legit really good. Bleach hit the ground running, which is a problem that a lot of other shonen tended to have. So it continued to ride the waves of good will and after it became apparent that Kubo was a bit of a one-trick pony.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
yeah neither Kishimoto or Kubo managed to maintain the consistency that Oda has

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, HxH already is the highest selling manga per volume after One Piece and Attack on Titan. I'd say it's pretty popular

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
i don't know, ed & al didn't let their dreams of bringing their mom back be a dream & look what happened to them

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
The SAO spinoff is from the writer of Kino's Journey. That automatically makes it better than the actual series, right?
Wait really? And here I was going to make a joke about us getting S3 and the spinoff turning out to be way better.
Now that may actually happen, fuck.

mightynine

Oct 25, 2017
I really plan to be more active in the thread again and not fall asleep every week early because I am old.

Status
Not open for further replies.