• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
that one guy who be really good at punching and maybe throwing energy via beams or discs

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Vegeta has some great moments this next episode as well.

Actually this weekend's has tons of cool character moments. Looking forward to the dub version more than normal.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
Saving the awards for work on Saturday, cause it's extraordinarily dull without music or a podcast to listen to.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't listened to it yet but I'm sure that worst show is gonna come down to black clover and progressive...gonna have to go with black clover because I think progressive has at least a couple of good episodes...and so does black clover but it also had 8 times as many

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
They always ask those sorta questions because it's one of the topics on the pre-show, which they also show what the top 5 answers were based on the Toonami facebook page, then the AS one.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing some Jar Jar Binks was the actual Sith Lord level of theorizing going on with Kingdom Hearts 3 right now.

I kinda hope Kingdom Hearts 3 is kinda reserved....and decipherable.

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
Dragon Ball Super: Broly is great. Obviously it's gorgeous, and I feel like they were more creative with the fights than usual. SSG especially had some weird stuff going on. The humor was also fantastic. BoG had more jokes, but I think the gags in Broly were funnier. And it had... good emotional beats? Not a sentence I ever expected to say about a Broly movie, but I ain't complaining.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Broly movie was fun. I agree with Voltt about the action, comedy, and emotional beats. The comedy especially was great, and it mostly isn't the "wah wah, Goku said something weird" or sexist sort of humor, but the good kind of Dragon Ball humor. Worst part really was that the insert songs were weird.

EDIT: Audience was perfect for this kind of movie. Lots of laughing at the jokes, people going woah at action scenes, etc. Vast majority was men, but there were a few women, and a good mix of races.

Last edited:

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
man I wish one piece had better production if it had as good production as hxh I would easily put it above it

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Would need better pacing too
that's a given with better production i feel, though they would need to cut down the episodes per year by at least half so it didn't outpace the manga i suppose
edit: i'm sorry if i sound like i'm harping on HxH here, but One Piece is probably my favorite long form entertainment product of all time.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Though I feel like the anime right now probably looks the best it has in maybe over a decade lol

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Kaguya is a weird choice...i mean she's the most powerful female character by far, but it's still weird

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Sakura is basically a slightly more interesting Deku, so can't say I blame them on excluding her.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Who in the world is Kaguya? Granted, least we have another female character, but meh. I'm kinda starting to miss how J-Stars went for more franchises compared to Jump Force shoving as much One Piece, Dragon Ball, & Naruto, featuring some guests from other stuff.

meanwhile, obligatory WHERE DA FUCK IS JOJO, I SWEAR TO GOD IF THEY'RE RELEGATED TO SEASON PASS

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
Who in the world is Kaguya? Granted, least we have another female character, but meh. I'm kinda starting to miss how J-Stars went for more franchises compared to Jump Force shoving as much One Piece, Dragon Ball, & Naruto, featuring some guests from other stuff.

meanwhile, obligatory WHERE DA FUCK IS JOJO, I SWEAR TO GOD IF THEY'RE RELEGATED TO SEASON PASS
Kaguya is the final boss of Shippuden.

No I'm not joking.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Kaguya is the final boss of Shippuden.

No I'm not joking.
spoiler alert? i guess? i dunno.

I mean, guess they got representation from all 3 Naruto animes, but I still stand by I wish we had a wider variation of franchises represented despite fully well knowing we're getting more characters from the well-known franchises to appeal to the US demographic.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
spoiler alert? i guess? i dunno.

I mean, guess they got representation from all 3 Naruto animes, but I still stand by I wish we had a wider variation of franchises represented despite fully well knowing we're getting more characters from the well-known franchises to appeal to the US demographic.
i mean they're gonna mention Kaguya in Boruto far before she ever appears on Shippuden on toonami

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Talking about who wins best villain this coming year, unless some show comes in and blows me away with it, I think Part 4's villain takes it handily, because while you might be able to argue that Meruem is a better antagonist, he's not a better villain going by the traditional definition

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Talking about who wins best villain this coming year, unless some show comes in and blows me away with it, I think Part 4's villain takes it handily, because while you might be able to argue that Meruem is a better antagonist, he's not a better villain going by the traditional definition
It's probably going to depend on what you want from a villain.

Oct 25, 2017
They are both very good for different reasons, but I love both of them.
It's probably going to depend on what you want from a villain.
Exactly this.

Status
Not open for further replies.