• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like I'm a bit more strict with my definitions of what constitutes a villain or an antagonist than a lot of people. Like even where Meruem is right now I don't think he's a full on villain at this point in the story and that's an interesting trait to have in an antagonist but i feel like that makes him weaker as a villain if that makes sense.

b-dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like I'm a bit more strict with my definitions of what constitutes a villain or an antagonist than a lot of people. Like even where Meruem is right now I don't think he's a full on villain at this point in the story and that's an interesting trait to have in an antagonist but i feel like that makes him weaker as a villain if that makes sense.
Which is why I like him as a villain. He's complicated, he's not just pure evil and doesn't just stand around chewing scenery and being a dick.

But yeah, I get what you mean.

Oct 25, 2017
The complexity of what he is, is what makes him an excellent villain. He could be either Madara Uchiha or what he is now and I greatly prefer what he is because trying to figure out alternate takes for his story and where it actually ends up are not what anybody was expecting when he's first introduced.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
I think the reason why I like Kira as a villain more is that I think he's got interesting and complex goals and motivations, but he also chews the scenery like a shark and I never lacked the desire to see his ass get pounded into dust.

Oct 25, 2017
I think the reason why I like Kira as a villain more is that I think he's got interesting and complex goals and motivations, but he also chews the scenery like a shark and I never lacked the desire to see his ass get pounded into dust.
I love Kira so much that I bought a Kira shirt off of TeeFury and waited 5 months for it. I could have cancelled the order, but it's a motherfuckin' Kira shirt. I'd do the same for Meruem...hell I actually bought a Meruem x Komugi pin. I love both villains pretty much equally.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, Mortal Kombat 11 looks pretty alright. Shao Kahn in particular.

great.jpg

Just look at him.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
is that the second movie? if you're gonna give me something bad at least give me something entertainingly bad like the first one.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
FINALLY got around to the last two episodes of Zombieland Saga, and damn, that last episode was worth it, sorta shocked at just how good the show was. S2 wheeennnn?

Also I'm only a minute into Kaguya-san & I can already tell this is gonna be a good show.

Edit: As someone with a bad habit of overthinking, between Kaguya-san using it for comedy & HxH using it to add tension, I can't help but appreciate how each series uses them.

Last edited:

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
My first impression of Jump Force after jumping through hoops just to play the demo offline is "wow, they somehow made J-Stars feel less fun to control, maybe I should cancel my deluxe edition from best buy"

bummer.

OP
OP
Seda

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

I've heard similar stories like this before. That's a bummer if he acts this way.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
I could've sworn some people here mentioned the possibility of something like that being true when it was discovered he voiced Rohan & that it was "choice casting" due to Vic's reputation that's sorta an open secret at this point.

Still sucks either way, sounds like he let fame get to his head.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
i don't really follow famous people so the only time i hear about most of them being assholes is when i'm browsing etc

MizerMan

Oct 25, 2017
I thought it was known that Vic has a massive ego and could be a major asshole at times. Unless I was mistaken.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
probably the only celebrity i'm super invested in not being a terrible person is mark hamill

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Yeah, the Vic accusation has been going on for years now. The fact that how long lasting it has been is leaning me to believe that there is truth behind.

At least most of the other Toonami regular VAs seem to be nice people.

........right?

There's one other VA I've heard ongoing internet drama going on, but it's mostly been from his former circle of friends they had a falling out with, nowhere near to the level of this Vic stuff.

Oct 26, 2017
Series that are still missing from Jump Force:

JoJo
Gintama
Toriko
Dr. Slump
Kochikame
Kinnikuman
Reborn!
Medaka Box
D.Gray Man
Bastard!! (Probably not likely, but that would be a deep cut.)

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
They figured out that Naruto style characters look okay in that ugly ass game so they announced four more of them joining the fight.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Series that are still missing from Jump Force:

JoJo
Gintama
Toriko
Dr. Slump
Kochikame
Kinnikuman
Reborn!
Medaka Box
D.Gray Man
Bastard!! (Probably not likely, but that would be a deep cut.)
Nisekoi
Sket Dance
To-Love-Ru
Luckyman
Assassination Classroom
Saiki K.
Beelzebub
Hell Teacher Nube
Hikaru no Go
Bakuman
Kuroko's Basketball
Eyeshield 21
I"s
Bo-Bobo
Black Cat
Shokugeki no Soma
Dr. Stone
Promised Neverland
Strawberry 100%
Prince of Tennis
Shaman King
Slam Dunk
Space Adventure Cobra
Hoshin Engi
Buso Renkin

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
It feels bad when something you were pretty sure was going to suck because its just like something else that was terrible ends up being just that.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
A jump fighting game is such a fun idea. No idea why they can't ever get it right.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
They got it right. Then they got it even more right with a sequel. Then they never made anymore. It also doubles as one of the few good Smash clones.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
i don't know why anyone had any hope for it, it looked terrible from the first trailer

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
A jump fighting game is such a fun idea. No idea why they can't ever get it right.
Jump Ultimate Stars on DS was really fun & the whole "build a deck out of manga panels" on the bottom screen was a cool idea. It's a shame there was never a 3DS sequel, especially considering how popular it was with importers to the point Best Buy actually stocked it with a label being all "yo, this game is in Japanese FYI"

Status
Not open for further replies.