• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

Our own Toonami Escape Weekly Podcast, Hosted by thread regulars Grexeno, B-Dubs, and CKohler. Click the button above for the RSS link.

New webcast every Friday at ~8:00pm

Other useful links:

Toonami.com
Toonami Facebook
Toonami Simulcast
Toonami Tumblr

CFuJ1vO.png

FeW7cha.png

b8KZ6Pg.png

q8ll9GI.png

k3f4PNJ.png

yZFmgz4.png

K1KPxCc.png

CFuJ1vO.png

Show end dates. Through currently announced episodes. Does not account for unannounced marathons, etc.

Megalo Box: March 23
Attack on Titan (rerun): May 18
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable: June 8
Hunter x Hunter: June 22
My Hero Academia: August 17
Dragon Ball Super: October 5
Sword Art Online: Alicization: ~February 2020
Naruto Shippuden: February 24, 2024
Black Clover: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Boruto: Naruto Next Generations: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

|OT0||OT1||OT2||OT3||OT4||OT5||OT6||OT7||OT8||OT9|
|Jan14||Feb14||Mar14||Apr14||May14||Jun14||Jul14||Aug14||Sep14||Oct14||Nov14||Dec14|
|Jan15||Feb15||Mar15||Apr15||May15||Jun15||Jul15||Aug15||Sep15||Oct15||NovDec15|
|Jan16||Feb16||Mar16||Apr16||May16||JunJul16||AugSep16||OctNovDec16|
|JanFeb17||MarApr17||MayJun17||JulAug17||SepOct17||NovDec17|
|JanFeb18||MarApr18||MayJun18||JulAug18||SepOct18||NovDec18|

Last edited:

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
Well since it's a new thread:

Nominations are now open for the 2018 ToonamiERA Awards!

Nominations will be accepted for the following categories:

Worst Moment
Best Moment
Best Power/Weapon/Ability
Best Name
Best Dressed
Best Fight
Best Villain
Worst Character
Best Character (Male)
Best Character (Female)
Biggest Disappointment
Best Surprise
Best Performance by a Voice Actor
Best Performance by a Voice Actress

You may make up to 3 nominations for each category, and you may only make nominations from the following shows that aired new episodes this year:

Dragon Ball Super
Dragon Ball Z Kai
Black Clover
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable
Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans S2
Hunter x Hunter
Naruto Shippuden
Boruto: Naruto Next Generations
Outlaw Star
My Hero Academia
FLCL Progressive
FLCL Alternative
Pop Team Epic
Attack on Titan S3
Mob Psycho 100

Lupin the Third Part IV and Megalo Box are not eligible for awards due to not airing enough episodes this year.

Furthermore, here is MetatronM's schedule post for the first Toonami of 2018.

A few quick guidelines on a few of the categories:

Best/Worst Moment: Any nomination must be for a specific moment or scene. No "everytime x happens" or "all of x" will be accepted.
Best Power/Weapon/Ability: No real rules here beyond it must be something used by a character or characters, not a character themselves.
Best Villain: You may still nominate a group of villains if you so choose.

Feel free to post your nominations in the thread, but please try and also PM them to me. I can only guarantee nominations that are PM'd to me will be included.

Nominations will no longer be accepted at midnight EST on Jan 4.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
758 messages from the previous thread.

.....that feels kinda low for some reason, maybe it's the fact I can't stick around for HxH & BC anymore.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Having to drive home in Northern Virginia during the holidays is something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemies.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017

.....that feels kinda low for some reason, maybe it's the fact I can't stick around for HxH & BC anymore.
Plus 3 marathons

Also Seda shouldn't the tread title reference the fact that Toonami is moving back to starting at 11 eastern?

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, woah new thread. Wasn't even directed here from the old thread.

Wait, you can tell how many posts you've made in threads? I didn't think ERA had that feature after some update or another.

Last edited:

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
sao3 & goblin slayer airing back to back

and then made in abyss gets confirmed as well

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't Goblin Slayer tolerable and doesn't contain any sexually graphic scenes after the first episode? That's what I've been told at least.
My understanding is that nothing remotely relating to what happens in ep. 1 ever happens again & turns into another D&D inspired show. One that just happens to have one of the worst first impressions you could have.

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
I really should get on with filling out my nominations for the Toonami awards...but I've been so distracted by all of the shows on Netflix that I'm catching up on and discovering.

I think I used my PS4 more for Netflix than using it to play games despite the growing library I've gained this past month.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
I really should get on with filling out my nominations for the Toonami awards...but I've been so distracted by all of the shows on Netflix that I'm catching up on and discovering.

I think I used my PS4 more for Netflix than using it to play games despite the growing library I've gained this past month.

My PS4 use drastically went down in April when I bought a TV with a Roku built in. It then became a dedicated MHW and Twitch machine until I got sick of that. Twitch being the one thing Roku doesn't have a decent app for. Now I use the XB1X instead because it is also a better Blu Ray player.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
You can execute a target in Hitman 2 by shoving her into a iron maiden. A character in Lupin V also dies by being shoved into a iron maiden.

What I'm saying is it's been a very good year for iron maidens. Really coming back into popular culture.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Made in Abyss won't happen. The other two are entirely possible.

Instead use your energy to pray for MOBILE FIGHTER G GUNDAM HD instead. You'll get a years worth of high class entertainment.

Ashby

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wtf how'd we go from 9pm to 11pm did anime become way less popular over the last two weeks

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Wtf how'd we go from 9pm to 11pm did anime become way less popular over the last two weeks

People jealous of Shippuden's primetime success boycotted the block.

Adult Swim lost King of the Hill and a couple of other shows and ran an experiment, but there wasn't quite enough content nor eyeballs that early in the night. People pretty much just showed up for Super and watched from then on.

Ashby

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People jealous of Shippuden's primetime success boycotted the block.

Adult Swim lost King of the Hill and a couple of other shows and ran an experiment, but there wasn't quite enough content nor eyeballs that early in the night. People pretty much just showed up for Super and watched from then on.
Yeah but nothing even in the 10pm hour now? This is dire.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Not really, they also moved the block back an hour. They only contracted two shows, one of which was DBZ KAI.

gamerguy2002

Oct 25, 2017
Glendale, arizona
Hi everyone, guess we have a new thread so I've been out of it for a bit.
Been recovering from a car accident.

My friend died but the 4 of us who were in the SUV survived.

I'm okay, just sore and scratched up but my mind isn't doing too well.

I won't be around for a bit, probably a week or so. need time to heal. sorry guys, love you all. life's short please cherish the people around you.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017

I won't be around for a bit, probably a week or so. need time to heal. sorry guys, love you all. life's short please cherish the people around you.
Holy shit. I'm sorry about your friend but glad you are ok

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah but nothing even in the 10pm hour now? This is dire.

Ehh I wouldn't worry about it. This isn't so much a Toonami problem, so much as it's a television problem. Most networks are down ratings wise.

I'm glad you're okay.

I'm sorry about your friend.

Oct 25, 2017

Holy shit. Glad you're alive and sorry about your friend. Maybe you should speak to a grief counselor or some sort if you can afford it. Rest up and heal up.

gamerguy2002

Oct 25, 2017
Glendale, arizona
Thank you guys.

Holy shit. Glad you're alive and sorry about your friend. Maybe you should speak to a grief counselor or some sort if you can afford it. Rest up and heal up.

My job and the hospital offered counciling, I asked friends and family to let me know if I should consider it if I can't realize it myself. but for now helping the others who were with me and my friend's family means more to me.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
I was in a car crash everyone walked away from and it fucked me up for months. One with a fatality? Go talk to someone. Can't hurt to try. I am so sorry this happened to you and your friends.

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you guys.

My job and the hospital offered counciling, I asked friends and family to let me know if I should consider it if I can't realize it myself. but for now helping the others who were with me and my friend's family means more to me.
Give the suggestion some time. I think when you're done helping your other friends and it's just you it might pop itself in so it's something to be mindful of.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Woah, I'm so sorry to hear that. Definitely take all the time you need man

MizerMan

Oct 25, 2017

Damn. I'm sorry to hear about your friend's passing. Take as much time as you need, man.

Status
Not open for further replies.