• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Gundam Wing has a banging soundtrack. I don't think I spent enough time describing it. It's not quite on the level of G Gundam's amazing soundtrack, but it is dope as hell.
Wing's OST is done by Kou Otani (Shadow of the Colossus and Outlaw Star). I don't care who did G Gundam's, but Wing's is up there with Zeta Gundam's. It has a really good fusion of jazz, rock, techno and orchestra.

Oct 26, 2017
Gundam Wing has a banging soundtrack. I don't think I spent enough time describing it. It's not quite on the level of G Gundam's amazing soundtrack, but it is dope as hell.

Just wild beat, communication... *reverb intensifies*

I genuinely think Wing is great (and is 2nd only to G Gundam and the UC OVAs), but much like its characters I am insane and my motivations in life make no sense to most people.

Oct 26, 2017
Am I the only one who noticed the episode notes from the studio that appeared on screen for a split second during Black Clover?

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
tumblr_oqo096P5Qg1rd4ymxo4_500.gif

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
why am i getting so many makeup commercials on youtube

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Hahahahahahaahaha, are you serious.

please tell me that was part of the original japanese airing & they forgot to remove it for the dub.
probably, the production of the show is a complete mess and i doubt funimation really cared that much to fix the broadcast version that will air a total of once

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I feel like we may actually get a Toonami premiere for the MP100 S2 dub since we still don't have a date for the start of the SimulDub.

May 13, 2018
Would be nice to get a MP100 2 simuldub for Toonami. Interestingly enough, the season 2 premiere shown in theaters already had english credits instead of Japanese, which isn't done to simuldubs unless Toonami airs them

Yeah I never got the super saiyan is no a joke thing that people brought up with Super with Caulifla or hell back in the original series with Goten and Trunks.

Cabba himself got Super Saiyan pretty quick so why wouldn't Caulifla who is a much better fighter and stronger then Cabba have much truble going Super Saiyan after seeing or hearing it. Both are much stronger then Goku and Vegeta when they obtained it and should have about the same or more S-Cells.

Same can be said for the Z-Kids, Gohan was strong when he was born and the unique half saiyan half earthling and by the time the Cell saga came around he still need the trigger but it was much easier for him to go Super Saiyan then compared to his dad and Vegeta who went through alot to transform.

So by the time Goten and Trunks are around, both there fathers were much stronger when they had Goten and Trucks (with Goku already being a super saiyan) thus they had more S-Cells or whatever so it was even easier for them to transform. Trunks trained with Vegeta alot and he wasen't one to really hold back so he had training so added to this it was easier for him to active Super Saiyan, Trunks then would train and fight Goten when they would play so Goten himseldf got training with a Super Saiyan along with training with Chi-chi and higher S-Cells so its easy he would transform.

Basically, it was always easier for the younger generations to achieve Super Saiyan then Goku in Vegeta, they paved the way and allowed easier transformations.

Only reason people were mad at Caulifla is because she is a girl

OP
OP
Seda

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
the thing i hear about konasuba is that everyone are assholes

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
the thing i hear about konasuba is that everyone are assholes

Most of the main cast is generally inept, and act like jerks to each other, but they do care for each other. Some people have compared it to Always Sunny, but they never reach that level of jerk.

Sounds like they might have finished dubbing this some time ago, but something held it up.

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
Am I the only one who noticed the episode notes from the studio that appeared on screen for a split second during Black Clover?

I noticed this as a half second flash on the screen, so I didn't get a good look at what I just viewed until this screencap. Black Clover's production is still a hot mess.

Edit: Konosuba would be a great acquisition for Toonami and another comedy would be nice to diversify the block. Maybe the audience would be receptive to it if they thout of it being a parody of SAO and other Isekai franchises(which it is).

Last edited:
OP
OP
Seda

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
That one article very very loosely implied a longer term relationship between Toonami and Crunchyroll (again, now owned by the same parent company). Maybe Mob Psycho 100 will be replaced with a Crunchyroll show or maybe they'll try to keep one on the block when they can.

OP
OP
Seda

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Also looks like konasuba's voice direction is from the SAO / Blue Exorcist director so it should be pretty good

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida

Honestly the only real thing I dislike about the new saiyans is them sticking to the new Toriyama design style. Give them actual muscle definition lol

Which technically, Kale does at least.

That one article very very loosely implied a longer term relationship between Toonami and Crunchyroll (again, now owned by the same parent company). Maybe Mob Psycho 100 will be replaced with a Crunchyroll show or maybe they'll try to keep one on the block when they can.

Crunchyroll got Bungo Stray Dogs, Re:Zero, and now Konosuba so one of those three I'd say is likely. They also got The Ancient Magus' Bride which Demarco mentioned being previously interested in, but I'm not sure how that would do on the block.

And then there's Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress. Technically Amazon had the exclusive rights to it for a while, but their anime deals seemed to have expired this year, so Crunchyroll may end up getting the streaming and broadcasting rights since they already had it dubbed last year.

Oct 25, 2017
Crunchyroll got Bungo Stray Dogs, Re:Zero, and now Konosuba so one of those three I'd say is likely. They also got The Ancient Magus' Bride which Demarco mentioned being previously interested in, but I'm not sure how that would do on the block.

And then there's Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress.
Maybe Bungo since there is an s3 coming, though would Toonami commit to three seasons like that? I guess Re:Zero but it feels like its getting oldish and without any bit of a continuation on the horizon, dont really see what the benefit is for either part. Ancient Magus Bride might be too sleep inducing to show during Toonami hours and also it kind of failed to deliver on how CR and others hyped it up also the premise was kind of questionable with monster buying slave teenager and having romancing of an adult and a teenager...

Kabaneri is ancient and also still not on any service that isnt AMZN, so I dont think CR could show it (even if its on Funi disc, but like Funi's disc release of Netflix originals, funi cant stream the shows).

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
Re:Zero's dub is in sort of a limbo right now, so it probably isn't coming super soon.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
A Hit OVA would be the perfect excuse for a film noire type thing set in the dragon ball world. Do it you cowards!

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Oh damn, they're FINALLY giving Konosuba a dub. Probably one of the funnier comedies I've seen, I don't know if it's really Toonami material, but I would totally rewatch it dubbed &/or with a group. Though sheesh, the anime premiered three years ago. There's a Netflix joke in there about how long that took, though it sounds like there might've been some weird rights/licensing going on.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
in an alternative universe, that dude who showed up at the end of Jojo would actually be holding a woman's foot instead of her hand.

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
Hands are probably the nastiest part of the human body seeing how much we use them to touch the most germy stuff 24/7. But we are more okay with holding hands and even kissing them than many other body parts.

Though hands do have a more pleasant aesthetic than feet and usually less smelly.

Status
Not open for further replies.