• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
On one hand, I'm glad we're getting a RE2 remake demo.

On the other hand, timed or exclusive demos are dumb, and I don't understand why they're a thing.

Also they're stupid.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Unless they're online stress tests for multiplayer, I will never understand making single player demos timed. Every time I wanted to try MH World, it's been timed. Sure, that's a more mutliplayer focused game, but why not let me just try the single player stuff so I can at least get a feel for the controls?

Also what the actual hell at Atlus deciding "hey, let's make a demo that you can't carry the save data over considering it's the literal first few hours of the game, but also charge $10 AT THE CHEAPEST to even try out a game where people still have no idea what the actual gameplay is!" If you wanna make it a timed exclusive as a bonus for buying a different game, fine, Konami did that with Metal Gear Rising, but don't charge people $10 & then tell them they'll have to replay those first few hours when the game finally comes out.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
If you're talking about Vanillaware's new game I have to wonder if that games is having serious issues. We've seen little to nothing of it for years and what has been shown has been sparing at best. I have to wonder if they're just dumping what's working in hopes of generating some quick cash.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Yup, 13 Sentinels. Which is a huge shame because VanillaWare + Sci-Fi/Mechs sounds like a match I would absolutely love, but it seems like that game has gone through some development hell. To remind everyone, that game was revealed at TGS in 2015. It's been over 3 years since it was first announced & we STILL don't know what genre of gameplay it is.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Yup, 13 Sentinels. Which is a huge shame because VanillaWare + Sci-Fi/Mechs sounds like a match I would absolutely love, but it seems like that game has gone through some development hell. To remind everyone, that game was revealed at TGS in 2015. It's been over 3 years since it was first announced & we STILL don't know what genre of gameplay it is.

Its a mash up of 2D JRPG character driven stuff and then what looks to be some kind of RTS/Puzzle style game. Closer to Into the Breach than Mech Warrior or Zone of the Enders

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
*SIIIIGGGGHHHHHH* guess I'll watch ONE more episode of black clover since episode 51 was meant to mark the end of the "season"

.........oh god, is it seriously gonna recap the damn underwater arc

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Nothing about the last BC episode marks the end of the season lol. It just starts up another big battle

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
"Look at how excited everyone is about that piece of cardboard!"
"You mean Yuno?"
"I know what I said."

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
ANOTHER GODDAMN SCENE OF EVERYONE REMINDING YOU OF THEIR ONE SOLITARY TRAIT OUERHP9WOETJNI[9OAWURH[9O'WSNKEDR;PIJBUERL.EMKSNF;OUBDFI;OLJNUO;

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit, there was a shot of this lightning bird dude that looked so off-model, I had to pause & laugh. His face reminded me of off-model Beerus in early DB Super.

also these new villain designs are laaammmeeee

OH JESUS, THE WIND FAIRY TALKS

4 wizard kings for a total of 201.

Last edited:

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why you guys watch stuff you hate or don't like
I'm dropping BC now on account that I have to watch it by myself & I really only managed this long due to group watching it/most of the enjoyment was reading reactions, but considering I can't live-react to it anymore, I have lost all desire and today was the last time I would watch BC.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
I mostly watch black clover because I don't like 30 minute gaming sessions

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really pay that much attention to Black Clover or Naruto when it aired early on the block. I usually play on mobile games or my 3DS during those times.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Poor form of Gabriel to stalk Jack's ex like that

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Since B-dubs requested it, that picture of Kira being hinted at in a previous Jojo episode:

8a7.jpg

CKOHLER

Oct 25, 2017
j5gSCn5.png

Episode 133 "The Villain of Part 4"
This week Grexeno, B-dubs, ckohler, and Zonic discuss Harry Potter pooping, Orochimaru, Spider-man lifting buildings, Dr. Claw, Cowboy Bebox, Lawson, Sealab 2020, Bayonetta, and some Shikamaru stuff.

Audio:
http://www.ckohler.net/toonamiescape/Episode133.mp3

Timecodes:
0:01:33 News (Smash Ultimate Review)
0:02:41 Dragonball Super
0:11:57 Boruto
0:17:55 My Hero Academia
0:26:55 Mob Psycho 100
0:36:13 Megalobox
0:42:00 Jojo: Diamond Is Unbreakable
0:56:30 Black Clover
1:03:23 Hunter x Hunter
1:10:53 Naruto: Shippuden
1:12:23 Sign offs

You can subscribe in your podcast app using this address:
http://www.ckohler.net/toonamiescape/podcast.rss

Last edited:

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
how many episodes until killer queen?

Canyon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Didn't know there was a thread for Toonami! I'll be at least following this thread when Saturdays roll around. I caught a random episode of Mob Psycho, which was the first time I've seen it in motion, and I'm already a big fan. I'm considering subbing to Crunchyroll for my anime fix throughout the week.

OP
OP
Seda

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
wow i must have been really drunk for the podcast because I don't remember doing it!

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't know there was a thread for Toonami! I'll be at least following this thread when Saturdays roll around. I caught a random episode of Mob Psycho, which was the first time I've seen it in motion, and I'm already a big fan. I'm considering subbing to Crunchyroll for my anime fix throughout the week.

Welcome! Always happy to have more people here.

fd88814edbc15785f1ab1f69158ddf19b06bff77_hq.gif

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
What was your avatar originally anyway
It was either these or a varient of one of them.

cnhadGd.png

b7cKW4r.png

Funny enough, I don't remember how I came up with my current one, I think it just randomly popped into my head & asked someone on here (PlasticShark, thank you again) if they could make the idea I had.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
It was either these or a varient of one of them.

cnhadGd.png

b7cKW4r.png

Funny enough, I don't remember how I came up with my current one, I think it just randomly popped into my head & asked someone on here (PlasticShark, thank you again) if they could make the idea I had.
I meant more like who was the original supposed to be...did you draw it?

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
I meant more like who was the original supposed to be...did you draw it?
Ahh, gotcha. Like Baroque said, it's from a silly Persona 4 comic drawn by Hiimdaisy. I just found the faces funny & kinda adapted it, especially after earning my old tag & wanted to keep an avatar that matched said tag.

Here's the dubbed version of said comic. Man, I saw this 10 years ago in high school.

Status
Not open for further replies.