• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Me while reading HxH: "I feel like I should be reading a novel and not a shonen manga right now."
I'm usually quite up to date with it, but I've been spacing it out just due to how it's paced. I have one more chapter to read and I'll be caught up. HxH is a good read, but depends on what you're in the mood for. Lately I've been enjoying Attack on Titan more than HxH, but that's mainly due to it reads better as a manga and it's less mentally taxing.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Boy Namco, this doesn't sound like a definitive edition of Tales of Vesperia...Maybe you should have gotten the old voice actors back...

download.png

#AlwaysBetOnScamco

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Oh no, the secret missions are back. That's what made me drop Vesperia on 360. Hell, the trophy list looks like the exact same as the 360 version.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
of all the reason to drop a game.....that?
Yeah, I won't lie, it's a rather stupid reason to stop. This was back when I was WAY more obsessed with trying to get all the achievements I could in any games that I could & I hit a point where I couldn't make the item that allows you to swap characters in battle and I hated the idea of a missable trophy where I'd have to replay hours of the game to get another chance.

I also recall the boss itself being hard as well (it was the Gigalarva thing), but it could be due to the fact I was trying to complete the secret mission at the same time. Either way, I'm thankfully not gonna let that prevent me from giving the game another go.

Oct 26, 2017
Can't believe it's been 14 years since Resident Evil 4 came out.

Felt like yesterday I was playing the demo at a Kmart. Perfect game to play with Genesis' self-titled album in the background.

Oct 25, 2017
Which is odd seeing as Vesperia is supposed to be a fan favorite among the Tales of series.
It is and people have been asking for this for years and they still half ass it. No wonder why I've been very hesitant on the preorder. Yeah I had to buy a new phone, but I still have the money for it, I'm just not gung ho about financing a shoddy port on release date when I'd rather give my money to Ace Combat 7 and RE2 Remake.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
moar liek half-vassperia, am i rite

....boy, kinda glad I chose to cancel my pre-order due to getting KH3 in a few weeks, M&L Bowser's Inside Story this week, then Travis Strikes Again next week. Though now I need to debate if I want my Ultimate Edition of Jump Force or if I should just wait for a sale & instead put the $80 (it's $100 but Best Buy GCU discount) towards getting Yoshi's Crafted World for $48 instead. Honestly, Jump Force was probably my only Feb. game and now March is getting a bit busy with both Yoshi & Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn (which I might hold off on due to playing it on Wii but I wouldn't mind replaying it).

Pascal

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Parts Unknown
Started playing Hollow Knight again after taking a little break (I think Path of Pain broke me) and now I'm getting destroyed by Nightmare King Grimm. This game can be really challenging at times, and I've barely even touched the Godmaster content. Still aiming for the Platinum though.

Also, that Hollow Knight speedrun at AGDQ was fucking amazing. The final boss was really intense and the runner made Path of Pain look easy.

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Nightmare King Grimm is my favorite boss in that game, and maybe my favorite 2d boss period. He's so frustrating but so fun.

I can't say the same about the godmaster stuff. Just seems way over the top torture. I used a trainer without regrets there.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Got my tickets for Broly I'm ready and waiting for that glorious animation

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I might go see it in theaters but I'm honestly not so sure how badly I want to sit among so many hardcore Dragon Ball fans. May go first a morning showing

Tenumi

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
*Researches*

Hmm... I'm not sure either of my local theaters are gonna have the movie. Shame, as I was kinda looking forward to it and there's no way I'm going further than that city to see the movie.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
*remembers the 2nd season of Kakegurui started last week*

hell yeah

*remembers Netflix has the rights*

.........oh, right......

Meanwhile, my friend already invited like 5 people to The Movie Dragon Ball 超 Super Broly (that's how I read it based on the poster), and considering this is the first time my theater is actually promoting this kinda event (we got that GitS Rise movie, but it didn't seem to do well) since I'm told they don't do well here, it'll be interesting to see how big the audience will be. Always figured a Dragon Ball event would do well since I live in a college town.

Hey, speaking of DB movies & posters, if I were to acquire the poster to the new DBS film, would anyone want it? We can take home movie posters, we just gotta claim them or pay for them & I would imagine I might be able to take home the DB Super one easily if I asked. I'd only ask that shipping be taken care of, but the poster

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
i only want posters of good movies & franchises.

Nah, figured one of you guys would want it much more. But let me ask the location manager next time I see him, someone else might've claimed it.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
OG Dragon Ball = actually like it, I feel like Toriyama is a better comedian than he is a story teller
DBZ (Kai) = I'd explain in detail, but it'd take 398 episodes for me to power up then another 238 to fully type it all out how much I don't like the pacing & repetitiveness
Super = Eeeh, it's fine. I'm liking how there's more humor allowed but I'm still not digging how repetitive the fights feel, despite the pacing being much better than Z for the most part.

Bare in mind that I actually never sat down & watched Z until Kai aired on Toonami, so I've already seen/read other shonen like MHA, Jojo, a decent amount of HxH, One Piece, Assassination Classroom, Medaka Box, Fullmetal Alchemist, Soul Eater, Zatch Bell, & what not.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
super is gonna be competing for best fight of the year pretty hard this year

Status
Not open for further replies.