• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
so is 90% of the cast

so does he have any actual characteristics aside from the thing that everyone else has in the show of punching really hard

MizerMan

Oct 25, 2017
They could've just unveiled Jiren during that stream and got it over with. He was gonna get in regardless.

Jarate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jiren is literally just Brock Lesnar, he's gigantic and very powerful and menacing without any need for backstory or character qualities

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
so does 90% of the cast according to the fanbase

so far this guy sounds more boring than a blank wall
He's noticeably more brutal than the rest of the cast.

Also, his rather goofy looking design ended up making a lot of memes, which is probably at least 25% of the reason people like him.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Jiren didn't need to do anything other than have entertaining fights for me and he delivers that in spades

Ricelord

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
KK5vfAI.gif

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Tournament of power produced some amazing memes as well

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Got out of Broly.

That's a damn good Dragon Ball movie. It's got a few pacing issues. (It could honestly stand to be about 10 or 15 minutes longer, which is not something you say about Dragon Ball often.) Spectacle wise, it's easily the best the series has ever looked. Especially in character art.
Frieza is hilarious in this movie, and as a height challenged person myself, relatable.

Also Broly is a likable character, and even as someone who likes the old Broly movies, barring the last one of course, I didn't think I'd ever say that.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Broly is still Male Kale, but now I can say that he's my Male Kale D:

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
Considering his popularity, I'd guess sooner rather than later.
I don't think Janemba is actually that popular, at least in Japan. From what I can gather, other movie villains like Cooler, Turles, and Bojack are bigger.

Edit: Scratch Bojack, actually. Looks like I might have been wrong about him.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Janemba skates by on his weird warping powers and nothing else

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
Though honestly, no non-canon characters are even remotely comparable to Broly. Even before DBS: Broly was announced, Broly was more popular than most of the main villains from the original manga.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
The only villain that could rival/beat broly in popularity was Frieza

Oct 25, 2017

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
this week of toonami should be a pretty damn strong one, hell Toonami's been on a roll outside of a couple of shows for a good long while now

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
not gonna lie your mileage will vary greatly with Jiren, but i fucking think he's awesome

Line X

Oct 26, 2017
Hi there again. Been getting progressively busy with life stuff the past few months, and now I'm one of those that had to cut the cord so not only can I not watch live for the time being, I had to return that damn box which had all the saved recordings of Progressive and Alternative, of which I never got to watch with my precious captions. Also, RIP IBO S2. I never got to that one either. Also all of the 2nd half of Space Dandy. Damn...

So did anyone like all of that background chanting of the soundtrack in the Broly movie? It kinda grew on me the more I pondered over it, hahahaha

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Haven't seen the movie yet but it sounds like the kind of goofy thing I'd be into lol

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So i have good news and maybe possibly bad news? So I have cable and internet back and its great, but we switched back to charter, I havent had charter in maybe 10+ years but when I had it before, it didnt have as many channels as direct tv.
Now that I have it I have the "basic" and "select" package of channels, and afaik no differentials like CNW and CNE, iirc since I live in st. Louis I would default to CNW so that means I'd be getting the episodes an hour behind you guys, which means i wont be able to do live commenting with you guys. It may not be the case, who knows but we will see come tonight.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
not gonna lie your mileage will vary greatly with Jiren, but i fucking think he's awesome
I low-key love antagonists that are just OP walls, they don't need to be this deep nuanced character, they just need to be this unbreakable wall that the protagonists need to somehow overcome

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
So i have good news and maybe possibly bad news? So I have cable and internet back and its great, but we switched back to charter, I havent had charter in maybe 10+ years but when I had it before, it didnt have as many channels as direct tv.
Now that I have it I have the "basic" and "select" package of channels, and afaik no differentials like CNW and CNE, iirc since I live in st. Louis I would default to CNW so that means I'd be getting the episodes an hour behind you guys, which means i wont be able to do live commenting with you guys. It may not be the case, who knows but we will see come tonight.
well since you have a cable subscription you should just be able to use the adult swim livestream to watch along

Status
Not open for further replies.