• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
nope.
it's an aniplex title.
Since parting ways with crunchy funi has licenced some aniplex shows such as the bunny girl one and sword art, but they aren't the ones dubbing them.

they have said the dubs will eventually come, if they are dubbed, and when they happen they will be added so sword art should be added eventually, but aniplex doesn't dub everything they have. A romance show like love is war could easily be skipped over by them.
No, I just checked. Funimation has it. https://www.funimation.com/shows/kaguya-sama-love-is-war/?qid=f555e322a8696865#videos

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

when you're trying to calculate all the scenarios but the airhead invokes chaos theory

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
no. again they have licenced it from aniplex and it's on their site.
it's an aniplex license and any dubbing will be from aniplex.
Funimation only has the rights to stream it because they licensed it from aniplex, any dub or home video release will be from aniplex.
As I said, you will also find sword art online and bunny sempai on the funimation site, neither of which funimation will dub either because they don't have the rights to do so.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
It's AMAZING

no. again they have licenced it from aniplex and it's on their site.
it's an aniplex license and any dubbing will be from aniplex.
Funimation only has the rights to stream it because they licensed it from aniplex, any dub or home video release will be from aniplex.
As I said, you will also find sword art online and bunny sempai on the funimation site, neither of which funimation will dub either because they don't have the rights to do so.
That sucks donkey balls. I wanted to buy it :(

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
That sucks donkey balls. I wanted to buy it :(
As did I.
and with madman entertainment getting bought up by aniplex as well (Australian anime shop) There is decent odds that I won't be able to import it from them, so ideally the UK release will be decently cheap.

I should note, Promised Neverland from this season is also aniplex :/

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
somebody write them an angry letter to not put it on toonami to prove that they really love us so they will put it on toonami before chika suddenly says something to throw it all out of whack before we finally concede defeat for the day

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I was going to continue playing KH3 tonight, but I put on SAO:a gun gale online and haven't stopped watching it yet.
It's not like it's great, but it's quite enjoyable so far.
At least when I have to turn off my brain in this series it's just for weird jokes, not for... yeah... *sighs in the general direction of SAO*

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
oh boy the next episode of Boruto should be a fun one, i actually recommend that people that normally don't watch see this episode, it's pretty amusing

Oct 25, 2017
I'm happy to report that there's an end credits scene in the SAO movie where the scientist villain gets brought to some crazy room and some guys tells him "Welcome to wrath" while he has a shocked expression on his face.

And then the text "SAO will return" pops up on this screen like this is a motherfucking Marvel movie

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
i'm here to tell you about the avengers initiative rabble rabble

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
It's been like 2 years since I saw it in theaters, but I thought the SAO movie was...fine? I liked that Kirito was completely useless for parts of the movie because it was an AR game and his body is a piece of shit

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
doesn't he get in shape and beat the bad guy in like a week tho

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like only like three people don't and at least one of those are lurkers

Boruto pretty much spoils it anyway or at least gives you huge clues
I haven't watched Boruto yet because I'm waiting for the dub of Naruto to finish lol.
As for knowing what happens.... I know who ends up with who to some degree, but in general I don't know any major plot details from the last arc lol.
I know Pop Team Epic was somewhat divisive, but I hope it did well enough that Demarco is still open to odd/weird things.
I'm open to weird things as long as they aren't garbage quality like Pop Team (which I would easily rate below Tenchi GXP :P)

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017

I watched the sub and it was pretty decent. Not sure the faux British accents for everyone was the best idea. This being dubbed by Sentai means a nonzero chance of it showing up on Toonami... though have we actually gotten a Sentai dub since Parasyte?

CKOHLER

Oct 25, 2017
l9GHpGx.jpg

Episode 137 "Fluctlight"
In this week's episode Grexeno, B-dubs, ckohler, and Seda discuss GodPads, Sakura's date, The Baroness, Alicization's one hour premier, Shigechi's head, witches, Pouf's dilemma, bugs, and even more SAO talk.

Audio:
http://www.ckohler.net/toonamiescape/Episode137.mp3

Timecodes:
0:01:43 News: Black Clover episode expansion, Mob OAV rumors,
0:06:16 Dragonball Super
0:13:53 Boruto
0:20:23 My Hero Academia
0:29:36 Sword Art Online: Alicization Premier
0:53:24 Jojo: Diamond Is Unbreakable
1:02:43 Black Clover
1:07:24 Hunter x Hunter
1:13:59 Naruto: Shippuden
1:15:47 More SAO premier talk
1:27:47 Sign offs

You can subscribe in your podcast app using this address:
http://www.ckohler.net/toonamiescape/podcast.rss

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
What are the odds of us getting the official English version of Great Days (and eventually Fighting Gold & Traitor's Requiem for Part 5)?

why didn't they use their bankai? because Kubo

Well with Hisagi, during the final arc
njImPYZ.png

Kensei is supposed to be training his bankai, throughout the arc he berates him for never using it when he gets defeated and at the end questions if he even has Bankai becuase he has never seen it.....even though he explicitly trained it....

Shinji is just weird since he got jobbed so hard by Gerald, but here is his Bankai power that he could have used but didn't.......:
Sakashima Yokoshima Hatsubou Fusagari (Reversed Evil Eight Treasure Barrier)- barred from using it because of it being too strong.

Blade has the power of reversal of everything (what that means who knows), with ridicules range where it effects friends and foe alike because its uncontrollable who it effects.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
I heard Princess Principle is good but it's one of these shows I'll never end up watching unless it ends up on Toonami, but lol that's never happening.

Probably as likely as Kaguya ending up on Toonami : p

Oct 25, 2017
l9GHpGx.jpg

Episode 137 "Fluctlight"
In this week's episode Grexeno, B-dubs, ckohler, and Seda discuss GodPads, Sakura's date, The Baroness, Alicization's one hour premier, Shigechi's head, witches, Pouf's dilemma, bugs, and even more SAO talk.

Audio:
http://www.ckohler.net/toonamiescape/Episode137.mp3

Timecodes:
0:01:43 News: Black Clover episode expansion, Mob OAV rumors,
0:06:16 Dragonball Super
0:13:53 Boruto
0:20:23 My Hero Academia
0:29:36 Sword Art Online: Alicization Premier
0:53:24 Jojo: Diamond Is Unbreakable
1:02:43 Black Clover
1:07:24 Hunter x Hunter
1:13:59 Naruto: Shippuden
1:15:47 More SAO premier talk
1:27:47 Sign offs

You can subscribe in your podcast app using this address:
http://www.ckohler.net/toonamiescape/podcast.rss
Shigechi died over a chicken sandwich, he earned that gruesome death.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
can't wait for the new season of dragon ball super to get announced at the direct tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.