• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ehh, I dunno. One scene at the very beginning would've helped, but wasn't the make or break. I really don't feel as if the manga itself spent enough time developing the relationship.

The general idea for a while now is that Gon is ride or die, quite literally. Kite being the dude who inspired him to get into the Hunter game and Gon thinking he's to blame just kind of compound everything.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
man, Gon just sitting there uselessly pleading for someone to help him because he just can't deal with this shit was fucking hard to watch

shit :(

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
okay I know you guys think this isn't earned or whatever but that is underselling it lol. Kite was a major part of the first 1/3 of this arc.
okay, he's cool and i like him but fact of the matter is him and Gon never had a vibe that they were particularly close

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Thought that was a great performance by Erica Mendez btw.

Next episode is going to be something.

OP
OP
Seda

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, Pouf was betting on Palm being distracted by Gon's distress?

Pouf tricked Pitou into thinking that Komugi is back in the ants' possession, which is why she feels she doesn't have to adhere to Gon's demands anymore (not that he's in a position to anyway) and felt comfortable enough to heal herself.

Oct 25, 2017
Gon is a young kid that's spent the last month or so training to fight an army of stupidly powerful ants that want to eat humans. I don't blame him for not thinking through this stuff with Kite

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Pouf tricked Pitou into thinking that Komugi is back in the ants' possession, which is why she feels she doesn't have to adhere to Gon's demands anymore (not that he's in a position to anyway) and felt comfortable enough to heal herself.
Even then, she still respected him enough to give him time to grieve. Pitou really could have just murdered him then and there.

OP
OP
Seda

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
and yeah imo I felt Erica sold that scene considerably better than that other one

Shippuden Squad!

Status
Not open for further replies.