• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MetatronM

Oct 25, 2017
Next week on Toonami:

11:00 - Dragon Ball Super - 98 - Oh, Uncertainty! A Universe In Despair!
11:30 - Boruto: Naruto Next Generations - 18 - A Day in the Life of the Uzumaki Family
12:00 - My Hero Academia - 37 - Katsuki Bakugo: Origin
12:30 - Sword Art Online: Alicization - 2 - The Demon Tree
1:00 - Megalo Box - 8 - Deadline of the Dream
1:30 - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond Is Unbreakable - 23 - Heart Attack, Part 1
2:00 - Black Clover - 57 - Infiltration
2:30 - HUNTER×HUNTER - 130 - Magic × And × Despair
3:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 237 - Ah, My Hero Lady Tsunade!

3:30 - Attack on Titan - 48 - Bystander

Later.

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
Next week's Boruto is a legit great episode.

Also, I'm still angry about SAO and how it started. Just a large amout of time of nothing happening with some uninteresting new characters and some bad explaination on "what is a soul". Although the later was pretty gut busting.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
when does part 2 of Attack on Titan S3 start? if it's soon i could see that replacing Megalo Box

Oct 25, 2017
Quite. For all his fanaticism in his devotion to Meruem, more than anyone else in the Royal Guard, he manages to be the only disloyal one among the three at the same time by being the only one to disrespect and actively attempt to subvert the King's wishes.
Pouf worships his idea of what the King should be, but not who the king really is. Youpi and especially Pitou are the guards that care about Meruem whereas Pouf only cares about the title.

Crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Next week on Toonami:

11:00 - Dragon Ball Super - 98 - Oh, Uncertainty! A Universe In Despair!
11:30 - Boruto: Naruto Next Generations - 18 - A Day in the Life of the Uzumaki Family
12:00 - My Hero Academia - 37 - Katsuki Bakugo: Origin
12:30 - Sword Art Online: Alicization - 2 - The Demon Tree
1:00 - Megalo Box - 8 - Deadline of the Dream
1:30 - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond Is Unbreakable - 23 - Heart Attack, Part 1
2:00 - Black Clover - 57 - Infiltration
2:30 - HUNTER×HUNTER - 130 - Magic × And × Despair
3:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 237 - Ah, My Hero Lady Tsunade!

3:30 - Attack on Titan - 48 - Bystander

Later.

We're losing the last hour of Toonami? Was this announced when SAO S3 got announced?

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
First episode of SAO was probably a 5/10 for me. The first part was competent but boring, and the second was bad but hilarious, and I'd rather take the second over the first, tbh. At least there's something to talk about in that case.

I don't think the in media res was handled well, honestly. The hook was there, it just took a damn half hour to get to it and honestly 15 minutes could've been cut to add impact. Like, they could've easily started in the cave area and nothing would've been lost, along with providing decent action to bring you in. Guess they needed to fill out that hour though.

Last edited:

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
As busy as I've been since the holidays I'm finding it harder and harder to make it to the early hours of the morning. Totally passed out playing RE2 last night during the dead hour.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
we're gonna have a full year of SAO...i predict only about four of us will survive

lazybones18

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Alicization Episode 1 review

Didn't expect the show to begin in whatever project Kirito is involved. Nor did I expect his game character to be more child-like. You can just see the yaoi intensify on-screen with the interactions between him and Eugeo (close-up ass shot!). Didn't mind the slow-nature of the first half. It only took like 15 mins before we have our first sign of trouble. Seeing Kirito trying to take on that Integrity Knight and failing was hilarious. You can't save everyone Kirito, you should know that by now. And Eugeo, you little bitch. You did jack shit trying to save Alice! System alert ain't no excuse. Still need to see how this plays out.

I do like that we got to see the entire gang (save for Leafa and Yui) at least in the first episode. I did catch the SAO Fatal Bullet logo on one of the buildings while they were in GGO which was a nice touch (I should have given that game a try). The details of the project Kirito is involved kinda flew over my head but it will be interesting to see how it all comes together. Loved the KiritoxAsuna moments (DAT KISS). Nothing will separate those two.....except maybe a Death Gun disciple. Everything will turn out just fine, right? RIGHT?

Overall Score: 9/10
Solid start for me and I'm more than happy that the show is back. This is going to be a fun year. I'm gonna bask in the hate and salt.

Slamtastic

Oct 26, 2017
Yesterday in preparation for tonight's Toonami (DVR gang represent) I watched Sword Art Online: The Movie: Ordinal Scale. Everyone who has experienced SAO should watch this film. It has it all:
  • Technology that is just magic
  • A society obsessed with new gaming technology even after the death MMO(s)
  • The ability to win SONY™ headphones or free food by being good at video games
  • Kirito complaining about the lag in real life
  • Idol concerts
  • Kirito's friends competing for his affections with his wife in the room
  • Kirito and Asuna's very important and real marriage
  • A totally necessary bath scene
  • Cyber ghosts
  • Every character who has ever appeared in the franchise cameos
  • Yui rides between Leefa's boobs and pops out with a cartoon boing sound effect in one scene
  • The hero, Akihiko Kayaba (see cyber ghosts)

Oct 25, 2017
Yesterday in preparation for tonight's Toonami (DVR gang represent) I watched Sword Art Online: The Movie: Ordinal Scale. Everyone who has experienced SAO should watch this film. It has it all:
  • Idol concerts
  • Cyber ghosts
  • Yui rides between Leefa's boobs and pops out with a cartoon boing sound effect in one scene

I've been debating watching it because it's on Hulu, but I don't know if I can put myself through 2 hours of SAO

Stunner911

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Wakanda
  • Idol concerts
  • Cyber ghosts
This sounds like some fuckery

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
  • Idol concerts
  • Cyber ghosts
That sounds beautiful, we should watch it and do reactions for the podcast

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I remember the movie being fine? I can't actually remember that many details about it either way. I don't recall THAT much fuckery besides the typical 'that's not how technology works' as you'd expect. There's a scene where you see Asuna's nipples I guess.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017

"schedule conflict"

I wonder if the Reigen special was being saved for April Fools weekend or something like that.

Last edited:

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017

I wish I got a musical sting whenever I say a word ominously

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Had to share this after Bigkrev showed me this on Twitter.

Nuts to think in 2019, we're getting new FLCL merchandise, let alone the shows last year. A shame it's probably going to cost $80-$100+ easily.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
"I do know hurt"-Sora says staring at his hands, completely oblivious to how every other main character has suffered worse than he has.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Total honesty: KH1 and 2 were better than 3. KH3 tries to force too many mechanics in there you'll never use and has way too many cutscenes. Plus all the FF characters are gone.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
what if

& hear me out

....kingdom hearts, but you travel to different square-enix worlds instead of disney

sora has to team up to travel to worlds like chrono trigger, world ends with you, dragon quest, nier, secret of mana, ogre battle, romancing saga, front mission, xenogears, & more

But yeah, wtf at no FF cameos, not even Sephiroph returns for his secret boss & instead just another heartless....but there IS a rather cool SquareSoft cameo with the secret gummi ship boss that goes with one of the unlockable ships you earn via taking a pic of one of the constellations....now if only S-E could actually RE-RELEASE THE DAMN GAME.

Gonna be honest...I always thought Sora was lame
For some reason, maybe it's just because I'm much older compared to playing the games when I was a teen, but he felt kinda.....fanfic-y with KH3? "Aw yeah, I'm gonna make a story where I become friends with all my favorite disney franchises!"

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
He was fine before, he just doesn't fit this game.

KH3 just makes me want to play 1 and 2.
you should replay 1 and not have it be based on your memories and you will at least realize 3 is way better than 1.
I started replaying 1 but so many things are tedious in that, especially the gummi ship.

Status
Not open for further replies.