• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Sacramento
So glad Chris is able to give us his Freiza performance for the tournament of power

Also holy moly I hope we can just roll straight into JoJo's part 5 after part 4 cause HOLY SHIT THIS SEASON IS EXCELLENT

OP
OP
Seda

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Mob Psycho has 4 episodes left? Getting close to that time to anticipate what might replace it.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah hopefully season 2, given the simuldub. Plus the Niosi, the VA for Reigen, said Season II is going to be on Toonami so we know it's coming just not when.

If not, then I dunno what it could be. Lot of good shows coming out this winter, but not many that are getting a dub right away, and I can't think of too many old shows I'd want on the block.

If by episode 11 we don't hear news I'd just assume it's going straight into the next season, because they've basically never announced a show more than 1.5/2 weeks in advance.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
*sees new opening to SAO, has another handshake moment*

animation-1.gif

It's okay, but still no match for the king.

animation-3.gif

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is probably the strongest anime season we've had in a while. Promised Neverland, Mob Psycho 100 season 2, Dororo, the remainder of Jojo Par 5 and so on.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Two elite students are too prideful to be the one to make a declaration of love, so they engage in Death Note-level mindgames and plots to force the other one to confess first. Hilarity ensues and they usually do not succeed.
This might be up my alley. Always want to try & find a comedy focused anime to watch each season. For some reason, I was thinking this was the plot to Ueno-San wa Bukiyou, but that's more "one girl thinks up insane ways to indirectly confess her crush".

Only other anime this season for me are Jojo Part 5, Mob Psycho 100 S2, and Kakegurui S2 (but that's Netflix...). Nowadays, I don't have the same desire of just jumping in fresh without any idea of the show's quality & rather wait for the first few episodes to air to get a better idea of what the show is about & is worth my time.

I forget... is this the one with the notorious truck moment?
This one?

b1b.gif

Nah, that's Zombieland Saga, which finished a few weeks ago & was surprisingly good.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
Tom Lehrer is an amazing musician. Still listen to his stuff from time to time.
Wouldn't be surprised at all if Araki got the idea of the Kira from that song actually.

Oct 25, 2017
For me, I've only been entertained by W'z (Hand Shakers s2) and Morose Mononokean s2.

Wasnt that impressed by Promised Neverland though I think its clouded by my view of the manga and some of the shortcomings of taking some aspects of it to the anime.

Other shows just arent in my radar or for me, so it's just a standard anime season for me.

Waiting for the Cat anime dub and Shield Hero dub (read and buy the novels so am interested in the anime)

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
imagine liking shield hero and not promised neverland

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Could Dororo ever make it to Toonami or does being on Amazon basically kill the chance of that? Seems like a show that would work well for Toonami.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
I need to catch up on the Promised Neverland manga.

Started it, but got distracted by something else.

Could Dororo ever make it to Toonami or does being on Amazon basically kill the chance of that? Seems like a show that would work well for Toonami.

It seemed like MHA couldn't come to the block and it did.

So surprises can happen.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like being on Amazon kinda kills its chances if it's exclusive to them. Usually, if Netflix or Amazon get the exclusive rights, it's not coming to Toonami.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
There's two kinda out there shows that I want on the block.

The first is Land of the Lustrous, because that show is wild, and I think people would like it.

The second is G Gundam. I want people who haven't seen it to experience the majesty of G Gundam.

I think the chance of either is pretty low.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
H-Gundam.

Also I had no idea G-Gundam was a whopping 49 episodes. I always assumed it was like 12 or 20ish.

MizerMan

Oct 25, 2017
G Gundam should return. Everyone needs to recognize the glory that is the Love Love Sekiha Tenkyoken

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Most Gundams are 50 episodes
Not Unicorn. Or 08th MS Team. Or 0083 Stardust Memory. or 0080 War in the Pocket. or Build Fighters. or Reconguista in G. or Build Divers. or Endless Waltz.

But for real, I always thought G-Gundam was one of those OVAs that Toonami just aired on TV. Maybe that's why I thought it was shorter.

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
Not Unicorn. Or 08th MS Team. Or 0083 Stardust Memory. or 0080 War in the Pocket. or Build Fighters. or Reconguista in G. or Build Divers. or Endless Waltz.

But for real, I always thought G-Gundam was one of those OVAs that Toonami just aired on TV. Maybe that's why I thought it was shorter.
Only UC Gundam gets OVAs.

Oct 25, 2017
I dont think I've ever said anything about disliking emma, she's the Katniss Everdeen of shonen jump, which, I love YA series.

TPN has significant writing problems, that make it difficult to fully enjoy at times. The 1st episode just wasnt exciting for most of the time.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So guys help me out here, I havent had cable or internet for weeks, is there like a site that hosts toonami

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the livestream is only for people with a cable subscription.

otherwise there are people here who find ways

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
Just spent $40 on a paperback version of Cucumber Quest so I'm living the high life

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
yeah guys, the PIRATE who wants to be king of the PIRATES and does so by assembling a PIRATE crew on his PIRATE ship is against PIRATING

this is like having makoto from school days being all "say no to sexual assault"

Status
Not open for further replies.